• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

WedgeX

Banned
It came down to:

sc2wedgexgaf.jpg

sc2wedgegaf.jpg

sc2wedgexGAF2.jpg

And I chose............

zlatko

Banned
WedgeX said:
DickWolfGAF.

Dang it.

No Gaf anywhere. Just pure Dick Wolf.

Imagine running to Dick Wolf on the ladder. That's a name that makes your enemies quake and cower! Besides, GAF at the end of names to a trolly person online who doesn't know what NeoGAF is, is just going to assume the worst and read Gaf backwards....

WedgeX said:
I like where this is headed.

I love this. But would we run afoul of copyright laws with the race symbols? Otherwise I suggest you template one out for EviLoreGAF and he can wear it to blizzcon (and get mobbed by lurkers).

Would copyright law apply if we were selling them at cost?

And let's not talk about the DickWolf. It is offensive, and not something that should be joked around with.

WedgeX

Banned
Awesome Animals said:
Would copyright law apply if we were selling them at cost?

I believe evilore mentioned it would in the main t-shirt thread. Unless we've got some blizzard hook-ups.............

Why don't their devs post here and love us?

Jeff-DSA

So whose nuts do I have to cup to get a match against something other than a Zerg? This is getting beyond stupid. I'm guessing 8 of my last 10 have been Zerg. Not even fun anymore.

mcrae

Corran Horn said:
Couldnt we anyway do it ourselves and not through gaf? Shrug.

pretty much. and its not like any of these designs are going to be bought by the minimum 10 people required to claim a prize in the gaf contest, since everyone wants a unique one with their name on the back..

Tntnnbltn

The thing about Spreadshirt is that you can customise existing designs on the store.

yiYmP.png

I've submitted just the front logo design to Evilore. That means by default the shirt would just come with the GAF league logo on the front. By clicking customise, you can -- for example -- add custom text to the back of the shirt (your character ID).

I didn't submit the protoss, zerg or terran race icons as I recognise the potential for legal conflict with those. People would either have the option of adding the logos themselves when they customise the shirt -- which wouldn't cause any problems for Evilore -- or just go to plain text.

I personally would add a race logo to mine
(Protoss represent)
, but it's not essential for me. I'd be happy to provide the source images to people who want to do similar.

So yeah. I dare say the front logo design could be used by more than 10 people.

How come my bonus pool is not going up anymore? It's been like 4 days and I'm still at 0... also does anyone know when season 3 of the ladder is starting?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
MisterAnderson said:
How come my bonus pool is not going up anymore? It's been like 4 days and I'm still at 0... also does anyone know when season 3 of the ladder is starting?
Pool doesnt raise when the ladder is locked. Season 3 starts tomorrow.

cdyhybrid

MisterAnderson said:

Ladder has been locked for almost 3 weeks so no bonus pool increase. Season 3 starts tomorrow (Tuesday).

cdyhybrid said:
Ladder has been locked for almost 3 weeks so no bonus pool increase. Season 3 starts tomorrow (Tuesday).

Does anyone know what time the ladder starts? I'm currently rank 7 with rank 8 and 9 close at my heels... I'm scared to ladder right now for fear of losing and dropping rank out of the top 8, and also scared that if I don't ladder and win a game or two they will catch up to me and knock me out of top 8.

Also, what's with all those awesome shirt designs on the last page? WHAT DID I MISS

They are matching me up against some more masters now. Maybe if i can go on a win streak today i can sneak into masters at the start of season 3. Then i can just retire from laddering, lol.

Dooraven

Puzzle is insane. He's been streaming for 16 hours straight now and is like on a insnae rofl stomp of the NA ladder.

Oh yeah he also got stream sniped by deezer 3 times when I was watching and destroyed deezer every single time,

Edit: Puzzle v Destiny now on :D

Corran Horn

Dooraven said:
Puzzle is insane. He's been streaming for 16 hours straight now and is like on a insnae rofl stomp of the NA ladder.

Oh yeah he also got stream sniped by deezer 3 times when I was watching and destroyed deezer every single time,

Ya I was watching him earlier. He will just randomly cheese from time to time and fail, its funny.

Feels good to hold off a cannon rush. I dont know why he placed canons at my natural and allowed me to exit....then go into his base lol

Corran Horn

Nothings worse in a PvP when you both transitioned into DTs without detection and it becomes a game of who can get detect first lol

zlatko

Banned
Dooraven said:

Destiny spanked him even with tons of mistakes. That was Puzzle going mass Collasi over and over, and only ever making one round of templar right?

zlatko said:
Destiny spanked him even with tons of mistakes. That was Puzzle going mass Collasi over and over, and only ever making one round of templar right?

Embarrasing play from puzzle. That's the sort of standard i would expect from a platinum player or lower. He just never responded to what destiny was building and kept throwing the same army at him over and over.

Corran Horn

MrKnives said:
Why is everyone playing on NA now? Even the koreans. I don't get that.
I would imagine alot of it is practice for the latency for NA tournaments. Koreans have to compete in stuff since not all are busy in gsl.

Good lord I forgot how cheesy the ladder is...

zlatko

Banned
Corran Horn said:
I would imagine alot of it is practice for the latency for NA tournaments. Koreans have to compete in stuff since not all are busy in gsl.

Good lord I forgot how cheesy the ladder is...

If it's not some kind of 1 base all in, then it isn't the NA ladder.

Corran Horn

zlatko said:
If it's not some kind of 1 base all in, then it isn't the NA ladder.
Ive only played PvP or PvZ. Every game against zerg its a 9 or under pool and Protoss, twice was canon rush. Lol

Archon/Zealot. so fun :D

mcrae

after playing for 16 hours, give the guy some slack for making too many collossus.

someone answer me why catz is always on destinys stream? best friends? is it skype? wtf is the deal

Corran Horn

mcrae said:
after playing for 16 hours, give the guy some slack for making too many collossus.

someone answer me why catz is always on destinys stream? best friends? is it skype? wtf is the deal
Well they were teammates on root for a few months till complexity bought root, so I imagine they are friends/practice partners/etc.

Jeff-DSA

mcrae said:

They're on Skype, and they're good friends. Remember, they were both teammates on Root Gaming before Complexity bought 'em out and dropped Destiny.

Q8D3vil

mcrae said:

dirty zergs like to hangout together.

lol, they are friends and their style is very similar (although i think destiny is better and more refined).

jersoc

wow holy crap, went to tune into destiny and see 3 zenex players lol.

i'd imagine another reason they are streaming is for the monies.

Puzzle getting decimated again. I know his been streaming for a while but this is terrible. He sees destiny going mass infestor so he responds with collusus and no templar tech and just gets rolled.

Mairu

jersoc said:
wow holy crap, went to tune into destiny and see 3 zenex players lol.

i'd imagine another reason they are streaming is for the monies.
Maybe, but I don't know for sure since Puzzle has gone for multiple hours without going /commercial!

Someone has to know who that Kpop chick on Puzzle's SC2 client is

Keikaku

Mairu said:
Maybe, but I don't know for sure since Puzzle has gone for multiple hours without going /commercial!

Someone has to know who that Kpop chick on Puzzle's SC2 client is

That isn't important. You need to listen to that KPop song from CoCa's stream. Do it!

Mairu

Keikaku said:
That isn't important. You need to listen to that KPop song from CoCa's stream. Do it!
Dual-first person views from watching Destiny/Puzzle is better than watching singular Coca

Corran Horn

They do practice among the team, but teams in sc2 are no where near the strength they are in BW where you can practice against teammates only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom