• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

V_Arnold

Devil, get better soon. I wish I could say I will play with you so you only need to play half the speed, but not really, I do not have neither the time nor the energy to practice SCII again :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ok help, I bought my new PSU and I think I've hooked it to everything... but my CPU fan isn't working. Does this mean

1) I didn't hook something up correctly
2) My PSU killed my CPU fan when it shut down

?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, it works now... what did I too? Well, I tried spinning the fan with my fingers and noticed that it couldn't even spin. Like, at all. So I looked what was inside it and a fucking rubberband was inside of it.

Everything works perfectly now... but the ultimate question remains: What the fuck was the rubberband doing in there?

V_Arnold

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, it works now... what did I too? Well, I tried spinning the fan with my fingers and noticed that it couldn't even spin. Like, at all. So I looked what was inside it and a fucking rubberband was inside of it.

Everything works perfectly now... but the ultimate question remains: What the fuck was the rubberband doing in there?

Aliens.

Yoshichan

Look for my sign tomorrow in Dreamhack!

Rubashov

The cables on a new power supply are sometimes bundled together with a rubber band. Maybe it fell off from the new one?

Going for a job interview today. It's a nice opportunity, but I'm conflicted. I can play games and watch SC2 streams all day at my current job. It's easy money, but it's also a dead end, no room for advancement in the near future. The new job would be a better career move, but definitely more work and stress. I could make 25% more money than what I am now, so it'd be a no-brainer if I get an offer. But damn I'll miss SC2 at work...

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Look for my sign tomorrow in Dreamhack!

STnx4.png

Yoshichan

Well Yoshi is certainly in it :) But it's mostly a Day9 and Tastosis-love-sign so nothing funny or original like last time :(

Yoshichan

Well I'm gonna grab a solid 4 hours of sleep before I start driving my ass to DH ._. See you on the streams!

NeoGAF
1 person in channel.

Did I miss the memo? There are more people in IRC than SC2. Damn holidays.

Someone play me 1v1!

Sorry my internet is playing up a bit for the last few days. Hopefully i catch you online and we can play some more games (this time i'll be using protoss so it won't be all ZvZ's lol).

Yoshichan

ugh... so tired.. im off to dh... cya on the streams guys.

Zzoram

Too bad MC isn't going to be at Dreamhack. I wonder why he opted out, probably thought he would still be in Code S this weekend or wanted to train more for the Up/Down to get back to Code S.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
On the bright side, BW is starting back up here soon with proleague.

On that laptop...I dunno. Hazard would be a good person to ask, my information on PC specs are a bit outdated atm.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
just going by whats on that site and your price range, i'd say add $10 and get this:
http://www.msy.com.au/product.jsp?productId=8264
-better cpu
-better gpu
-64 bit windows
-smaller

Hmm TY mr pandaman, smaller isn't a good thing though :p this is my only computer

my only question is, will either of them run skyrim? doesnt have to be on ultra settings, but just like mid would be fine.. just a rough gauge i guess for myself to understand where they stand spec wise

Tacitus_

Hmm TY mr pandaman, smaller isn't a good thing though :p this is my only computer

my only question is, will either of them run skyrim? doesnt have to be on ultra settings, but just like mid would be fine.. just a rough gauge i guess for myself to understand where they stand spec wise

I'm not sure how the mobile versions compare to desktop versions, but I'd say running Skyrim at High and 1920x1080 would be a pretty safe bet.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
smaller is better and im a laptop only person too. :p
15.5 is that perfect size where its just small enough to be easily squeezable into just about any tote bag. plus smaller screens are nicer for your battery.
plus lower resolution means better performance if the hardware is otherwise the same. besides the pixel density between the two would actually favour the 15.5 i think.

oh yeah easily.

im running skyrim on a x2 2.2 w/ 4650 laptop in the medium settings.

I dont know how the aus dollar is, but i stole this from the new pc/laptop thread:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834215197

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Ah yes, but it's more I'm not actually going to be taking the laptop anywhere really, I have a tablet for videos and stuff if i travel, it will be staying in one spot normally. i just dont have the room for a desktop PC

but yeah i think that smaller one looks better, it tells me 2gb ram! the others are 1! i assume 2 is better than 1 :D

I think I might wait til after xmas though to see what moneys i get before i just borrow a k off my mum

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
2gigs vram for dem textures.

my laptops only more than a foot away when im playing starcraft, so 15.5 is fine for me. 9 times out of ten its sitting on my chest in headbutting range lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom