• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wow !!! Thanks för that Gaf android Link :)
e

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/news/mlg-anaheim-spectators-get-your-game-faces-on

The Stages
At the very front of the venue you’ll see the three Main Stages. There is one each for StarCraft 2, Halo: Reach, and Call of Duty: Black Ops. And here’s where the setup will differ somewhat from previous Pro Circuit events. Because of overwhelming popular demand, we have moved StarCraft 2 to the center Main Stage. This marks the first time a PC title has ever been featured in the center of the venue. And as to the burning question on all of your minds: yes, there will be more chairs. Lots of them.

Awww yeah.

sk3tch

Have you guys ever experienced the game "hanging" or "pausing"? The gameply freezes but the music continues on (I'm playing the campaign) - but everything recovers after about 10 seconds and continues on like nothing happened...

I'm on Win7 Ult x64 with all the latest patches, latest AMD drivers (clean install so no past drivers), i5 2500k @ 4.7 GHz (quad core), 8GB RAM, and 6970 CrossFireX @ 950/1450. I've validated stability of my OCs with other apps and games - so I do not think that is it. And typically, with OC/stability-related crashes everything just freezes and a hard restart is required. Since it recovers it leads me to look elsewhere...

Google search leads to varying suggestions. Just trying to see if this rings any bells for you guys.

Yoshichan

Ffs Can a mod Edit my postcant Do it ön this shit phoneee sorry about this guys

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Awesome Animals said:
Welcome!

So, what did Yoshi post? I'm confused...

I have no idea. I don't see anything in that post.

WedgeX

Banned
Awesome Animals said:
Welcome!

So, what did Yoshi post? I'm confused...

imagesqtbnANd9GcRGP4f6XNeTsISPouDlBKtbd5xteKneRBZVAHye0fvA8ZpyD1Wo.jpg

V_Arnold

It has been two weeks now.

It was two weeks ago when I decided "fuck ZVZ" (even though pre-infestor buff, I LOVED that matchup, but not it is a horrible broken piece of..apple.), I switched to terran. I played that race for like a week when I was first introduced to StarCraft 2, back in the beta. Still fascinated by being able to lower depots :D

Anyways, my ladder MMR has obviously taken a HUGE hit. From "occasionally getting diamond/masters opponents" as a Zerg, it become a "get an occasional gold, usually silver, sometimes bronze" - it is not the same, obviously. I have lost TONS. I did not do any outside-of-ladder practice, I just switched to T and did not care whether my league is plat or will be silver.

I think I will be demoted, but it is okay. I love climbing up on the ladder, slowly improving my skills. TVT, in this two week, was effortless. I died maybe once or twice to an all-in (meaning: SCV-s come with the marines...), but when it was a standard game, I always went for a siege + viking + contain + slow, methodical pushed, and it works awesomely. Some people dont understand why this is so strong, but it really is. It is like trying to hit an unstoppable force with your own units. That shoots rockets in the air and explodes everything on the ground :D

TVP? Well, it has been fun. Against colossi, I cant do anything, but in this two weeks, I kinda realized that I gotta harass the P as soon as I realize his plan, and once I got to keep my banshees, produce additional ones, and maybe get a good engagement, the ever-growing amount of banshees can help so much that it is not even funny. Key is harassment though, a slipped banshee, a hellion in their base or a perfectly timed drop while he is out trying to attack you is a wonder. I love this matchup, overall. In this level, these dudes do not do air builds. That is sad because it is really, really strong. Oh, and blue-flame hellions eat zealots alive, even chargelots...good to know.

AND TVZ...well, it is hard. For me, especially. I had a tendency to be passive with Zerg always, and as a T against Z, it is even worse :D Blue-flame hellion is a must have, because if you do not have that, you cant do anything about that moving blob of lings/blings... hehe. When I can destroy his 3rd without being dealt a counterattack to, I usually win now. Overall, I have much to learn in this matchup.

I enjoy this game again. I still love the feel of the zerg the best, when I am in my base, making stuff, using larva, moving with lings, but with Terran, the application of pressure is more...direct. Like working with vectors. And I like that. So, I will be demoted hopefully, to Gold if I am lucky, to silver if I am not, but this game is still awesome :)

Yoshichan

wow guys .. wow

V_Arnold said:
Terran switching tale

Maybe I should try T or P. I feel the same way about Zerg, loving the mechanics of it with larvae management and lings and creep, it just feels right, but I never feel like I'm in a position to actually win a game without just going straight macro and winning a giant battle.

Also ZvZ is a total shitshow.

Yoshichan

zvz Was worse before infestor buff

Yoshichan

PhoenixDark said:
Lost to a bronze toss yesterday. Glad things reset today. What a disaster S2 was for me
are you diamond ?

BigAT

I just did my 1v1 placement, ZvP on Searing Crater. I won and got placed back into Diamond. I've got to say I feel pretty good about being able to switch races mid-season and remain in Diamond still. Maybe I'll switch to Protoss now and go for the trifecta. :p

Searing Crater feels a lot like Backwater Gulch, so I might be vetoing it. The main/natural setup is virtually the exact same as BG, except there are rocks that also block out your third. The middle of the map is more open though, just a big field with a single Xel'Naga tower.

V_Arnold said:
You have no fucking idea. No fucking idea.
Sorry for swear word, but it was A matchup. Not a dumb "who gets infestors first and gets lucky".

All of my ZvZs end before infestors even come out because everyone seems to think BANELING WARZZZZZZ is the way to go.

The rare game that goes beyond that is just INFESTOR WARS. I blame Destiny.

I hate ZvZ.

Zen

Banned
PhoenixDark said:
Lost to a bronze toss yesterday. Glad things reset today. What a disaster S2 was for me

I finished outside top 8 diamond for the first time ever (9th place). I can't play TvT for the life of me, I think I need to spend some time watching only TvT and playing only TvT because my TvZ is decent enough, and my TvP is absurdly good (provided I don't do stupid things an choke like in the Neogaf tourneys :D).

Did anyone catch the two Destiny versus Puzzle games/drama from last night?

Yoshichan

thats nOt the first time i read about People complaining about destiny... Was he the first person to use infestor in a tournament setting? in that case. got Link to the Game?

Zen said:
Did anyone catch the two Destiny versus Puzzle games/drama from last night?

I watched a good long one of theirs on Terminus that Destiny won on Puzzle's stream, was fun. What was the drama?

And yeah, lots of 4festor hit squat play. Puzzle basically let Destiny keep four burrowed Infestors in his main for like 10 minutes. Puzzle let it go on way too long.

Jeff-DSA

Horsemama1956 said:
Shouldn't high yield be high risk? Though the tower seems kinda dumb.

Doesn't that also just mean that Protoss can easy patrol both with Colossus or the Zerg could lock down both with Infestors?

It seems like it's threatening to any race to hold either of those Golds.

ultron87

It just seems like it is making both golds too much of a risk, even for a gold. And if someone does manage to secure one the opponent doesn't really have any chance of taking his.

Zen

Banned
StopMakingSense said:
I watched a good long one of theirs on Terminus that Destiny won on Puzzle's stream, was fun. What was the drama?

And yeah, lots of 4festor hit squat play. Puzzle basically let Destiny keep four burrowed Infestors in his main for like 10 minutes. Puzzle let it go on way too long.

Basically after winning the match Destiny made a few comments such as "This guy is code A? I don't know man, he's so shit, he's so shit". So of course this got back to Puzzle's stream chat, and after the trolls from each side attacked one another and Destiny talked a bit more about how Puzzle wasn't very good (amonga ton of other subjects), they had a rematch on Xel Naga. Puzzle had a relatively early expo but did some very strong build (wasn't paying too close attention) and killed Destiny's expo, from there Puzzle basically had Destiny's number, got on 3 base and crushed everything Destiny tried.

As Puzzle was ending the game he built a manner Nexus and Destiny left without GGing and called Puzzle a fucking faggot on stream. Apparently manner Nexus stuff is more cute/playful than pure BM in Korea, Destiny and some guy in his house got into an arguement after the game.

Not incredible drama considering it's Destiny we're talking about. I love watching Destiny play, and I especially love how funny he can be, but I really really dislike the homophobic/racial slurring et all that he and his friends do; that an his ocassional qq on stream when he gets beaten. I think he could have even more fans if he wasn't so ocassionally toxic.

I'm sure you can find the matches on their respective archives? I'll take a look later.

Puzzle had been streaming for like 16 hours at that point, not sure how he did it.

Q8D3vil

I think he could have even more fans if he wasn't so ocassionally toxic.
i disagree with this.
destiny have ton of fans because of his bad attitude and i don't see that changing anytime soon.
he make a living out of it right now.

Zen

Banned
Q8D3vil said:
i disagree with this.
destiny have ton of fans because of his bad attitude and i don't see that changing anytime soon.
he make a living out of it right now.

Eh, I think people go to him for how hilarious/charasmatic he is be along with his very sexy zerg play, not because he uses slurs. He could just as easily use regular swears and he probably wouldn't lose any viewers.

cdyhybrid

Definitely vetoing Antiga Shipyard and Nerazim Crypt after reading that article. Stupid, stupid maps for defending against tanks. Blizzard sucks at mapmaking =\ I guess it'll have to be those two and Backwater.

V_Arnold

Destiny is... well.
I try to become less and less about who does what, but.

Destiny is a shell, for me. He fights for his right to be incredibly bad manner, and makes a living out of it. It is his decision, good for him. And I give him exactly zero respect. He has yet to prove himself as a serious player, he has yet to win or just go at least top 8 in ANY major tournament - he has carved himself a niche where he can be BM, make bad and sometimes racist jokes, and get away with it.

But he is not a respectable pro player. Or even a respectable amateur. Nope.

V_Arnold said:
Destiny is... well.
I try to become less and less about who does what, but.

Destiny is a shell, for me. He fights for his right to be incredibly bad manner, and makes a living out of it. It is his decision, good for him. And I give him exactly zero respect. He has yet to prove himself as a serious player, he has yet to win or just go at least top 8 in ANY major tournament - he has carved himself a niche where he can be BM, make bad and sometimes racist jokes, and get away with it.

But he is not a respectable pro player. Or even a respectable amateur. Nope.

Yeh Bomber and Ace are easy victories.

zlatko

Banned
StopMakingSense said:

I assume drama is that he called Puzzles reaction to his infestor play dumb. It totally was. He just kept doing collasi, instead of going for lots of templars.

I suck with infestors. Yesterday I made like 10+, and I messed up my unit positioning when the fight came, and they couldn't get off fungals, so all my shit got mauled. I hate that in ZvZ I always have them and so does my opponent, and we clash, but he always comes out on top, but I went for upgrades as well. Generally our armies look equal in size on the roach count, and the infestors is probably in his favor by 2-3. I just don't know how to come out the winner when it's ZvZ infestor/roach vs infestor roach. It's like whoever gets off fungals first just wins and that's that. :/

V_Arnold

Chinese Electric Batman said:
Yeh Bomber and Ace are easy victories.

Well, you can cherrypick his opponents and his highlight, but that does not turn Destiny into a tourney-winner material. SCII is volatile, and if you let ANYONE mass up infestors, he wins, that is about it. :p

jersoc

zlatko said:
I assume drama is that he called Puzzles reaction to his infestor play dumb. It totally was. He just kept doing collasi, instead of going for lots of templars.

I suck with infestors. Yesterday I made like 10+, and I messed up my unit positioning when the fight came, and they couldn't get off fungals, so all my shit got mauled. I hate that in ZvZ I always have them and so does my opponent, and we clash, but he always comes out on top, but I went for upgrades as well. Generally our armies look equal in size on the roach count, and the infestors is probably in his favor by 2-3. I just don't know how to come out the winner when it's ZvZ infestor/roach vs infestor roach. It's like whoever gets off fungals first just wins and that's that. :/

man I suck with infestor control too. I think what I'm going to start doing is hotkey with the main army too. So they are on 2 hotkeys, by themselves and with the main army, aka meat shields. That way they move as one big group. I have a hard time moving 3 separate groups at once.

But i'm open to ideas too. Army control has lost me many games :|

V_Arnold said:
Well, you can cherrypick his opponents and his highlight, but that does not turn Destiny into a tourney-winner material. SCII is volatile, and if you let ANYONE mass up infestors, he wins, that is about it. :p

You're only respectable in any way if you're a tournament winner?

V_Arnold said:

Nestea would like to have a word with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom