• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Haunted said:
Empire dismantling fnatic 3-0.

mouz vs Empire finals up next.
link link link

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oh God, this is gonna be amazing. Thanks for the link!

Haunted

10k viewers for a 10k final. How appropriate.

Kas has been carrying Empire through the tournament, but mouz will stop them and take the second Master's Cup in a row.

Yoshichan

These production values... good lord.

Haunted

Individual Rankings for the players from the EG Master's Cup Team League over the whole season:

Code:
#  Name           Team          W-L

1. beastyqt    Team Empire      8-2
1. Puma        Evil Geniuses	8-2   
3. Mana        Mousesports	8-4
3. Rain        fnaticMSI	8-4
5. Kas         Team Empire	7-4
6. Morrow      Mousesports      5-0
6. Thorzain    Mousesports 	5-0

Surprising that beasty from Team Empire comes out on top. Also surprising that Idra only achieved a 3-5 record.

Trickster

Haunted said:
Individual Rankings for the players from the EG Master's Cup Team League over the whole season:

Code:
#  Name           Team          W-L

1. beastyqt    Team Empire      8-2
1. Puma        Evil Geniuses	8-2   
3. Mana        Mousesports	8-4
3. Rain        fnaticMSI	8-4
5. Kas         Team Empire	7-4
6. Morrow      Mousesports      5-0
6. Thorzain    Mousesports 	5-0

Surprising that beasty from Team Empire comes out on top. Also surprising that Idra only achieved a 3-5 record.

I'm not really, beasty is actually pretty beasty, I love watching his stream.

On a different note, How do I deal with a zerg doing mutaling as a protoss? Even with blink stalkers I feel like a zerg with decent muta control can keep going from mineral line to mineral line and wreck havok before my stalkers arrive. Dealing with muta's also makes it nigh impossible to move out without getting my economy utterly destroyed before I get close to the zerg base :/

StuBurns

Banned
I finished the campaign, after chipping away at it for a couple of months, I'm finally done. Well, nearly done, I have the sky platform Char mission to do, but I've done the other 25. When I last posted about it, the reaction was pretty middling about the campaign, but I was blown away. I didn't like every mission, but it's scope and variety was incredible. I was very surprised how much I cared about the story and characters, I can't wait for HotS.

Tomorrow I'll do my last mission and start on the challenges, once I'm done with UC3 I'll go back and do some AI games, then start my multiplayer games, I'm not sure I'll really get into it at all, I've never been deeply interested in any competitive multiplayer game, but who knows, maybe this'll be the one, but regardless it was well worth the money for the campaign alone, and I'm looking forward to plenty of StarJeweled and Left2Die.

Yoshichan

Glad you enjoyed the campaign :) I've always enjoyed it (and beaten it 6 times), although I did hate the storyline.

If you're in EU and want a StarJeweled-buddy, I'm the right guy for you!

Haunted

StuBurns said:
I finished the campaign, after chipping away at it for a couple of months, I'm finally done. Well, nearly done, I have the sky platform Char mission to do, but I've done the other 25. When I last posted about it, the reaction was pretty middling about the campaign, but I was blown away. I didn't like every mission, but it's scope and variety was incredible. I was very surprised how much I cared about the story and characters, I can't wait for HotS.

Tomorrow I'll do my last mission and start on the challenges, once I'm done with UC3 I'll go back and do some AI games, then start my multiplayer games, I'm not sure I'll really get into it at all, I've never been deeply interested in any competitive multiplayer game, but who knows, maybe this'll be the one, but regardless it was well worth the money for the campaign alone, and I'm looking forward to plenty of StarJeweled and Left2Die.
Those deeply invested into the MP portion rarely have good things to say about the campaign. For me, it's one of the best RTS campaigns created so far. The serious, well-produced CG cutscenes don't have the campy charm of the C&C live action... action, but as far as the actual campaign gameplay and variety goes, Blizzard have really outdone themselves.

This is not just a bunch of skirmish maps or 1v1 scenarios, they've really explored what they can do within the SC2 RTS framework. Good stuff.

Yoshichan

Haunted said:
This is not just a bunch of skirmish maps or 1v1 scenarios, they've really explored what they can do within the SC2 RTS framework. Good stuff.
Yep, it most definitely shines the most when you start challenging yourself. Brutal difficulty, blue flame hellions and vikings only. Soooo good.

Oh well, we must be crazy, I guess. I regret nothing from getting every achievement on singleplayer :lol

StuBurns

Banned
Yoshichan said:
Glad you enjoyed the campaign :) I've always enjoyed it (and beaten it 6 times), although I did hate the storyline.

If you're in EU and want a StarJeweled-buddy, I'm the right guy for you!
I am indeed, sounds good, add me if you fancy it, I'm either StuCraft or StewCraft, can't remember.
Yoshichan said:
Oh well, we must be crazy, I guess. I regret nothing from getting every achievement on singleplayer :lol
My mate Dan who convinced me to play it has all but one, it's from that arcade game, I sense his hidden rage at it's difficulty.

Yoshichan

StuBurns said:
I am indeed, sounds good, add me if you fancy it, I'm either StuCraft or StewCraft, can't remember.
I'll be needing your character code though! :) (put the mouse pointer on your avatar for a second, it should tell you a code)

Yoshichan

StuBurns said:
I'll PM you tomorrow, I can't be bothered to go on the computer again tonight.
That's perfectly fine! There's no chance I'll be playing StarJeweled tonight anyway so XD

edit: Damn, come to think of it, I don't think we've had this many good maps on ladder (my opinion, of course).

Xel'naga
Metalopolis
Sharkuas
Tal'darim
Shattered

(Deleted Abyssal, Antiga and Nerazim).

Good job Blizzard! The only changes I'd do would be change the three shitty maps above for Terminus, Crevasse and Xel'naga Fortress. I'd seriously say they'd be done with the maps until the next expansion.

Yoshichan

Corran Horn said:
Cuz I need EG's info in like 3 different spots and peoples twitters etc while he is in game! ;;
Look what you did! Forced him to quit the stream now :( Good job!

Yoshichan

Corran Horn said:
Good, hero is streaming.
If it's not Dragon, I'm not watching!

Yoshichan

HoN? Someone call Hugoboss, quick!

Yoshichan

Just watched the SC2 1 year anniversary video (how did I miss it back in July?)

Of course he had to show footage of Foxer when the video described "sadness" as part of the e-sport.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Yoshichan said:
Just watched the SC2 1 year anniversary video (how did I miss it back in July?)

Of course he had to show footage of Foxer when the video described "sadness" as part of the e-sport.
Pfft thats his role in esports. 2nd place.

Yoshichan

Corran Horn said:
Pfft thats his role in esports. 2nd place.
GSL Arena of Legends
CPL Invitational 2011
FXOpen Invitational Series 4
FXOpen Invitational Series 3

All #1 and you know it

edit: before captain obvious shows up, YES I do know they're not as significant as GSL and other crappy tournaments.

Corran Horn

Yoshichan said:
GSL Arena of Legends
CPL Invitational 2011
FXOpen Invitational Series 4
FXOpen Invitational Series 3

All #1 and you know it

edit: before captain obvious shows up, YES I do know they're not as significant as GSL and other crappy tournaments.
Yes as you said he wins shitty tournys. That is the curse.

Pandaman said:
what ever happened to yellow?

is he still doing that gsl show?
No clue. Doesnt do the show, probably doesnt practice as hard anymore.

Quote from john
On October 27 2011 14:18 JunkkaGom wrote:
I don't think Yellow plans to try qualify for the time being. After Project A he realized there is limit to practicing without a team and he probably wishes to enjoy his retirement for a while before he takes any serious step

Can anyone point me towards the SC2 friend notification chime? I used to have it as my phone's text message alert, until I lost all of my data in a freak flash drive lock up.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Panamanian said:
what ever happened to yellow?

is he still doing that gsl show?

aswell as what Corrigan (todays new thing, I type a user name then dictionary correct it to the funniest result) posted, I also heard that he forgot to sign up this month.. but who knows

Yoshichan

That yellOw show was fun as hell, I want that back!
Corran Horn said:
Yes as you said he wins shitty tournys. That is the curse.
YOU'RE the curse!

Yoshichan

HolyCheck said:
pikachu girl is such a camera hogger..
I know that I promised myself not to do this but I really can't pass up this opportunity guys... here she is:

6I9bj.png

Corran Horn

Pandaman said:
why does incontrol stream himself sitting on a beanbag chair on the other end of the room.
lol. Its bad once the game starts.

Yoshichan said:
I know that I promised myself not to do this but I really can't pass up this opportunity guys... here she is:

6I9bj.png
Tell her american guys are better.

Yoshichan

Corran Horn said:
Tell her american guys are better.
Are you basing this on the latest SC2 ladder stats?

Yoshichan

Corran Horn said:
On my ability to use my charming Californian accent.
So I choked on water and woke my cat up :lol Thanks!

Yoshichan

I can count a total amount of 6 "EG" or "EvilGeniuses" in that pic alone.

How many can you find?

Yoshichan

Corran Horn said:
is she swedish? I thought they were all blonde there.
lolololol Oh Americas

edit: I was complaining why they didn't have Foxer in that picture... then I saw him :3 Good piece of art.

edit 2: the best part is that I've bought that specific shirt he's wearing! It's taking ages to arrive though...

edit 3: yes, I'm planning on representing PRIME in Dreamhack Winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom