• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
NASL is one of the things I care about the least in the world.

I dont think there is honestly anything they can do to fix it. Even fixing all the issues people have, I think people's opinion of the league is so soured. Only regular season games I watched were like Tyler and Hero and a bit on incontrol. But when I learned that some games were a month+ old and just getting aired...its so horrible.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I don't think player nor casters are to blame, bad admins and bad tournament organization is to blame.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Hwanni has passed the camerea 10 times per segment too! that bastard.

But he's clearly doing it because he's the teams tech expert and has to go and do everything on the other players computers because they are useless (seriously, some of them wouldn't know how to turn the game timer on or off if you asked them) and she's just doing it to chase around Incontrol's dog in a funny sweater.

V_Arnold

Wow JP just cut off the most interesting discussion in the show.

He really dislikes SC:BW because every time the discussion goes towards that, he cuts it off or does weird faces. I was not a BW fan at that time (or even an SC fan), but hell, the story was still amazing and followable... :(

Sliver

He really dislikes SC:BW because every time the discussion goes towards that, he cuts it off or does weird faces. I was not a BW fan at that time (or even an SC fan), but hell, the story was still amazing and followable... :(

Yeah. listening to the gang reminisce about times in BW is a lot of fun to listen to. Damn shame.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
And the video quality if you don't pay is AHHMYEYESWTFARRGHASFSAGTHJGH

Yea it is. Not gonna pay though.

So is this a Korean league? And can we hear the Korean commentators rather than the Americans, they sound much more hyped up in the background lol.

edit: WTF look at that set! It looks like command room of a Star Trek ship lol

edit2: WTF is this music video commercial shit?! Jeez, major culture shock for me right now hahahaha

Corran Horn

Yea it is. Not gonna pay though.

So is this a Korean league? And can we hear the Korean commentators rather than the Americans, they sound much more hyped up in the background lol.

edit: WTF look at that set! It looks like command room of a Star Trek ship lol

edit2: WTF is this music video commercial shit?! Jeez, major culture shock for me right now hahahaha

HWRC7.jpg

Corran Horn

Another...music...video?! I'm really disliking this shit already. God is this how so many people get to like KPop?

WTF chorus of this song is in perfect American English accent. :lol

The way they have the games atm they are forced to take breaks after each set so next players can get setup. So...KPOP!

Carriers are so powerful late game in PvP. I've just been crushing maxed protoss armies with them, my last game i even got a mothership lol.

I'll admit that i've usually been ahead when i do it but it's a great way to crush someone when you get an advantage.

Q8D3vil

my internet is back and my hand are feeling good so time for SC2 tonight.
fuck yeah
[/spoiler]i will lose my first 20 games :( [/spoiler]

we should play but the time difference will make impossible :;/

Yeah i know. Well i'll probably be on a fair bit tomorrow. It's midnight here so i can't really play now.

You're still using zerg right? I could use the practice i'm really struggling with PvZ much more than the other matchups (though PvT would be welcome too).

Q8D3vil

Yeah i know. Well i'll probably be on a fair bit tomorrow. It's midnight here so i can't really play now.

You're still using zerg right? I could use the practice i'm really struggling with PvZ much more than the other matchups (though PvT would be welcome too).

yup zerg although my zerg is mid platinum level.

yup zerg although my zerg is mid platinum level.

So is my PvZ :p. I honestly am struggling to decide how to play PvZ. It's weird at this level i think it's supposed to favour protoss somewhat but i struggle as protoss and dominate as zerg.

It's funny that after thrashing so many protoss with my muta play i now struggle to handle mutas (i'm getting better, getting pis storm instead of just archons is helping).

Holden

So is my PvZ :p. I honestly am struggling to decide how to play PvZ. It's weird at this level i think it's supposed to favour protoss somewhat but i struggle as protoss and dominate as zerg.

It's funny that after thrashing so many protoss with my muta play i now struggle to handle mutas (i'm getting better, getting pis storm instead of just archons is helping).

thing is most ppl in plat just go straight for mutas and have really little army and just spine up ( even in masters...) thats why when they do that i just go blink stalkers as fast as i can and just blink in their main, pretty much nothing they can do;; Thing is most in plat dont scout enough ( even i don't ), but what i dont understand is why zerg dont proxy the spire: is it that hard? its like proxing a darkshrine....

thing is most ppl in plat just go straight for mutas and have really little army and just spine up ( even in masters...) thats why when they do that i just go blink stalkers as fast as i can and just blink in their main, pretty much nothing they can do;; Thing is most in plat dont scout enough ( even i don't ), but what i dont understand is why zerg dont proxy the spire: is it that hard? its like proxing a darkshrine....

I'm in diamond not plat though. Also yeah i am trying to go more towards blink stalkers. I'm trying to add in more void rays late game as brood lords have been causing me some issues.

I think the issue though for me is the early game and being able to pressure the zerg without losing my army. I have been trying some different things but a lot of the time i either miss control or don't do enough damage. A lot of the time when i harass well i let my macro slip and stockpile minerals early in the game.

I think i just need to spend some more time practising, i might try and play with some gaffers as i haven't done that much as toss.

Holden

I'm in diamond not plat though. Also yeah i am trying to go more towards blink stalkers. I'm trying to add in more void rays late game as brood lords have been causing me some issues.

I think the issue though for me is the early game and being able to pressure the zerg without losing my army. I have been trying some different things but a lot of the time i either miss control or don't do enough damage. A lot of the time when i harass well i let my macro slip and stockpile minerals early in the game.

I think i just need to spend some more time practising, i might try and play with some gaffers as i haven't done that much as toss.

you sound exactly like me a few months ago

If NASL could figure out how to do at least some live games, it could be good. Obviously the production values would suffer, but that wouldn't stop 6-10k people watching a live Idra v HerO match for instance.

If I was in charge I'd decrease the length of the season and set up each broadcast in ticket fashion, like MMA or boxing. So say you start with two games that are replays (of decent age, like one week), and the third game is live. Say things start around 8PM EST, meaning the live game will probably occur around 10PM EST or so; viewers who tuned in early aren't going to leave, and the more cynical viewers like us would tune in later for the live match.

Then get two casters with GOOD QUALITY HEADSETS to cast the "top of the ticket" match live. In order to ensure no cheating takes place, have a team captain or respected community member observing alongside players live. It's unlikely Idra would stream cheat with Sir Scoots or InControl observing him, for instance. The production values wouldn't be amazing, but as I said that wouldn't hurt viewership. Destiny, Idra, Huk, etc regularly get huge stream numbers with no one casting or doing anything fancy.

The EU broadcasts could also do live, exclusive matches. So say the EU stream does the three games streamed the previous night on NA, plus their own live match of EU players. WhiteRa v Dimaga for instance, played in prime time (EU). I always see around 1-4k people watching the EU re-broadcast of NASL matches. Including a live EU match would only increase those viewers, considering 9PM in Stockholm or London is like 4PM or 5PM in the US EST right? Plus it might even be easier to monitor stream cheating in Europe considering how close players are to each other, the amount of casters in the area, etc.

nilbog21

Banned
He said Nick was being a dick to players between games and Huk called him out for it. Also insinuated Nick is known to have a temper but Artosis cut him off before he could finish

nick doesn't have a temper. he prob just said some stupid shit he shouldn't have and didn't know it would offend huk, who probably has a huge ego/is very sensitive [during matchtime]

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Draaamaaaaaaaa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom