• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
zlatko said:
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x7/dusperzlatko/lolfatguy.png

I think that's like the 4th+ time in the SC2 threads a pic of a good looking girl gets posted and you're the first to jump in and say she's not good looking. It's cool if you're playing for the other team, but stop peeing in our pool man. :(
Lol. No one is up to their standards I guess. Not miss usa contestants nor others.

since tech-gaf seems to be afk, maybe sc2-gaf can help

I think my graphics card is dying. Was getting ready for GAF Night when I got vertical bars on the screen (while in the SC2 menu screen), everything froze, and Dizzy's voice started looping on Mumble. After a few tries I was able to get into safe mode. I'm getting notes about drivers, so I tried uninstalling and installing them to no avail. When I get home from work I'm going to unplug and re-plug the monitor, make sure things aren't loose, etc. I've dusted too. I have three big fans on the case, not including the cpu fan.

I'm guessing it's a driver issue though. Any other ideas? Also, any suggestions for a new card in case I have to buy one? I currently have a Radeon HD 3870. I've been looking at this card:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ..._&_Video_Devices-_-Spotlight-_-14-102-946

I don't need/want anything super expensive, just a card for SC2, WoW, TF2, stuff like that

MrKnives

I have to go to bed but I will try to search some good gpu's while at work tommorrow.
Sad to say but the last two times I've had vertical bars on my screen it was because of my dying GPU. Not saying it can't be anything else so keep trying but just warning you to prepare for that scenario.

Corran Horn

PhoenixDark said:
since tech-gaf seems to be afk, maybe sc2-gaf can help

I think my graphics card is dying. Was getting ready for GAF Night when I got vertical bars on the screen (while in the SC2 menu screen), everything froze, and Dizzy's voice started looping on Mumble. After a few tries I was able to get into safe mode. I'm getting notes about drivers, so I tried uninstalling and installing them to no avail. When I get home from work I'm going to unplug and re-plug the monitor, make sure things aren't loose, etc. I've dusted too. I have three big fans on the case, not including the cpu fan.

I'm guessing it's a driver issue though. Any other ideas? Also, any suggestions for a new card in case I have to buy one? I currently have a Radeon HD 3870. I've been looking at this card:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ..._&_Video_Devices-_-Spotlight-_-14-102-946

I don't need/want anything super expensive, just a card for SC2, WoW, TF2, stuff like that
Did you change your drivers recently? The biggest issues i find are something is loose, not getting cooled properly, power issues, or its just broken.

I have no idea on radeons. but i have a 460 gtx 1gb and it works fine. Probably can get those for like 150 nowadays.

zlatko said:
I think that's like the 4th+ time in the SC2 threads a pic of a good looking girl gets posted and you're the first to jump in and say she's not good looking. It's cool if you're playing for the other team, but stop peeing in our pool man. :(

Rachel and Lindsey are super hot.
Katy and Prosser? not so much -- their shitty personalities don't help either.

I am sorry I have standards, and I am no fat ugly nerd either.

Corran Horn said:
Did you change your drivers recently? The biggest issues i find are something is loose, not getting cooled properly, power issues, or its just broken.

I have no idea on radeons. but i have a 460 gtx 1gb and it works fine. Probably can get those for like 150 nowadays.

Last month I had a similar crash while playing SC2, but when I restarted the lines were gone. I tried to launch SC2 and got the "you need to update drivers" message, so I did. Everything worked fine until yesterday.

mescalineeyes said:

Standards? You're not dating the girl.

People are just saying they'd do her, or she's hot. Doesn't mean they love her.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Horsemama1956 said:
How do you know :mad:?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
My biggest complaints about Spotify would be songs being blocked in certain countries (can't listen to the final track on the new Explosions In The Sky album for example) and if you check an artists page it also has a bunch of albums they appeared on, so if you listen to one band you end up with something totally different playing.

Horsemama1956 said:

People are just saying they'd do her, or she's hot. Doesn't mean they love her.
I might have expressed myself in a wrong fashion. I'll just say they're not my type.

IdrA's gf still seems like a bit douchey.

TheBez

After that "one Year Later" thread on Neogaf I figured now is as good a time as any to try the game and maybe pick it up. Does anyone have a 7 hour trial I can use to try it out?
Read: Suck Horribly :)

Mairu

Deadman said:
They dont mess around, straight in to the game. Awesome.
What else would they be doing when they've had the games played for a month :p

I don't really care for the steampunk aesthetic

Corran Horn

This design is iffy. I prefered their older Street fighter type. and the bar that says their names and score in the middle of the game is toooooo large.

mescalineeyes said:
I might have expressed myself in a wrong fashion.

The SC2 community should just calm down a little with the caster-bashing & personality-hating... it's all so tiring. Be glad the game is doing so well! Luckily there are people who--instead of posting one-liners on message boards starting with 'I hate...'--make epic trailers such as 'One Year In', organize tourneys, or make the scene vibrant in other ways.

Mairu

Corran Horn said:
This design is iffy. I prefered their older Street fighter type. and the bar that says their names and score in the middle of the game is toooooo large.
I don't like it. Feels like IPL sponsored by Bioshock or something

It sucks that the way they hide the results... results in us not being able to see both players' food count at the same time

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
TASTOSIS!

uFnuj.gif

TheBez said:
After that "one Year Later" thread on Neogaf I figured now is as good a time as any to try the game and maybe pick it up. Does anyone have a 7 hour trial I can use to try it out?
Read: Suck Horribly :)

If you didn't get one already, I have one that I can give you.

BigAT

I feel like they've taken a step backwards with presentation. I prefer the graphics and such from the first season.

It's nice that they are casting together from the same room. It's much better and has a natural flow to the conversation rather than doing it over skype.

Corran Horn said:
what is this? pandora or something?

It is like Grooveshark.com, competing services and whatnot. Spotify is huge in Europe, and finally made it's way here. Unlike grooveshark, which is in browser only, Spotify has a client you can d/l and install, which then can sync up to your mobile app, and you can import playlists from last.fm and iTunes and such. I have yet to explore it much since it just came out today, but I have it, and am excited.

Mairu said:
http://open.spotify.com/user/smairu/playlist/40c9sCbTpQilbr15XP0Jmh

I got an invitation to spotify and wasn't sure what to do with it so I made a playlist out of the GSL July songs (+ Roar)

Maybe later I'll go through and add the rest of the GSL songs, or you can! It's collaborative!

Grabbing this now!

mcrae

mescalineeyes said:

ok, you call them by first names only, which speaks of familiarity and earns you 1 nerd point

i have no idea who rachel and lindsey are, that earns you 2 nerd points

i only know who prosser is cause she was talked about 3 pages ago. ill give you a pass

im assuming katy is idras gf since shes ugly.. .5 nerd points

BUT you think katy and prosser have shitty personalities, aka you pay tons of attention to them.. 3 nerd points

with 6.5 nerd points out of my arbitrary scale of 5, you are officially a nerd, mescaline. sorry to break it to ya bud.

post a picture to prove how sexy and toned you are though...

zlatko

Banned
mescalineeyes said:
I might have expressed myself in a wrong fashion. I'll just say they're not my type.

IdrA's gf still seems like a bit douchey.

From the limited times(2 times?) I've seen like a 10 second blurb from Idra's g/f she doesn't say much to come off douchey. Post a link to what made you come to this conclusion.

All I know is I'd let her touch my penis. I'd possibly hang out with her after that to see if I would want it to go past just penising her. Same goes for the other ladies. The only chica that can't even LOOK at my dong is Kelly Milkies...

WedgeX

Banned
Marine tank is OP, confirmed. Beat a thor BC late game push muahahahaha.

It was my third straight TvT on Shattered Temple.

Aylinato

No internet at my house. The ISP's box that contains everything got crushed by a 100 year old oak. I go insane now. Need...web...my probes, need more vespene gas.

MrKnives

BigAT said:
I feel like they've taken a step backwards with presentation. I prefer the graphics and such from the first season.

First season was done by the Wellplayed crew. Second season is done by IGN's crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom