• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q8D3vil

i was trolling obviously :p

but you can't compare rts to fps, rts takes soooo much time just to learn the core mechanics.

you need to spend 50 hour just to learn the basic of sc2 ( maybe you will reach gold at that time).
you might even want to consider trying other races too to see what fit you the most.
Do you guys have crazy keyboards and shit? I have an ergonomic keyboard, it's really just meant for comfortably typing. :lol not exactly ideal but I bought months before I got SC2

I wasn't on a pro team or even semi pro so I'm not known. Team name was Campus Safety though.
get a mechanic keyboard, you will never regret it.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Q8D3vil said:
i was trolling obviously :p

but you can't compare rts to fps, rts takes soooo much time just to learn the core mechanics.

you need to spend 50 hour just to learn the basic of sc2 ( maybe you will reach gold at that time).
you might even want to consider trying other races too to see what fit you the most.

get a mechanic keyboard, you will never regret it.

I plan on doing that when I get more familiar with each race. At this point I'm so nooby it wouldn't really matter.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Tashi0106 said:
Do you guys have crazy keyboards and shit? I have an ergonomic keyboard, it's really just meant for comfortably typing. :lol not exactly ideal but I bought months before I got SC2
these are your options:
Buy a DAS ultimate or buy a $20 basic keyboard from walmart.

zlatko

Banned
I'd wait till I hit masters before I consider investing in fancy ass keyboards and mice.

Also Tashi it's worth the time to mess around with the other two races. You may THINK Terran is the easiest to play, but a lot of that comes down to the player. I find Z the easiest to macro with, P 2nd, and T my hardest.

Give it a whirl against A.I bots. :p

Q8D3vil

zlatko said:
I'd wait till I hit masters before I consider investing in fancy ass keyboards and mice.

Also Tashi it's worth the time to mess around with the other two races. You may THINK Terran is the easiest to play, but a lot of that comes down to the player. I find Z the easiest to macro with, P 2nd, and T my hardest.

Give it a whirl against A.I bots. :p
good mice is a must if you do any pc gaming.

keyboard in the other hands are not a must, but once you go mechanical you can't go back.
:lol

so never?
hehe nice one :p
i will play it after 2-3 patchs.
i did the same with fallout and i didn't encounter game breaking glitches.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
PAGING YOSHI: Come to your safe place please, come sit here, it's ok.

It doesn't matter if some one you don't know reviews a game badly

ITS NOT GOING TO AFFECT ANYTHING.

Skyward Sword will still be a very enjoyable game for you and I.

don't get yourself banned.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yeah man, I'm here... I really need to get the fuck out of the Skyward Sword review thread before I get banned. And I'm pretty sure I'm already going to get banned for shit I've said. So see you later guys!

edit: God, I can't wait to play it. Now that I've slightly calmed down, it's gonna be such a goooooooood game.

V_Arnold

Who the fuck cares what a reviewer gave some game. Skyward Sword is not worth getting banned over. No Zelda game does :p

Anyway, I will get UMVC3 today, fuck yeah. My vanilla MVC3 training lost to SCII:WOL, but now... maybe it will win over platinum ZVZ squabbles.

HolyCheck

Yoshichan said:
Yeah man, I'm here... I really need to get the fuck out of the Skyward Sword review thread before I get banned. And I'm pretty sure I'm already going to get banned for shit I've said. So see you later guys!

Just post a blanket apology stating you are aware you over reacted, and that you appreciate every one gets their enjoyment in video games from different aspects of the game. And that some times you don't agree with how these people feel, but you understand you need to accept this, as it doesn't actually impact on you personally, it just makes you annoyed that they are unaccepting of enjoyments other than their own (as you just were)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
HolyCheck said:
Just post a blanket apology stating you are aware you over reacted, and that you appreciate every one gets their enjoyment in video games from different aspects of the game. And that some times you don't agree with how these people feel, but you understand you need to accept this, as it doesn't actually impact on you personally, it just makes you annoyed that they are unaccepting of enjoyments other than their own (as you just were)
Thanks, I just did that (and I'm bailing out of the thread while I can). Hopefully I'm good to go... apparently the mod is reading through the stuff right now. It wasn't that bad, it's just a bunch of hyperbole. That's usual Yoshichan-talk.

HolyCheck

Yoshichan said:
Thanks, I just did that (and I'm bailing out of the thread while I can). Hopefully I'm good to go... apparently the mod is reading through the stuff right now. It wasn't that bad, it's just a bunch of hyperbole. That's usual Yoshichan-talk.

Yeah it's eat children, he's my bro, he's pretty chill

zlatko

Banned
I don't think you'll get banzored from what I had read in the last like few pages of that thread. Nothing outrageous or going ape shit on anyone so you're safe.

If you do I'll burn a candle for you though, and just remember that a couple 6 pools on ladder make a crummy day feel so good when you make someone else e-rage over cheese. ;)

Yoshichan

zlatko said:
I don't think you'll get banzored from what I had read in the last like few pages of that thread. Nothing outrageous or going ape shit on anyone so you're safe.

If you do I'll burn a candle for you though, and just remember that a couple 6 pools on ladder make a crummy day feel so good when you make someone else e-rage over cheese. ;)
Yeah, also Fed-Ex just visited me and gave me MGS HD collection so I'll be playing the heck out of that if I get banned! Win-Win kind of :D

zlatko

Banned
Yoshichan said:
Yeah, also Fed-Ex just visited me and gave me MGS HD collection so I'll be playing the heck out of that if I get banned! Win-Win kind of :D

Vic Boss! I'll have to rent that this coming Friday. I can't wait to replay MGS3 in HD. In my top 5 games of all time. Best female character ever in a game = The Boss.

Skryim gave me super motion sickness. :( Only a few games ever do that. Ugh. I got about 50 minutes of playtime, and now I've been struggling for the last few hours after putting it down to make the motion sickness go away. Finally did.... don't know if I want to risk playing it again now with new FOV and sitting further away. If it makes me sick again then I'll be fucked for another few hours.

GSL soon though and I think I'll just coast out the rest of my evening with that and call it a night. SC2 ftw.

Yoshichan

zlatko, my man, Deus Ex gave me motion sickness on PC too! But by changing the FoV, it got a lot better. Did you try this out?

zlatko

Banned
Yoshichan said:
zlatko, my man, Deus Ex gave me motion sickness on PC too! But by changing the FoV, it got a lot better. Did you try this out?

Yup. I think Skyrim is like at 60, and the usual normal game setting is 90. Exodu5 on here recommended I go with 80.

While swapping to 90, then 85, and finally 80 all helped with how sick I felt, I had spent too much time playing before in the shitty FOV, that the damage had been done. It also kind of sucks but the new FOV makes the game seem like I am looking through binoculars backwards. Ugh. :( Probably should have just gone with 360 version. /sigh

I'd cry 1000 tears if this happens when Diablo 3 launches.

Yoshichan

zlatko said:
I'd cry 1000 tears if this happens when Diablo 3 launches.
I only thought you could get motion sickness by playing games in first person O_O?! That's how it is for me at least! But yeah, hopefully you get a beta invite so that you can try it out :)!

If I get another invite, I'll give it to you, and you know it.

zlatko

Banned
Yoshichan said:
I only thought you could get motion sickness by playing games in first person O_O?! That's how it is for me at least! But yeah, hopefully you get a beta invite so that you can try it out :)!

If I get another invite, I'll give it to you, and you know it.

How many dicks does one have to suck to get so many beta keys? :O

My brain/eyes must be weird, because I've got motion sickness from two third person games in my life as well. Chamelon Twist for the N64, and Red Dead Redemption on 360. Not sure if that was FOV issues or motion blur, but it's possible.

Hasn't happened in a top down game like SC2 for me yet, but if it ever did I'd be a sad dude. :p

Yoshichan

zlatko said:
How many dicks does one have to suck to get so many beta keys? :O

My brain/eyes must be weird, because I've got motion sickness from two third person games in my life as well. Chamelon Twist for the N64, and Red Dead Redemption on 360. Not sure if that was FOV issues or motion blur, but it's possible.

Hasn't happened in a top down game like SC2 for me yet, but if it ever did I'd be a sad dude. :p
No dicks involved! I just have a higher chance to get beta keys from someone, so I might aswell just give one away :)

zlatko

Banned
Dooraven said:
How's UMVC3 btw Arnold, have they fixed pheonix yet?

Edit: Wiki states its releasing on the 15th o_o

He got it URLEY!

They did nerf her specifically, and they added a lot of new stuff to help deal with her overall. She's still going to be a beast in the right peoples hands, but it won't be a derp-herp like it was in vanilla.

I can't wait till my copy arrives on the 15th. I vow to body V_Arnold with my Iron Fist. :D

Edit: @Yoshi. That's cool you got a hook up. :) If I had less moral standards I could have stayed writing some free lance reviews for a site to gain more free games/get into betas, but games journalism is already shitty enough as it is that I wouldn't contribute to its crappiness overall.

Yoshichan

Seriously, this might be hyperbole, but Phoenix can't shoot more than one fireball in the air? That straight up makes her bad. Thank God I was never into Phoenix.

Another 10 years of MADNESS with MMS baby!

zlatko

Banned
Yoshichan said:
Seriously, this might be hyperbole, but Phoenix can't shoot more than one fireball in the air? That straight up makes her bad. Thank God I was never into Phoenix.

Another 10 years of MADNESS with MMS baby!

Wait made/makes her good still is that initial mix up she gets when she goes Dark, and when a new character comes in. Those several shields that hit you on your way in + her teleport mix up, then she can go low, high, mash short, etc.

Bitch won't know what hit her when I do my Frank hyper to put a servebot helm on her and tackle her around. Drink, swag, take some pics. Yo ungh!

SC2 needs to give SCV's servebot outfits. ;)

Yoshichan

Q8D3vil said:
worst case scenario you will get juniored.

oh wait, its not uncharted so nothing will happen.
You really do hate Uncharted more than usual because of that incident XD.

V_Arnold

Q8D3vil said:
worst case scenario you will get juniored.
oh wait, its not uncharted so nothing will happen.

GAF recipe for staying alive: Hot Controversial topic + Post that is not constructive, but just firewood to keep the flame going -> do not post in it, do not make references to it.

Profit.

Just like my "eat the crow, haters" comment in DMC E3 thread. Just like that ^^

Yoshichan

wait why should I eat crows for DmC? It still seems to suck dick...

V_Arnold

Yoshichan said:
wait why should I eat crows for DmC? It still seems to suck dick...

It is not. It is going to be an average-to-enjoyable western action game, nothing more, nothing less. Not a piece of shit that hyperbole haters want it to be.

Q8D3vil

everyone is angry because that game is called DMC.
even capcom are realizing that and saying some shit like "different dante".
its funny how it went from a remake to a different world.

Yoshichan

V_Arnold said:
It is not. It is going to be an average-to-enjoyable western action game, nothing more, nothing less. Not a piece of shit that hyperbole haters want it to be.
Then why call it DmC? Thats the problem we have with this mediocre turd that is "DmC".

Yoshichan

HolyCheck said:
Jinros stream musicis shit.
Around 0.2% of all Swedes has good taste in music so it doesn't bother me anymore.

Yoshichan

Jinro or his mods banning people for saying he shouldn't go all bio against toss :p

Yoshichan

ksan said:
I am the 0.2%

Hope they don't occupy me !!
I'm also part of those :D

Yoshichan

Zen said:
That's what the 99.8 always say, the only swedes with good taste in music don't even realize it; it's luck. :p
Fuck that, K-Pop, Lady Gaga and J-Rock 4LIFE! 0.2% baby!

ksan

Zen said:
That's what the 99.8 always say, the only swedes with good taste in music don't even realize it; it's luck. :p
Obviously I think that I have good taste in music, but it was more trying to make of a joke (I'm sure you noticed that though :p )

V_Arnold

Yoshichan said:
Fuck that, K-Pop, Lady Gaga and J-Rock 4LIFE! 0.2% baby!

WoW. And I actually agree with those choices.*

*But my musical world is so much more than just those. Shpongle, Infected Mushroom, Depeche Mode, Delerium, Buddha Bar, Cosmic Gate, Serj Tarkian, Gorillaz...I could go on for years. Years. But yeah, those are good choices :D

Yoshichan

Q8D3vil said:
i thought u were cool :(
And I thought you were cool! Then you started talking about the swarm and shit...

Haunted

HolyCheck said:
Jinros stream musicis shit.
Jinro, Huk and every Korean player I've ever watched streaming. Terrible.

Regardless of the music, I only watch streams where players extensively commentate their play anyway. <3 Trump

edit: also, this guy singlehandedly saves J-Rock from being terrible as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom