• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultron87

Awesome Animals said:
Also, as most of you witnessed the TvZ I played last night, any suggestions on what I can do to in the early/mid game in that situation. You told me that I could have won early, but I didn't know this. What are clues or things I can look for to realize this. Were the Spine Crawlers he threw down a signal that I should have kept pusing?

Edit; I can post the replay when I get home, but it is going to be at like 11:00 p.m. EST

Well you should've at least kept pushing until the spines finished. You definitely could have killed both of them.

mcrae

Awesome Animals said:
IdrA's biggest opponent is himself it seems. I know that after Homestory Cup he took a break and hung out with Ret for a bit (wherever Ret wins, Netherlands?). I think this is a good thing, because it will help his mentality, maybe relieve some stress and pressure he has from being IdrA in the community. Hopefully he is preparing for MLG Anaheim a bit now, and will be ready. I'm sure at some point he will see something that gives him incentive to start practicing more, but maybe he is content with the money he makes from streaming and his EG salary, and being the best isn't that important, especially now that he has a lady; that he has sex with.
That's not a bannable statement is it?

Also, as most of you witnessed the TvZ I played last night, any suggestions on what I can do to in the early/mid game in that situation. You told me that I could have won early, but I didn't know this. What are clues or things I can look for to realize this. Were the Spine Crawlers he threw down a signal that I should have kept pusing?

Edit; I can post the replay when I get home, but it is going to be at like 11:00 p.m. EST

with the spines, you could have moved tanks up further to take them out. or even sniped them with marines/marauders, since they werent yet completed.

later on 4 broodlings destroy a ton of marines, you let them get picked off one by one and then tanks would friendly fire them, so just be sure to watch your army more

Q8D3vil

Zzoram said:
Goody tries to make mech work against Protoss, and it kinda does. Once you hit a critical mass of Tank/Marine/Hellion with a few Ghosts for EMP, it's actually quite a formidable army. The problem is turtling hard enough to achieve that army composition.

Goody plays mech like a Broodwar Terran, very turtly with a bit of harass.

The most dangerous thing for a Mech TvP is either a 4gate or Void Rays.
u meant viking right ?

Keikaku

Awesome Animals said:
IdrA's biggest opponent is himself it seems. I know that after Homestory Cup he took a break and hung out with Ret for a bit (wherever Ret wins, Netherlands?). I think this is a good thing, because it will help his mentality, maybe relieve some stress and pressure he has from being IdrA in the community. Hopefully he is preparing for MLG Anaheim a bit now, and will be ready. I'm sure at some point he will see something that gives him incentive to start practicing more, but maybe he is content with the money he makes from streaming and his EG salary, and being the best isn't that important, especially now that he has a lady; that he has sex with.
That's not a bannable statement is it?

When you have Seige Tanks, Spine Crawlers are a free win. The Spines will have to relocate due to your STs, so you may as well take them out. Other than that, you just didn't scout enough. At any time, you could have:
  • Stimmed one Marine into the Zerg front just to check army composition
  • Scanned

You did neither of those often enough to win. It's hard to do and it's something I have trouble with too, but try to scout more often that way you'll have a better idea of what you're dealing with.

MrKnives

I really do wonder how much IdrA's new GF is affecting his play. Like it was said already, maybe he just doesn't have the passion to win anymore. He is getting ok money, doing ok in tournaments and doing small other stuff.
Never, ever I heard IdrA having a gf even in bw so when you suddenly land on this

katy-torg.jpg

It does change you and your goals.
But like I said I really do like IdrA and I'm pretty sure he is much happier with her than without her so all the luck to them. I just hope this doesn't mean the end for him.
Tyler and FD is already dissappointing me so I don't need another one.

Can't wait for MLG Anaheim. I want to see how he will do. Is it too much to hope that Tyler would make it from the open brackets?

Deadman

Didnt they first start talking when he was in korea? Would mean he came back and went through his winning streak whilst they were together.

Keikaku

I just signed up for another non-GAF tourney. This one is not limited to Gold/Platinum players, so I fully expect to get destroyed in my first game-my macro/decision making is not good enough to give me any confidence yet.

That said, I learned a lot from the tourney games I played last week so I'm still looking forward to it.

This is the tourney: http://stagaming.com/tournaments.php?tourney

V_Arnold

mescalineeyes said:
yeah, he's not gonna do any better than that.

that being said, she seems like a full-on retard.

Lol, let us not act like she is not at least a 8/10 or 9/10 on the looks department.

jasonng

Guys guys, did you know that we can watch youtube links together on google+ hangout? We can watch My Little Pony episodes sc2 matches together! If they implement stream watching, we're golden!

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
jasonng said:
Guys guys, did you know that we can watch youtube links together on google+ hangout? We can watch My Little Pony episodes sc2 matches together! If they implement stream watching, we're golden!
you guys can watch my YouTube channel!

idra was / is in Canada to see his gf a few days ago. I hope she made some pancakes ...

Tntnnbltn

Awesome Animals said:
eh...I'm happy just staying in the circles I'm in at NeoGAF.
Is that cause you enjoy this circle so much, is because Google
and PETA
kicked up a storm about your other circles?

V_Arnold said:
Lol, let us not act like she is not at least a 8/10 or 9/10 on the looks department.

I'd give her a 7 or 8. And it is worth noting that isn't a bad thing.

And we def need to watch some MLP SCII together!

Tntnnbltn said:
Is that cause you enjoy this circle so much, is because Google and PETA kicked up a storm about your other circles?

lol, no! ><

Did PETA really have a reaction to furry culture?

Oy! I forgot to thank those of you who responded to my questions! Thank you Keikaku, Ultron87, and mcrae! It is a tad frustrating to know I could have won had I been just slightly more aggressive. haha, over it.

Q8D3vil said:
i need a google+ invite

PM me with your email. That goes for anyone else as well, I'm more than happy to share!

MrKnives

Maybe I should start using them and see what's the fuss all about. Do people go straight infestors or something more standard at first?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
cdyhybrid said:
Feeling the opposite here. Even though I have a massive bonus pool to use up, I just wanna play LoL T.T It's the damn exp bars, they get me everytime! I couldn't stop playing MW2 until I hit 10th Prestige :(
Gotta step that shit up, bro!

clav

Is Blizzard going to default MLG rules for Metalopolis any time soon?

There's some ridiculous one base cheese all-ins that happen on close spawns.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oh and Idra gf is not hot. Period.

jasonng

MrKnives said:
Maybe I should start using them and see what's the fuss all about. Do people go straight infestors or something more standard at first?
I make infestors before I get my first queen.

MrKnives

Yoshichan said:
Oh and Idra gf is not hot. Period.

Really? I mean she isn't the hottest woman I have seen, I even know some a lot more hotter but she doesn't do anything for you?
Disregarding her attitudes and all of that, she isn't hot at all? Come on :f

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
claviertekky said:
Is Blizzard going to default MLG rules for Metalopolis any time soon?

There's some ridiculous one base cheese all-ins that happen on close spawns.
restricted spawns is too confusing for the newbs apparently.
i guess nobody told david kim about shakuras

Yoshichan

MrKnives said:
but she doesn't do anything for you?
Nothing at all ._. Different taste I guess...

MrKnives

Pandaman said:
restricted spawns is too confusing for the newbs apparently.
i guess nobody told david kim about shakuras

David Kim on close spots in season 2. So maybe, just maybe something good will happen!

http://i.imgur.com/V61ea.jpg

Yoshichan said:
Nothing at all ._. Different taste I guess...

Don't get me wrong. Just seeing her actually live (stream, interviews) she isn't really my type either. She is still pretty. But if she isn't for you, can't be helped.

Maybe we should leave her alone before IdrA joins GAF to bm us.

Yoshichan

MrKnives said:
David Kim on close spots in season 2. So maybe, just maybe something good will happen!

Would not be surprised if they changed close spawns...

I mean, if they've nerfed terran continuously, why stop there? Proceed, David Kim!

Spl1nter

MrKnives said:
Really? I mean she isn't the hottest woman I have seen, I even know some a lot more hotter but she doesn't do anything for you?
Disregarding her attitudes and all of that, she isn't hot at all? Come on :f

You didnt know yoshichan was asexual?

MrKnives

Yoshichan said:
Would not be surprised if they changed close spawns...

I mean, if they've nerfed terran continuously, why stop there? Proceed, David Kim!

That's a silly thing to say though. If there is something wrong with terran they should change that. Not give them stupid silly cheesy wins because they can build bunkers and pull svc's.
I would prefer that all three races can fight on equal terms. Not that one races rules the early game and other race the lategame. (not necesseraly saying it's so)

Yoshichan

MrKnives said:
That's a silly thing to say though. If there is something wrong with terran they should change that. Not give them stupid silly cheesy wins because they can build bunkers and pull svc's.
I would prefer that all three races can fight on equal terms. Not that one races rules the early game and other race the lategame. (not necesseraly saying it's so)
I know exactly what you mean and I definitely respect that.

Thing is, Blizzard themselves said that they want both kinds of types to be played in SC2. Rushing/all-ins is also part of the game (keeps opponent on his toes + scouting becomes extremely important). By completely deleting close spawns, I can almost guarantee that early all-ins will die out (and if you decide to do it, it'll be scouted from miles distance). Bronze players would still die to all-ins, the rest would not :/.
Spl1nter said:
You didnt know yoshichan was asexual?
Far from true and you know it, I love loving people.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
MrKnives said:

"i still see people scouting the closest spawn" = implying scouting the closest spawn is a bad thing to do.

on what map is scouting closest spawn bad? shakuras.

ergo, david kims going to remove shakuras.

MrKnives

Yoshichan said:
I know exactly what you mean and I definitely respect that.

Thing is, Blizzard themselves said that they want both kinds of types to be played in SC2. Rushing/all-ins is also part of the game (keeps opponent on his toes + scouting becomes extremely important). By completely deleting close spawns, I can almost guarantee that early all-ins will die out (and if you decide to do it, it'll be scouted from miles distance). Bronze players would still die to all-ins, the rest would not :/

Those super early (I will bunker rush him to death or die) and svc pulls would die I agree. But the one base all-ins don't need close spawns as much so they would survive.
They at least could add more 3 player maps.

What's even more silly is that it's only on ladder. Almost every other bigger tournament have already removed close spawns. Sometimes I start playing Meta and forget that the thing has close spots. Been watching too much GSL.

Edit: I feel these new Blizzard maps are going to be a blast http://imgur.com/a/RA8xR

V_Arnold

Funny how I switched to terran again, and pulling my scv's never even occured to me, lol :D
But now Blizzard is throwing SILVER opponents at me, MMR must have taken a hit when I played with Protoss and lost a bunch of times, then back to zerg, lost 3 times, then terran, lost for like...5 out of 7? :D Thanks , Blizz :D

zlatko

Banned
mescalineeyes said:
please let's.
I don't find her that attractive.

lolfatguy.png

I think that's like the 4th+ time in the SC2 threads a pic of a good looking girl gets posted and you're the first to jump in and say she's not good looking. It's cool if you're playing for the other team, but stop peeing in our pool man. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom