• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q8D3vil

Haunted said:
Jinro, Huk and every Korean player I've ever watched streaming. Terrible.

Regardless of the music, I only watch streams where players extensively commentate their play anyway. <3 Trump
check satiini, he talks most of the time and he is much better player than trump (top eu gm).

stephano have the best music.

Haunted

Tntnnbltn said:
Fuck. I hate getting top post on a new page.
Stop being a 50 posts per page peasant.

Q8D3vil said:
check satiini, he talks most of the time and he is much better player than trump (top eu gm).
Thanks for the tip. Don't think I've seen him stream all that often (Trump is basically on daily), but I'll keep an eye out.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Haunted said:
edit: also, this guy singlehandedly saves J-Rock from being terrible as well.
This isn't Yoshiki (the origins of my name being Yoshichan)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Zlatko, kill me... I just bought Skyrim out of impulse :( Went to the stores, talked to the guy and all of a sudden I got the urge to buy a game... FUCK. Should've bought another SCII ;_;

Q8D3vil

Yoshichan said:
Zlatko, kill me... I just bought Skyrim out of impulse :( Went to the stores, talked to the guy and all of a sudden I got the urge to buy a game... FUCK. Should've bought another SCII ;_;
apparently i'm the only one without fucking skyrim :(
must...... resist :(

ultron87

Q8D3vil said:

I've got your back.

(Though I'm only not buying it because I'm playing 5 other things right now with Zelda and Assassin's Creed to be added soon.)

V_Arnold

TheThunder said:
I wish Skyrim had an actual fun combat. From the videos I've seen it looks just as awkward as Oblivion.

Will buy it once I upgrade my PC.

It looks and plays as awkwardly as Oblivion, for me. Which looks and plays as horribly as Morrowind. Which I disliked very, very much.

Therefore, I would not pay for Skyrim. They could pay me, and I would not play with it, either. No point.

Aylinato

I'm still laughing at my response to when Tashi went to the bathroom during a match

"what should I build I have like 2500 minerals?"

"EVERYTHING!!"

lol

jasonng

Pandaman said:
if you aren't angry when you lose, you aren't really trying to improve.
That's a lame excuse to QQ. Just because you don't get upset doesnt mean you're not trying. I have other aspects in my life that causes me stress. I don't need to make laddering more stressful than it is.

jasonng said:
That's a lame excuse to QQ. Just because you don't get upset doesnt mean you're not trying. I have other aspects in my life that causes me stress. I don't need to make laddering more stressful than it is.

I tend to play 5-6 custom 1v1s before touching the ladder. Not only to warm up, but to get in the proper mindset. If I wind up playing a silver or unranked player I'll decide to play an extra game, looking for diamond or masters players. Or high plat

Then I play 1-3 ladder games and sign off lol

PhoenixDark said:
I tend to play 5-6 custom 1v1s before touching the ladder. Not only to warm up, but to get in the proper mindset. If I wind up playing a silver or unranked player I'll decide to play an extra game, looking for diamond or masters players. Or high plat

Then I play 1-3 ladder games and sign off lol

I always plan to do this but never actually do. Even when i'm starting off using a different race and have no clure what i'm doing.

AdventureRacing said:
I always plan to do this but never actually do. Even when i'm starting off using a different race and have no clure what i'm doing.

Ah, like there it'll automatically choose Terran for you? Happens to me a lot lol, sometimes I catch it otherwise I just leave the game and start up another custom. Although if it makes me Terran against a zerg, I practice 2rax lol

Paches

Anyone else going to watch this Slayers Special deal with Boxer and some other Slayers players playing? Haven't heard anything about it except this TL event when I looked today.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
jasonng said:
i didn't say 'if you don't QQ when you lose'.

But yeah, you aren't trying.

Jeff-DSA

I'm still making the slow metamorphosis to Zerg, but I'm having a hard time letting go of Terran. Maybe I'll play both equally at some point, but I have a lot of time left to put into learning Zerg.

Never Protoss though.

Haunted

Q8D3vil said:
Skyrim will be awesome after a couple patches and when the mods hit.

Getting a Bethesda game with all the day 1 issues is lol.

Haunted

Dooraven said:
I reckon they view it as their trademark now.
It's more like a budgeting thing and creating things until the last minute instead of doing proper QA.

But yeah, they know they have an extremely forgiving fanbase. I love their games too, they all appear on my various GOTY lists.

But enough about inferior games. More SC2! I hear Battle in Berlin will be pretty good.

And I hear a lot of Europeans aren't happy with the MLG Providence lineup.

Dooraven

Haunted said:
It's more like a budgeting thing and creating things until the last minute instead of doing proper QA.

But yeah, they know they have an extremely forgiving fanbase. I love their games too, they all appear on my various GOTY lists.

But enough about inferior games. More SC2! I hear Battle in Berlin will be pretty good.

And I hear a lot of Europeans aren't happy with the MLG Providence lineup.

Well considering they're not much Euros there since most of them are at Multiplay, I'm not too surprised

Haunted

Dooraven said:
[/B]

Well considering they're not much Euros there since most of them are at Multiplay, I'm not too surprised
I'm not sure it's just because they're at a competing event. Overall, MLG has provided great incentives for Koreans to make the travel and NA players are coming anyway... but they haven't done anything like that for the European players.

And they're probably fine with that, because few to no Europeans mean that NA (hometown) players have a bigger chance to achieve something while they can boast "the best players in the world" because they also have the Koreans. As a Euro, I wish they'd be global, but they're probably very fine with the Korea vs NA thing they've got going on.

edit: Providence stats off the top of my head: 6 Europeans (TL and Sjow/Naniwa), 23 Koreans, 247 NA players.

Of the top 10 International TLPD players, only Huk and Idra are at Providence.

Dooraven

Haunted said:
I'm not sure it's just because they're at a competing event. Overall, MLG has provided great incentives for Koreans to make the travel and NA players are coming anyway... but they haven't done anything like that for the European players.

And they're probably fine with that, because few to no Europeans mean that NA (hometown) players have a bigger chance to achieve something while they can boast "the best players in the world" because they also have the Koreans. As a Euro, I wish they'd be global, but they're probably very fine with the Korea vs NA thing they've got going on.

edit: Providence stats: 6 Europeans (TL and Sjow/Naniwa), 21 Koreans, 249 NA players.

The thing is, I don't exactly know how how they'd promote it. The major complaint by Euros is that the prize money isn't sufficient for the travel costs. Hopefully next year remedies that.

Haunted

Dooraven said:
The thing is, I don't exactly know how how they'd promote it. The major complaint by Euros is that the prize money isn't sufficient for the travel costs. Hopefully next year remedies that.
Yes, here's hoping that the prize purse next year will be appropriate to the standing and size that MLG has achieved during this year.

They also want to expand and introduce a European circuit (or incorporate EU locations into the MLG circuit, I don't know), so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

zlatko

Banned
Yoshichan said:

I can't kill you man. It's a great game after the opening tutorial section which is just poorly put together and poorly paced. Once I started to play it in third person which actually works great for once in a Bethesda game, I lost 5 hours without even blinking.

The game was like "yo dawg we heard you like to resurrect and make zombies, so we let you kill a zombie and resurrect him to making him an undead dead zombie." xD It was hilarious to do that, and even more awesome to watch zombies distract my foes so I can just get behind them to slit their throats with my dagger.

I get where AdventureRacing was coming from with the opening of the game making him bored to death, but once you make it out of that area the game gets awesome.

Get yourself a new SC2 for Christmas if you celebrate. ;)

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
No Skyrim or Zelda for me Till i get paid at teh end of the month.. then i'll get both.. it will be difficult.. sigh

zlatko

Banned
HolyCheck said:
No Skyrim or Zelda for me Till i get paid at teh end of the month.. then i'll get both.. it will be difficult.. sigh

Almost half way through the month. You can do it! Still super busy with the new job? Last I read you work hard, enjoy GSL, then sleep. :p

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
zlatko said:
Almost half way through the month. You can do it! Still super busy with the new job? Last I read you work hard, enjoy GSL, then sleep. :p

Hahaha It's still the same. last few weeks have gotten even busier, I need to learn to leave the work at work and switch off when I get home, but it can be hard.

Other than that yeah It's pretty much work, gsl, sleep.. daylight savings pushes the GSL out to an 8:10pm start so it's a bit annoying.. falling behind on so many shows too!

I should use my weekend to do something.. *puts on pants*

HolyCheck said:
Hahaha It's still the same. last few weeks have gotten even busier, I need to learn to leave the work at work and switch off when I get home, but it can be hard.

Other than that yeah It's pretty much work, gsl, sleep.. daylight savings pushes the GSL out to an 8:10pm start so it's a bit annoying.. falling behind on so many shows too!

I should use my weekend to do something.. *puts on pants*

Nah man the weekends for working (i get paid so much more working weekends). That plus there is no GSL on weekends so you don't miss out :p.

Speaking of which i'm kinda annoyed that there is no team league and the AOL doesn't make up for it at all. That plus i hate how all of the code A games are rushed in one day. There is easily 2 days worth of content there.

The teamleague is a much better compliment to regular code S and code A anyway (considering it rates as well or better than regular GSL i'm hoping they put a lot of effort into it).

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Just bought the strategy guide for starcraft 2 single player.

weeeeeeeee time to beat it...oh....on brutal? ....oh i already have done that....oh well add it to my video game collections.

Corran Horn said:
Just bought the strategy guide for starcraft 2 single player.

weeeeeeeee time to beat it...oh....on brutal? ....oh i already have done that....oh well add it to my video game collections.

Now you have to beat it bitbybit style, marines and scv's only.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I just played a match that lasted an hour. It was so dumb, I should've just quit before the big encounter even happened. What a waste. Even if I won I would not have been satisfied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom