• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

V_Arnold

In ZVZ, Mutalisks are a good stepping stone for you to:
1) Get your third faster than opponent
2) Get total and utter map control
3) Force either infestors, or infestor fungals, or spore crawlers, a LOT
4) You can hunt down at least 4-5 overlords in EVERY GAME. Really.

Now, my failure with them is that sometimes I forget that they are transitionary only, and fall behind on ground units, then he comes in with 30-40 roaches. THAT is bad. I should prepare for that with my own roaches/fungals, and stop making mutas after 6-8.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So I finally decided to do some laddering (once in quite a while now) and this is probably my 6th Master I've beaten in a row... does this mean I'm pretty much guaranteed promotion when season 3 starts?

Haunted

Yoshichan said:
So I finally decided to do some laddering (once in quite a while now) and this is probably my 6th Master I've beaten in a row... does this mean I'm pretty much guaranteed promotion when season 3 starts?
Probably just Master players who get matched with Gold/Plat players and will get demoted as soon as the ladders are unlocked.

NeoGAF Night
lOAXv.png

The Weekly NeoGAF Starcraft II Nights
-Wednesdays starting @ 6pm PDT (9pm EST)
-Game types:
<1v1>
<1v1 obs>
<1v1 coaching>
<2v2>
<3v3>
<4v4>
<FFA>
<Custom Maps>
<Nuclear Arcade>
<Star Battle>
<City of Tempest>
<Mafia>
<MineralZ>
<Megaton Team Monobattles>
<MorroW's Micro Tournament>

Mumble + Stream
-Corran's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/corran666
-Hazard's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/vggaming
-Vaultrin's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/vaultrin21

MUMBLE INFORMATION:
Main server: IP = chi.eoreality.net and port = 64739
Backup server: IP = 67.23.187.114 and port = 20198
Download Here: http://mumble.sourceforge.net/

Where we all laugh at Holden play Panda, participate in Mirco tournaments where the one who doesn't pick random wins, where Karaks get. it. on. and where we discuss ponies at great length. Come one, come all, furries included, to the 32nd GAF Night!
we are not responsible for a ban because of the following: sex, drugs, or rock and roll.

jasonng

Awesome Animals said:
Where we all laugh at Holden play Panda, participate in Mirco tournaments where the one who doesn't pick random wins, where Karaks get. it. on. and where we discuss ponies at great length. Come one, come all, furries included, to the 32nd GAF Night!
we are not responsible for a ban because of the following: sex, drugs, or rock and roll.
Whelp. That's it. Good night everybody.
jerry-seinfeld-done.gif

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Haunted said:
Probably just Master players who get matched with Gold/Plat players and will get demoted as soon as the ladders are unlocked.
yep, they want to be masters again in season 3 but havent been playing and are slowly sinking through the ladder

jasonng said:
Who am I kidding? I can't quit you, love.

<3

Seriously though, that was one of my better executed opening, usually when I'm being obs I screw up big time. I only messed up the wall off, and that was because I was unfamiliar with the map.

Also, I'm upset that Wedge didn't add me on Google+, and all of you for that matter!

WedgeX

Banned
Awesome Animals said:
<3

Seriously though, that was one of my better executed opening, usually when I'm being obs I screw up big time. I only messed up the wall off, and that was because I was unfamiliar with the map.

Also, I'm upset that Wedge didn't add me on Google+, and all of you for that matter!

Well PM me your name, mang.

Q8D3vil

Yoshichan said:
you will probably get promoted to masters in season 3 if u kept beating masters.

jasonng

Alright Gaf, time to start recommending me some mic since I need a new one apparently. I already wear cans while I'm playing so a stand alone mic is probably what I need. Keep in mind, I'm not Yoshichan. I'm not planning on spending 200 bucks on one item.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Myself I just use a 10-20 dollar usb desk mic from logitech. I dunno how good the quality is since I dont hear myself talk...but I dont static up the place like you!

BigAT

zlatko said:
I don't feel so bad knowing I'm still in Gold since Brad is STILL in platinum for 1v1. Maybe season 3 he can get diamond and I can reach platinum. :O
He was actually in Diamond to start out, then he got demoted when he had less time to devote to the game and was playing less.

Holden

hamchan said:
Idra needs to practice more. It feels like he's fallen off the map lately.

top 4 mlg
top 8 homestory cup
top 16 dreamhack (lost to mc)
and arguably the best NA+Europe zerg

don't relly think he's playing "bad"

his path in dreamhack is was a lot harder then other players

edit : but ya, i watch his game vs goody, and he was relly unlucky he was missing 5-10 sec on neural parasite and he would of neuraled all his thors and just win (i think)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Woke up... and I want to keep on laddering hard ._. After work, I guess...

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Hugoboss21 said:
and arguably the best NA+Europe zerg
Yes he is better than ret....haypro...umm...morrow...?

He isnt this bad player that people make Idra seem to be. But he isnt shaping up to be this zerg god everyone hoped he would be in the international market.

Holden

Corran Horn said:
Yes he is better than ret....haypro...umm...morrow...?

He isnt this bad player that people make Idra seem to be. But he isnt shaping up to be this zerg god everyone hoped he would be in the international market.

ya, he keeps losing because he doesn't think that he can win a ZvP

cdyhybrid

Yoshichan said:
Woke up... and I want to keep on laddering hard ._. After work, I guess...

Feeling the opposite here. Even though I have a massive bonus pool to use up, I just wanna play LoL T.T It's the damn exp bars, they get me everytime! I couldn't stop playing MW2 until I hit 10th Prestige :(

I think Idra is contempt at being the #1 guy in NA and he doesn't care that people outside have passed him due to his lack of practice.

Too bad that most of the NA pros suck anyway so he's kinda ok and will go unchallenged for a while.

MrKnives

TheThunder said:
I think Idra is contempt at being the #1 guy in NA and he doesn't care that people outside have passed him due to his lack of practice.

Too bad that most of the NA pros suck anyway so he's kinda ok and will go unchallenged for a while.

I like IdrA, a lot. He is a good player and has the right mentality. That said I was really surprised he said in ITG that he only practices 3h and even more when he said he feels it's enough.
Clearly koreans practice more and even some EU/NA players are slowly surpassing him so I just hope he gets off his high horse "my mechanics are unchallenged" and starts practicing.
It's great how he doesn't care what haters say when he loses, I just wish he wouldn't give them so much ammo :eek:

MrKnives said:
I like IdrA, a lot. He is a good player and has the right mentality. That said I was really surprised he said in ITG that he only practices 3h and even more when he said he feels it's enough.
Clearly koreans practice more and even some EU/NA players are slowly surpassing him so I just hope he gets off his high horse "my mechanics are unchallenged" and starts practicing.
It's great how he doesn't care what haters say when he loses, I just wish he wouldn't give them so much ammo :eek:
You can call Idra anything but having the "right mentality" is not one of them

Tntnnbltn said:
Thx, just woke up and English is not my first language :p

Deadman said:
Goody beat nestea in the tsl, its not like hes a terrible scrub.
It's hard to win when you play with 400ms

Edit: but Goody is really good, so it shouldn't be a surprise that he beat Idra, the guy doesn't get the credit he deserves.

Q8D3vil

the funny thing about goody that everyone know he will go mech every game, yet he still wins. his macro is his biggest weakness but its becoming better with time.

MrKnives

Most surprising to me is that everygame Goody has like 5 tanks queued in each factory and yet he still refuses to build more factories. I don't know if it's admirable or stupid.

V_Arnold

I just love that every week Devil worships someone else in the mediocre-terran league, and he always claims HE is the real deal, OFC BETTER than Idra :)

Yeah, cant wait for next week's contender :D

I haven't seen too much of goody but does he go mech against protoss? If so how does he get it to work? In general i just don't really like mech against protoss.

MrKnives

AdventureRacing said:
I haven't seen too much of goody but does he go mech against protoss? If so how does he get it to work? In general i just don't really like mech against protoss.

goodycheer.jpg

Tanks, tanks everywhere.
Watch some of his replays if you want. He turtles like a motherfucker.

Q8D3vil

V_Arnold said:
I just love that every week Devil worships someone else in the mediocre-terran league, and he always claims HE is the real deal, OFC BETTER than Idra :)

Yeah, cant wait for next week's contender :D
lol, you didn't get it at all.
i'm just trolling you anyway :D
apparently 20 tanks can kill any protoss army lol.

Zzoram

Goody tries to make mech work against Protoss, and it kinda does. Once you hit a critical mass of Tank/Marine/Hellion with a few Ghosts for EMP, it's actually quite a formidable army. The problem is turtling hard enough to achieve that army composition.

Goody plays mech like a Broodwar Terran, very turtly with a bit of harass.

The most dangerous thing for a Mech TvP is either a 4gate or Void Rays.

IdrA's biggest opponent is himself it seems. I know that after Homestory Cup he took a break and hung out with Ret for a bit (wherever Ret wins, Netherlands?). I think this is a good thing, because it will help his mentality, maybe relieve some stress and pressure he has from being IdrA in the community. Hopefully he is preparing for MLG Anaheim a bit now, and will be ready. I'm sure at some point he will see something that gives him incentive to start practicing more, but maybe he is content with the money he makes from streaming and his EG salary, and being the best isn't that important, especially now that he has a lady; that he has sex with.
That's not a bannable statement is it?

Also, as most of you witnessed the TvZ I played last night, any suggestions on what I can do to in the early/mid game in that situation. You told me that I could have won early, but I didn't know this. What are clues or things I can look for to realize this. Were the Spine Crawlers he threw down a signal that I should have kept pusing?

Edit; I can post the replay when I get home, but it is going to be at like 11:00 p.m. EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom