• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

How did I miss that picture with Artosis looking at the NASL screen? It's pretty good.

utJsV.jpg

rFH5C.jpg

ri6ED.jpg

I generally enjoy iNcontroL, but he was really off base in that interview, and it shows why he is better off just playing rather than trying to be a SCII personality. He really is a fucking moron. Maybe EG should hire a publicist to shut Geoff Robinson the fuck up. He consistently contradicted himself, and then went after a passionate member of the SCII community, wth?

$100 bet that iNcontroL comes out and says his comment about TotalBiscuit was taken out of context. He wasn't implying that he doesn't appreciate what TB does for eSports, but was using him as an example for a type of person entering SCII doing it 'just for the money".

BTW, what is the story behind him and Prosser? The couple continually confuses me, the only idea I have is that they met at a Christian Summer Camp together.

I don't particularly care that Sporrer was there, but that people made a huge deal about it.

Garryk

Slowly making my way through the campaign while playing lots of 2v2s and 3v3s with some buddies. I've gotten to the point in the game where all the missions have become increasingly frustrating. The story is alright, but it seems like every mission is a race against the clock.

There is no time to enjoy the story moments in the mission because a wall of fire is closing in on you or Kerrigan is about to steal the dataz. I don't know how I would have beat the Moebius mission with Kerrigan if I hadn't researched Hercules dropships. The zerg spitters kept destroying my medivacs on the way to the last data center.

Q8D3vil

Garryk said:
Slowly making my way through the campaign while playing lots of 2v2s and 3v3s with some buddies. I've gotten to the point in the game where all the missions have become increasingly frustrating. The story is alright, but it seems like every mission is a race against the clock.

There is no time to enjoy the story moments in the mission because a wall of fire is closing in on you or Kerrigan is about to steal the dataz. I don't know how I would have beat the Moebius mission with Kerrigan if I hadn't researched Hercules dropships. The zerg spitters kept destroying my medivacs on the way to the last data center.
sp imo is garbage because of the clock missions ( normal speed ftl).
protoss missions are pretty amazing though.

Aylinato

2nd day without Internet while having power. At least when I was younger it was dial up. My probes must be dead now. I need..probes, mafia...ahhhh....Internet come back! I need to team game...ahh sc2 I miss you. Your map editor isn't the same!

Narag

Garryk said:

Attack-move MMM trivializes most everything in campaign. Use that and kick back!

MrKnives

Pretty cool. fOrGG is playing SC2. I wonder how long it will take him to get to GSL Code A. About time korea had another good terran in their ranks.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
*incontrol takes shot at totalbiscuit*
*next day totalbiscuit announces new shoutcraft tourney out of pocket where every player gets paid*
lol incontrol.

MrKnives

Pandaman said:
*next day totalbiscuit announces new shoutcraft tourney out of pocket where every player gets paid*
lol incontrol.

heh lolled to that too. Good timing

Trickster

Corran Horn said:
Then the koreans came. DUN DUN DUNNNNNN

Kinda irrelevant to the argument though. But you're right indeed, and that meant that every foreigner got shat on performance wise, not just incontrol. So lets hate on all foreigners?

mescalineeyes said:
well by that logic, inca was the 2nd best protoss in GSL season 5.

By what logic exactly? I just provided an example of incontrol placing "relatively high" in a tournament in response to panda's post.

Pandaman said:
by going 4:3. the wonders of seeding into a pool.

Again, I just provided an example of incontrol placing "relatively high".

Corran Horn said:
Cheesing some too, like 4 gate with hidden pylon against tlo.

This is a terrible point and you know it lol. Another case of "cheesing only allowed if the player is popular" eh?

Please don't take this as me being an incontrol fan, I'm not, not anymore at least.

Mairu

PhoenixDark said:
Ha, not long ago most people shat on TB regularly. InControl's impact on nerds is now indisputable!
I still don't like TotalBiscuit but that interview is retarded. Talking about the genius of hiring a model than deriding TB for switching games is fucking stupid. His defense of the comments on TL is equally stupid. "HE'S NOT 100% SELFLESS!!!" Yeah, and you coach for free and don't run commercials on your stream.

f0rk

Now he sarcastically plays the 'we all make mistakes' line on twitter... again. Surely there comes a point where you've made so many mistakes you realise actually you're a complete idiot.

Jeff-DSA

Just got back from a week long vacation. Caught up on NASL and despite all the bumps along the way, that final was incredible.

I'm not sure how I feel about iNcontrol. He's pretty prideful, but I think he's trying to be good for eSports and he tries to be good to his fans and followers. It's like he's selectively humble.

As for TotalBiscuit, I like what he does. I don't actively follow him, but he makes the game fun for certain segments of the audience that don't care about the deep intricacies of the game. I don't think he's ever set out to offend anybody either.

So did they nerf Brood Lords yet?

Mairu said:
I still don't like TotalBiscuit but that interview is retarded. Talking about the genius of hiring a model than deriding TB for switching games is fucking stupid. His defense of the comments on TL is equally stupid. "HE'S NOT 100% SELFLESS!!!" Yeah, and you coach for free and don't run commercials on your stream.

Agreed; I've never denied InControl is an asshole. At times it seems as if he's actively trolling with some of his comments, especially on Lindsy (who I have no problem with). Obviously InControl's gf is a model as well so he couldn't be too harsh, but the comments are quite puzzling. Lindsy was easily one of the best things about NASL, and hiring an attractive women to interview people is nothing new for gaming/tech events. Some people's response to her have been pretty pathetic thus far. But hiring her is far from a genius chess move - it's a standard decision.

Q8D3vil

Jeff-DSA said:
Just got back from a week long vacation. Caught up on NASL and despite all the bumps along the way, that final was incredible.

I'm not sure how I feel about iNcontrol. He's pretty prideful, but I think he's trying to be good for eSports and he tries to be good to his fans and followers. It's like he's selectively humble.

As for TotalBiscuit, I like what he does. I don't actively follow him, but he makes the game fun for certain segments of the audience that don't care about the deep intricacies of the game. I don't think he's ever set out to offend anybody either.

So did they nerf Brood Lords yet?
why would they nerf broodlords ?
or did you mean the infestor broodlord combo ?

hamchan

Pandaman said:
lol incontrol.

LOL. That's awesome.

Incontrol sucks big time for randomly attacking TotalBiscuit. TB gives many positive contributions to the SC2 community. He's also good for gaming in general, continuously giving attention to indie games in his "WTF is" series is admirable.

Even though I don't really like TB's SC2 solo casting (love him when he's paired with an analysis caster though), I like the man himself.

I used to be a fan of Incontrol too when he was just the funny man on SOTG. Nowadays... :-/

Jeff-DSA

Awesome Animals said:
Broodlords need to be nerfed. They take out Marines and Siege Tanks too quickly ><

They need to make it so units can walk through Broodlings. It's downright ridiculous that a single Brood Lord can keep a Thor pinned down because it can't walk through the Broodlings. They should increase the move speed of Broodlings to offset the effect of units walking through them though. It would at least allow for a group of Marines or Thors to engage Brood Lords, because right now there's only two Terran units that can even attack them (Ghosts and Vikings).

clav

MrKnives said:
I agree. Nothing should come between marines and their ability to destroy zerg.
That's bogus.

Zergs already have it difficult for tank marine as it's the Terran player's fault if the Zerg gets to tech to Broodlords.

Besides, Vikings seem to hard counter every end-game unit.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
back from work... time to ladder... or is it?

mcrae

Jeff-DSA said:
They need to make it so units can walk through Broodlings. It's downright ridiculous that a single Brood Lord can keep a Thor pinned down because it can't walk through the Broodlings. They should increase the move speed of Broodlings to offset the effect of units walking through them though. It would at least allow for a group of Marines or Thors to engage Brood Lords, because right now there's only two Terran units that can even attack them (Ghosts and Vikings).

that would make broodlords worthless

zoukka

lol guys, Broods would be carrier level with any nerfs to them. Even now they rely completely on the OP infestor (which will get nerfed soon).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Pankaks said:
It's always laddering time.
Yeah... but first, daily time!

V_Arnold

Jeff-DSA said:

Brood lords are not meant to be engaged directly.
Just like Tanks.

clav

Hugoboss21 said:
then i guess they get back their 70 dmg ;(
Not talking about damage here.

Didn't tanks in Starcraft 1 fire the first thing that moves where as in Starcraft 2, the AI got smarter so that no one tank fires the same unit?

jasonng

867-5309 said:
So you are about to prove that you are actually a SC2 savant.

or this will be you in a few days.

sTDaO.gif
Keikaku: "So... so many t-ttanks. He forced so many th-thors up my ramp. Then he did it in-game. Pluh-please make the nightmares go away."

Holden

claviertekky said:
Not talking about damage here.

Didn't tanks in Starcraft 1 fire the first thing that moves where as in Starcraft 2, the AI got smarter so that no one tank fires the same unit?

all the units that have an instantly animation dammage, wont over kill a unit ( marines, tanks, immortals(?), all melee ). Tanks used to overkill units in BW ( i dunno about marines). But ya, thats why in ZvZ ppl add zergling so that roaches can over kill them so that you can have a free shot. And thats why marines are so good vs hydras since the hydras will overkill the marines and the marines wont.

they was a video where somebody changed that so hydra's have an instantly atk animation, and they oblilerate marines. Can't find it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom