• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sliver

I think the worst part about Tasteless and Artosis are the constant dick sucking they do to players (mostly MVP and Nestea). Hearing "He is SO GOOD!!" and "Yeah he's just a superhuman" over and over again in each cast gets on my nerves. We've seen that their not immortal, enough already.

fanboi

Banned
So I'm catching up with GSL and gotta say...Tasteless' relentless political rants/comments are quite unprofessional. I'm a liberal, I tend to agree with most things he says, but his comments are almost always out of bounds given the context of his job; no caster any any real sport - or commentator of any non-political event - does this.

Artosis politely chuckles and tries to change the subject while Tasteless continues on. Tasteless has never been a good commentator imo, and this just makes him worse.

You shut your dirty whore mouth.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I think the worst part about Tasteless and Artosis are the constant dick sucking they do to players (mostly MVP and Nestea). Hearing "He is SO GOOD!!" and "Yeah he's just a superhuman" over and over again in each cast gets on my nerves. We've seen that their not immortal, enough already.

On the flip side they're also pretty much the only guys who will say when a player is completly shit.

I miss them casting code A!

I agree with Silver. It's fun to a certain degree but gets old after awhile. Especially with the Nestea stuff. It's certainly time to have a serious discussion on whether Nestea's "reign" is over, given his pedestrian play recently. Yet it seems like we're never going to have that discussion, at least not unless JP brings it up on SOTG.

nilbog21

Banned
So I'm catching up with GSL and gotta say...Tasteless' relentless political rants/comments are quite unprofessional. I'm a liberal, I tend to agree with most things he says, but his comments are almost always out of bounds given the context of his job; no caster any any real sport - or commentator of any non-political event - does this.

Artosis politely chuckles and tries to change the subject while Tasteless continues on. Tasteless has never been a good commentator imo, and this just makes him worse.

what political rants does he go on? i havent watched gsl in ages

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Tasteless being carried by Artosis?

Please... just be quiet here and think for a minute.

what political rants does he go on? i havent watched gsl in ages

I'm watching the round of 4 matches and he's done a couple: one on European healthcare, another about Sarah Palin being dumb/hunting from helicopters. It's really annoying, and I'd imagine it would be worse for someone who is conservative or independent.

Q8D3vil

we had this discussion before and we agreed that tastosis is a godly combination because of the chemistry between them.

Artosis is magic, he can transform awful commentator into acceptable ones (husky for example).

i don't remember tastosis dick sucking mvp as much as they did with nestea and all of their shitty jokes.

also, in artosis mind nestea is still the best player in the world not mvp.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yeah, the chemistry between them is so good that even their fucking autograph is archon'D (Artosis does a line under his name and Tasteless uses the line for his "T")

It blew my mind to bits when I held it and realized it :lol

O786p.jpg

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I'm watching the round of 4 matches and he's done a couple: one on European healthcare, another about Sarah Palin being dumb/hunting from helicopters. It's really annoying, and I'd imagine it would be worse for someone who is conservative or independent.

The worse part is that he has said this same stuff like 10+ times now. We get it, your an ex-pat. Cool.

because people who like Sarah Palin don't deserve to be offended for their opinions and values they hold, no matter how misguided and dumb they may be.

You go, Tasteless!

fanboi

Banned
no he's right, tasteless is a pretty lackluster caster being carried by artosis.

Carried by artosis? I would say that they carry eachother since the have different set of skills and traits which in the end compliment eachother, which a casting duo should do.

fanboi

Banned
The worse part is that he has said this same stuff like 10+ times now. We get it, your an ex-pat. Cool.

I don't see the problem? He has a personality and do witty jokes on some political views. which only enhance the casting since they have to fill the program.

Should he talk about the weather? Or be quiete untill something happens?

Oh wow watching destiny teaching Ailuj on his stream is hilarious. Before he had to teach her that you can scroll with your mouse and not the arrow keys. Now he is getting her to put high templar on a seperate control group to her sentries. Apparently this is MLG standard. I guess there is a joke about protoss in there somewhere.....

Also listening to them talk is so fucking awkward.

Edit: She is in diamond, maybe i should go on and play :p.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Oh wow watching destiny teaching Ailuj on his stream is hilarious. Before he had to teach her that you can scroll with your mouse and not the arrow keys. Now he is getting her to put high templar on a seperate control group to her sentries. Apparently this is MLG standard. I guess there is a joke about protoss in there somewhere.....

Also listening to them talk is so fucking awkward.

Edit: She is in diamond, maybe i should go on and play :p.
na diamond.

Haunted

Haven't really watched GSL in a while, I admit it.

Other tournaments going on at the right timeframe and putting on bigger productions with better (more varied) casting are sapping my time. :)

I see nothing wrong with this...

Then again, I'm a dirty European liberal commie bastard. Complains are justified when he says something outrageous instead of talking truth/making jokes.

Mairu

I don't see the problem? He has a personality and do witty jokes on some political views. which only enhance the casting since they have to fill the program.

I don't get the issue either. He only mentioned healthcare yesterday because he was just in Sweden and got pink eye. It's not like it's the subject of every match. I don't really see why a couple jokes is such an issue.

HolyCheck

I don't get the issue either. He only mentioned healthcare yesterday because he was just in Sweden and got pink eye. It's not like it's the subject of every match. I don't really see why a couple jokes is such an issue.

He's done it once before, but that's ok.

Apollo does it too, I remember him saying some marines that didn't have medivacs were clearly American marines due to their non existant health care.

everyone outside of America should make those jokes.

Mairu

Apollo does it too, I remember him saying some marines that didn't have medivacs were clearly American marines due to their non existant health care.

I didn't say he didn't do it before, just that he brought it up yesterday due to his experience @ Dreamhack

HolyCheck

I didn't say he didn't do it before, just that he brought it up yesterday due to his experience @ Dreamhack

Oh I know! Yesterdays instance was perfectly acceptable is all I was saying.

I just got skyrim >_> I'm distracted and not posting thinking

Mairu

Oh I know! Yesterdays instance was perfectly acceptable is all I was saying.

I just got skyrim >_> I'm distracted and not posting thinking

I don't really give a shit either way, it's not like his entire shtick is Anti-American.

our healthcare sucks dick anyways

what I don't understand is why a liberal is trying to self-censor one of, err, us. I'd say the more people being exposed to that line of thinking, the better.

Corran Horn

You find them witty, I dont. Plenty of shit you can make fun of America about besides the same ole health care joke everyone says.

MrKnives

He has said the same joke two times now, at least while I've been watching but who cares. Tastosis repeat themselves quite often but that is the downside to casting pretty much every big tournament out there. They are still the best.
In terms of who is the better standalone caster I would say Artosis is ahead because the starcraft passion is practically oozing out of him. He can do both roles pretty well too.

Also in tournaments like MLG Artosis shines more just because there is like two good analytic casters, Day and Artosis so when Artosis is paired with Husky or JP it's a better combo than Tasteless and Husky/JP. Tasteless could be good with Day9 but I don't think they want to cast together. So everytime Tasteless is not paired with Artosis he is paired with another play by play caster.

V_Arnold

He has said the same joke two times now, at least while I've been watching but who cares. Tastosis repeat themselves quite often but that is the downside to casting pretty much every big tournament out there. They are still the best.
In terms of who is the better standalone caster I would say Artosis is ahead because the starcraft passion is practically oozing out of him. He can do both roles pretty well too.

Also in tournaments like MLG Artosis shines more just because there is like two good analytic casters, Day and Artosis so when Artosis is paired with Husky or JP it's a better combo than Tasteless and Husky/JP. Tasteless could be good with Day9 but I don't think they want to cast together. So everytime Tasteless is not paired with Artosis he is paired with another play by play caster.

Yeah, I find it pretty odd that Tasteless+Day9 never casts together (except for that horrible Day9+Tastosis TRICAST), have any of them ever gave a reason why? o_O Or they do not like each other? :D

Corran Horn

Yeah, I find it pretty odd that Tasteless+Day9 never casts together (except for that horrible Day9+Tastosis TRICAST), have any of them ever gave a reason why? o_O Or they do not like each other? :D

I think the only reason we have got so far is that they like to keep their "brands" separate. But that was from NASL admins so who knows.

V_Arnold

No, nooo, nooooo. They are praising players who have both won 3+ GSL-s (Nestea, MVP), and that is totally fine. They ARE near-superhuman in this game, and that clearly shows. Just because they sometimes CAN be beaten does not mean that they should not be praised. :p

They're casting Code A tonight I believe.

*turns GSL on*
*hears ODD, non Tastosis voices*
*disappointed*

Mairu

I think the only reason we have got so far is that they like to keep their "brands" separate. But that was from NASL admins so who knows.

The last time I heard a response about tasteless & day9 casting together is that they choose not to because they'd just keep trying to talk over each other

tastosis + day9 @ blizzcon '10 was pretty sweet though, too bad we'll never get that again

Haunted

Just think of all the inside jokes and childhood stories we're missing out on...

:(

Yoshichan

Oh, you guys...

Tasteless has said that he really doesn't like doing it because it feels so awkward to him and at some point they agreed to just not do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom