• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keikaku

867-5309 said:
So you are about to prove that you are actually a SC2 savant.

or this will be you in a few days.

pony.gif

2 things:
  • The tourney is today, in about 3.5 hours.
  • I won't end up like a cowering pony! Win or lose, I'll come out with some replays to watch and new timings to discover :D
  • My inevitable defeat today is but a phase in my Xanatos Gambit to get to Grandmasters and eventually to an MLG event!

jasonng said:
Keikaku: "So... so many t-ttanks. He forced so many th-thors up my ramp. Then he did it in-game. Pluh-please make the nightmares go away."

Still salty about my winning record in our ZvZ matchups, eh? :p

Keikaku said:
2 things:
  • The tourney is today, in about 3.5 hours.
  • I won't end up like a cowering pony! Win or lose, I'll come out with some replays to watch and new timings to discover :D
  • My inevitable defeat today is but a phase in my Xanatos Gambit to get to Grandmasters and eventually to an MLG event!

Still salty about my winning record in our ZvZ matchups, eh? :p

Good luck Keikaku!!

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Anyone having issue with jtv? I get this error
Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://www.justin.tv/" on this server.

Reference #18.47218acf.1310763100.3354792

Can use twitch.tv just fine though...

Deadman

The stream schedules for MLG Anaheim is out, there are 2 streams again.

http://pro.majorleaguegaming.com/competitions/22#event_51_event_schedule
5:30 PM
Naniwai vs. Huk - Red Stream
Community Choice – Blue Stream

6:30 PM
Idra vs. Boxer - Red Stream

7:30 PM
Dignitasnani vs. DongRaeGu - Red Stream

8:30 PM
MMA vs. Slush- Red Stream

9:30 PM
SeleCT- vs. Mvp - Blue Stream

10:30 PM
IdrA1 vs. EGiNcontroL - Red Stream
SlayersSMMA vs. Sockeh - Blue Stream

11:30 PM
Huk vs. DongRaeGu - Red Stream
Kiwikaki vs. Select- Blue Stream

General Schedule

Friday

10:30 AM - 1:30 PM Early Check-In
10:30 AM - 4:00 PM Problem Check-In / Registration
1:30 PM - 5:00 PM Check-In / Warm-Up
5:00 PM - 5:30 PM Welcome
5:30 PM - 6:30 PM Pools A & D
5:30 PM - 9:30 PM Open Winners Round 1
6:30 PM - 7:30 PM Pools B & C
7:30 PM - 8:30 PM Pools A & D
8:30 PM - 9:30 PM Pools B & C
9:30 PM - 10:30 PM Pools A & D
9:30 PM - 11:30 PM Open Winners Round 2
10:30 PM - 11:30 PM Pools B & C
11:30 PM - 12:30 AM Pools A-D
11:30 PM - 12:30 AM Open Winners Round 3
12:30 AM - 1:30 AM Open Winners Round 4

Saturday
8:00 AM - 10:00 AM Warm-Up
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM Open Losers Round 1
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM Open Winners Round 5
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM Open Winners Round 5 / Losers Round 2
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM Open Winners Round 6 / Losers Round 2
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM Pools A-D / Open Losers Round 3
3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Pools A-D - Open Player vs. Friday 5th Place
3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Open Losers Round 4
4:00 PM - 5:00 PM Pools A-D - Open Player vs. Friday 4th Place
4:00 PM - 5:00 PM Open Losers Round 5
5:00 PM - 6:00 PM Pools A & D / Open Losers Round 6
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM Pools A-D - Open Player vs. Friday 3rd Place
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM Open Losers Round 7
7:00 PM - 8:00 PM Pools A-D - Open Player vs. Friday 2nd Place
7:00 PM - 8:00 PM Open Losers Round 8
8:00 PM - 9:00 PM Pools B & C / Open Losers Round 9
9:00 PM - 10:00 PM Pools A-D - Open Player vs. Friday 1st Place
9:00 PM - 10:00 PM Championship Losers Round 1
10:00 PM - 11:00 PM Championship Losers Round 2

Sunday
8:00 AM - 10:00 AM Warm-Up
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM Championship Losers Round 3
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM Championship Losers Round 4
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM Championship Winners Semifinals A / Losers Round 5
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM Championship Winners Semifinals B / Losers Round 6
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM Championship Losers Round 7
3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Championship Losers Round 8
4:00 PM - 5:00 PM Championship Losers Round 9
4:30 PM - 5:30 PM Championship Winners Finals
5:30 PM - 7:00 PM Championship Losers Finals
7:00 PM - 8:30 PM Championship Finals

You can vote for the "community choice" matches here: http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/news/vote-on-mlg-anaheim-community-choice-matches

5:30pm
Kiwikaki vs. MVP
Select vs. Moonan
DongRaeGu vs. TLO

6:30pm
Ret vs. Socke
Sjow vs. Sheth
MMA vs. Drewbie

7:30pm
Kiwikaki vs. Machine
Moonan vs. MVP
Haypro vs. TLO

The choices are pretty obvious.

mcrae

twice today in ZvP i've been attacked by 7/8 marines and 5 scvs, and it just destroys me. one time i was trying to do fast roachs 7 roach rush style, the oner time i 14 pool/15 hatch'dhow do i beat that attack and come out ahead?

zargle

mcrae said:
twice today in ZvP i've been attacked by 7/8 marines and 5 scvs, and it just destroys me. one time i was trying to do fast roachs 7 roach rush style, the oner time i 14 pool/15 hatch'dhow do i beat that attack and come out ahead?

The impressive part is that they were able to build those units as protoss.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
MrKnives said:
I hope it's Tastosis again :eek: They could clone themselves and do both the blue and red stream
Pretty sure this clashes with the GSL Finals.

Keikaku

mcrae said:

Am I correct in assuming that this was a 2-rax and, obviously, ZvT not ZvP?

My standard build against Terrans is a 14hatch/14 pool and I can hold 2-rax play about 75-85% of the time. I'm sure that it's 100% hold-able, but I'm just not good enough yet. If your scouting drone see's 2-rax, add a spine and with ling support and pulling about 4-5 drones, you should be perfectly fine.

It would also help if you posted replays so we can see exactly what happened.

clav

Tilting on ladder today. I guess I can't do anything without else aside going robotics bay as first tech.

Oh well.

SteveWinwood said:
This is not true. HD and Husky are terrible. Gretorp, while bad, is LESS bad.

You must be joking. Husky has improved significantly; he's entertaining, can be funny, etc. HD...eh, he's not bad but isn't good either; sort of like a far more knowledgeable DJWheat.

Gretorp has not improved as a caster since NASL started. He's still awkward, not funny, and doesn't know how to work well with another caster. Whereas the NASL finals proved InControl could shine when paired with a good caster like Day9, Gretorp struggled continuously.

MrKnives

On July 16 2011 10:05 iNcontroL wrote:
What valid points would you like me to respond to? TB is not in it for the money? I never said he was (LOL). I said he CAME HERE for the money.. which is absolutely true. I also (and have explained this a few times now) that I don't think he is scum... he does GREAT THINGS which has been pointed out many a time.. but that doesn't stop me from having the opinion that I'd rather someone gets hired blindly then people come here for the money. People are putting huge assertions on this statement when I NEVER DECLARE A VALUE for it my EXACT fucking language is "I am more offended" which literally means I am more in favor of being hired than coming for money... YOU DUMB FUCKS are the ones who read that as "oh my GOD he thinks TB is greedy and does it only for money!"

it pains me to explain this over and over again.. each time I do I get 3 posts from people saying "don't respond incontrol!" but then I get 20 pages of idiots posting after reading the first page and NOBODY is listening.

I think someone here said Inc would go that route with the TB comment. That actually makes no sense.
Does that mean he prefers Lindsey over everyone else, even himself :eek: And it's not like Lindsey weren't there for the money or the exposure.
He has been defending himself on TL and that's mostly consisted of him bashing on anyone who contradicts him and threatening that he won't ever post anything again.
Looking forward to that.

On July 15 2011 23:03 Liquid`Tyler wrote:
It's not a distortion of words. It's just putting things into perspective. Any person who has previously made money off of video games by reporting on them, playing them competitively or casting them, who picks up SC2 and proceeds to make money from it, should not be automatically labeled as someone who came to SC2 just to make money. If TB of all people is going to be labeled that way, then incontrol should certainly be labeled that way, since I'm pretty sure incontrol was planning to make a career out of sc2 since day 1. It doesn't have to be a negative label, anyway. Either someone makes a good contribution to the community or they don't. Who cares how much money they make if they have a positive effect.

<3 Tyler

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
zlatko said:
I thought you died. ; ;

I moved cities and still dont have proper internet :( mum sent me a 5gig 3g dongle sim card net thing to hold me over until it gets set up sighhhhh

plan on playing more too, i got the work laptop now so once i get SC2 on that I can pl;ay during my lunch breaks for some gaf nights!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
jasonng said:
StarCraft Universe:
http://youtu.be/3mZNrzKLO5I

It's making its rounds around the interwebs. I'm not personally excited for it but I enjoy modders putting great efforts into creating something good.
wow

Q8D3vil

MrKnives said:
I think someone here said Inc would go that route with the TB comment. That actually makes no sense.
Does that mean he prefers Lindsey over everyone else, even himself :eek: And it's not like Lindsey weren't there for the money or the exposure.
He has been defending himself on TL and that's mostly consisted of him bashing on anyone who contradicts him and threatening that he won't ever post anything again.
Looking forward to that.

<3 Tyler
lol
the funny part is that even non TB fans are defending him because they know incontrol is just an asshole.

so many goody games these days, i'm watching tvp between goody and mana and its really want me to try that style

That whole incontrol interview is painfully moronic. He calls the guy behind NASL "a bit of a genius" for chrissakes. Based upon the available evidence, nobody but an idiot would hire that guy to manage a Taco Bell.

mcrae

Keikaku said:
Am I correct in assuming that this was a 2-rax and, obviously, ZvT not ZvP?

My standard build against Terrans is a 14hatch/14 pool and I can hold 2-rax play about 75-85% of the time. I'm sure that it's 100% hold-able, but I'm just not good enough yet. If your scouting drone see's 2-rax, add a spine and with ling support and pulling about 4-5 drones, you should be perfectly fine.

It would also help if you posted replays so we can see exactly what happened.

the 7 roach rush replay i didnt scout well, othe than the initial 2 ra which i should have recognized, but i hoped my roaches wold come out in time. they were 20 seconds short :(

the 14/14 was totally my fault fr not scouting at all. in general i was just looking for the answer, i guess spines+scouting is it.

MrKnives said:
Looking forward to that.

<3 Tyler
It's as if the guy has a clause in his contract forcing him to look like a dumbass every other week.

Simply amazing.

jasonng said:
StarCraft Universe:
http://youtu.be/3mZNrzKLO5I

It's making its rounds around the interwebs. I'm not personally excited for it but I enjoy modders putting great efforts into creating something good.

Wait...that is a SCII mod?

MrKnives said:
I think someone here said Inc would go that route with the TB comment. That actually makes no sense

I did! I don't know why he bothers responding. EG pay for a publicist for that man!

Q8D3vil said:
just read TB story
i hate incontrol even more now :mad:

Wow, I did not know that.

zlatko

Banned
Q8D3vil said:
just read TB story
i hate incontrol even more now :mad:

+respect points. I'll now be more tolerate of his casting and give support to the guy when he does anything cast wise so he gets views and might finally get to the U.S. to get on with his life. Shit is insanely rough... hope it all works out.

LOL @ Incontrol hating on TB at all. After this info about TB, it's like Incontrol went into a handicapped classroom and punched the kid in the corner making a drawing, "just because." :/

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Q8D3vil said:
my tl open opponent is master protoss, i'm so fucked :(
You're good. Master players doesn't play the game (play placement, win all five, gg for eternity and watch casts 24/7)

edit: n/m, protoss? You're screwed. 5 hours experience toss -> 10000 hours terran

Q8D3vil

Yoshichan said:
You're good. Master players doesn't play the game (play placement, win all five, gg for eternity and watch casts 24/7)

edit: n/m, protoss? You're screwed. 5 hours experience toss -> 10000 hours terran
he played 400 game this season.

Yoshichan

Yoshichan

My toss buds are all cheesing scrubs ._.

I've already added you again! No block :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom