• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Hmm I wonder, if there are two players, who happen to play zerg that happen to do the exact same thing...
there are two zergs that hatch first in every game of a series and get zealot+cannon rushed in every game and then complain their opponent only knows allins?

Zzoram

Yep massive misclick.

Not only does he cancel warpgate, but he wastes his forcefield energy on a guardian shield. Those two things = gg against speedlings.

Dooraven

there are two zergs that hatch first in every game of a series and get zealot+cannon rushed in every game and then complain their opponent only knows allins?

lol well than if that's your main point then I apologise. More talking about the BM aspect about it.

No, European players don't come to MLG because it's not worth it. Why spend hundreds of dollars to fly to the US and bomb out of a 250+ man tournament where you're basically guaranteed not to win any money. Or if you do manage to win some games and place high, you'll still find yourself ranked behind players who didn't win a game.

It makes more sense to attend an IPL qualifier or even join NASL, where you're at least guaranteed some money.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
No, European players don't come to MLG because it's not worth it. Why spend hundreds of dollars to fly to the US and bomb out of a 250+ man tournament where you're basically guaranteed not to win any money. Or if you do manage to win some games and place high, you'll still find yourself ranked behind players who didn't win a game.

It makes more sense to attend an IPL qualifier or even join NASL, where you're at least guaranteed some money.

Yep. Not worth paying 1000$+flight for a tournament which your top prize pool is normally like $5k and everything else is almost at lost.

Zzoram

Anyone here have a cherry MX brown switch mechanical keyboard they play with? I know it's totally unnecessary but I need Christmas gift ideas for myself.

If so, what model/vendor do you recommend?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
qTeyt.png

Zzoram

5 days without sc2 now T_T
at least my hands are getting better now.

Why did you stop playing? Busy? Injured?

Ok GAF, how do I boost my mechanics in general? Just play a ton and get naturally faster? Or is there something people do to speed up the process?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim

Ok GAF, how do I boost my mechanics in general? Just play a ton and get naturally faster? Or is there something people do to speed up the process?
Develop a routine you do constantly. Being aware of what you need to do comes first, then practice allows you to do what you want.

e.g. Queue scv, make depot, make units, check upgrade, check map, check money, check upgrades, repeat.

Zzoram

How often should I be looking at the minimap? How do some people seem to always notice anything that happens even for a second on the minimap?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
How often should I be looking at the minimap? How do some people seem to always notice anything that happens even for a second on the minimap?
Resources, supply, minimap, back to macro.

You should try to keep in mind that other colors on minimap are bad and eventually you will sort of know when to look for a push or drop timings that can be happening and notice them better.

Q8D3vil

my wrist was hurting me after playing a lot (because i was playing zerg so i played tons of games everyday) so i went to the doctor and he said to lay down playing any game that require a lot of wrist movement for a while :/

playing skyrim with a controller now :/
sad but true.

my wrist was hurting me after playing a lot (because i was playing zerg so i played tons of games everyday) so i went to the doctor and he said to lay down playing any game that require a lot of wrist movement for a while :/

playing skyrim with a controller now :/
sad but true.

Just go back to terran then you won't have to use your wrist as much.

Deadman

Anyone here have a cherry MX brown switch mechanical keyboard they play with? I know it's totally unnecessary but I need Christmas gift ideas for myself.

If so, what model/vendor do you recommend?

I have a filco majestouch with the cherry brown switches. Its really nice, would definitely recommend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom