• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dooraven said:
What the Fuck at this thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=284741

Starcraft? More like DramaCraft.

Any pics of her, I'm randomly clicking on pages looking for one

edit:
249155_105776156178679_100002388860592_57025_8212291_n.jpg

lol desperate nerds

Q8D3vil

Tashi0106 said:
Can you hot key to letters as well as numbers?
yeah but you need to do custom hotkeys.
you might want to try grid hotkeys (it takes time but its so good if u plan on playing more than 1 race and it make ur macro so much easier).

Tntnnbltn

Tashi0106 said:
Can you hot key to letters as well as numbers?
You can change the hotkeys so that one or more of control groups #1-10 are on letter keys instead of number keys. I use the letters Q, A and Z instead of numbers 7, 8 and 9, for example.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Tntnnbltn said:
You can change the hotkeys so that one or more of control groups #1-10 are on letter keys instead of number keys. I use the letters Q, A and Z instead of numbers 7, 8 and 9, for example.

Oh I like that.

Thanks guys.

Also, if I have a barracks with marines queued and I want to cancel the building of those marines, what key do I hit to do that? I'm watching a Day9 video and he's doing it so fast. I usually double click but thats a pain in the ass. Apparently the real problem though is that I'm queuing up marines and SCV's in the first place.

Q8D3vil

Tashi0106 said:
Oh I like that.

Thanks guys.

Also, if I have a barracks with marines queued and I want to cancel the building of those marines, what key do I hit to do that? I'm watching a Day9 video and he's doing it so fast. I usually double click but thats a pain in the ass. Apparently the real problem though is that I'm queuing up marines and SCV's in the first place.
esc

Tashi

Q8D3vil said:

Thanks. I'm guessing I can use escape to cancel a building and any orders I give to units? Like, if I shift click an SCV to go back to mining after he's done building the barracks but then I decided I want him to do something instead afterwards can I click the SCV and then hit escape to give him new, fresh orders?

Also, let's say I'm sending marines across the map and I don't want to take my eyes of them but at the same time I'm building SCV's and marines and I have a factory going up. The factory is done and I hit X to build a tech lab. Still building marines and SCV's and watching my marines across the map. Now let's say that tech lab finishes and I want to research Siege mode and build a tank at the same time. How would I tell the tech lab to research Siege mode without actually clicking on it and clicking s? If I had the factory hot keyed to 6 or whatever can I click 6 and then some key that means tech lab and then S for siege mode? You know what I mean? Is there a key that is designated to the tech lab of whatever I have it built on?

Q8D3vil

Tashi0106 said:
Thanks. I'm guessing I can use escape to cancel a building and any orders I give to units? Like, if I shift click an SCV to go back to mining after he's done building the barracks but then I decided I want him to do something instead afterwards can I click the SCV and then hit escape to give him new, fresh orders?

Also, let's say I'm sending marines across the map and I don't want to take my eyes of them but at the same time I'm building SCV's and marines and I have a factory going up. The factory is done and I hit X to build a tech lab. Still building marines and SCV's and watching my marines across the map. Now let's say that tech lab finishes and I want to research Siege mode and build a tank at the same time. How would I tell the tech lab to research Siege mode without actually clicking on it and clicking s? If I had the factory hot keyed to 6 or whatever can I click 6 and then some key that means tech lab and then S for siege mode? You know what I mean? Is there a key that is designated to the tech lab of whatever I have it built on?
faster way to cancel unit orders is to click on them then press normal right click anywhere then give them new order.

you have to hotkey the factory techlab. you can add it to the factory same hotkey (6 in your example) then press 6 > TAB > S to start siege mod.
TAB let you switch between unit/structures that are using the same hotkeys.

Tashi

Q8D3vil said:
faster way to cancel unit orders is to click on them then press normal right click anywhere then give them new order.

you have to hotkey the factory techlab. you can add it to the factory same hotkey (6 in your example) then press 6 > TAB > S to start siege mod.
TAB let you switch between unit/structures that are using the same hotkeys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekMDFY96r9A

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oh God... Skyrim is killing me, I'm slowly but surely becoming inactive in here :( FUUUUUUUUUCK!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Corran Horn said:
Because you were playing skyrim, MKP lost wcg....
He was against MVP though, right?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Corran Horn said:
Because you were playing skyrim, MKP lost wcg....

:lol

I can't believe I've never thought to play games as I watch GSL. this is great, enjoying Bethesda's game + GSL! (hush corran)

Yoshichan

Nice stealth edit Dooraven! :D
Dooraven said:
All who plays Skyrim should go and die in hell, right now! So tired of the hype, I'm gonna kick someone off a building!

♥ XD

edit: By the way, I faked his quote :p I had no idea what he said.

MrKnives

What does it matter. You all will come crawling back here in the end so go play your Skyrim and enjoy. Cya back here in a bit.

I have to admit that lately I've been playing mostly Dota 2 and only watched SC2 games but I know I won't abandon SC2 >_>

Fuck Skyrim and go Dota though.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Regular member tags shouldnt be talking about juniors!

mwhahaha.

Time to fall asleep watching sc2 streams...yes I do this...

Yoshichan

Corran Horn said:
Time to fall asleep watching sc2 streams...yes I do this...
I do this regularly do, it's fucking awesome.

me and my ex did this twice... it was the best time of my life...

Q8D3vil

finally i've been getting tons of zvp these past two days.
probably because i'm playing diamond players now.
i love baneling busting forge fe and killing the protoss, its feels so gooooood.

Haunted

Q8D3vil said:
finally i've been getting tons of zvp these past to days.
probably because i'm playing diamond players now.
i love baneling busting forge fe and killing the protoss, its feels so gooooood.
Killing Protoss by blowing up Zerg units, now that's something I can get behind.

ksan

So my ZvP is atrocious... :(
I have no feel for when to start making an army or when to push their bases, and most importantly I don't have any clue what army composition I want to go for so I completely fall apart mid-late game.

On the other hand I'm still liking ZvT and ZvZ a lot and doing pretty well

Q8D3vil

ksan said:
So my ZvP is atrocious... :(
I have no feel for when to start making an army or when to push their bases, and most importantly I don't have any clue what army composition I want to go for so I completely fall apart mid-late game.

On the other hand I'm still liking ZvT and ZvZ a lot and doing pretty well
i'm platinum and i'm having the same issues, can't let them take beyond third base at most and then build tons of spines and then i build the bl's army of doom (+15 bl's).

ksan

Q8D3vil said:
i'm platinum and i'm having the same issues, can't let them take beyond third base at most and then build tons of spines and then i build the bl's army of doom (+15 bl's).
Ye, trying to stall for broodlords seems pretty common, but my timings are awful in ZvP :/
Guess I gotta wait and study how to play next time someone good streams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom