• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff-DSA

claviertekky said:
Sometimes I wonder the games that my opponent says glhf and doesn't gg when the game is over.

Was it not fun?

Well, to be fair, it's not a good game when they cheese you or you cheese them.

Ashhong

Does anybody remember an old ZvP i think, where it was down to like, 1 zealot vs 2 zerg buildings? The toss player made the wise decision to not kill off 1 building, but instead to get both buildings down to like 2hp and then kill one, and run to the other and kill it before the broods killed the zealot? I want to watch it..

jasonng

Ashhong said:
Does anybody remember an old ZvP i think, where it was down to like, 1 zealot vs 2 zerg buildings? The toss player made the wise decision to not kill off 1 building, but instead to get both buildings down to like 2hp and then kill one, and run to the other and kill it before the broods killed the zealot? I want to watch it..
http://youtu.be/qEV9niTmeOU

Keikaku

Ashhong said:

I do remember that! I want to say it was GSL Season 2 or 3, not sure which game though.

EDIT: Apparently, I was completely wrong :( Just watching that and it was still as hilarious at the end lol

clav

Awesome Animals said:
And the only thing I hate, is when people gg me when they are about to win. So rude.
Yoshichan said:
Lift your buildings, Alt TAB, turn on Guile's theme and enjoy.
867-5309 said:
That is when i make them destroy everything. No quick win for you sir. Then i have fun landing and lifting my buildings in the same spot over and over just to demonstrate that I am fucking with them.

Haha. I do this as well.

Preemptive GG? Then feel my passive aggression. You must kill every building.

Usually, I'm about to type GG, but if the opponent does first, I prolong the game.

V_Arnold

Sorry about earlier, Yoshi, btw.
Did not mean to come out as offensive as I did.
Fuck the Diablo 3 news for making me frustrated.

MrKnives

claviertekky said:
Haha. I do this as well.

Preemptive GG? Then feel my passive aggression. You must kill every building.

Usually, I'm about to type GG, but if the opponent does first, I prolong the game.

Whenever they do that I feel like smashing my keyboard on his head. I hate that, it's just such a asshole move to do.

V_Arnold said:

?

V_Arnold

MrKnives said:

So much negativity in that thread, I basically bathed in negative emotions in those threads in the last few days, trying to argue with all those people. VERY bad habit, one I am trying to lose.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
V_Arnold said:
Trust me bro, I was on the urge of editing my rage post multiple times... I'm the one who should be sorry. Today's just been one of those sour days :/

edit: Oh and the reason I don't "protect" Diablo III anymore is because I already got a three month ban for doing it once. Of course, I used my typical rage-comments on them and that's what got me banned :/ I've learned to ignore the D3-haters though.

MrKnives

V_Arnold said:
So much negativity in that thread, I basically bathed in negative emotions in those threads in the last few days, trying to argue with all those people. VERY bad habit, one I am trying to lose.

Why are you there arguing?
I'm not surprised about the negativity though. It's bs what they are doing but if you are happy with it and still getting it. No need to defend their actions

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
zlatko said:
Let them hate on D3 all they want... everyone is buying it lmao.
Sad but true :lol (insert BOYCOTT.MW2.jpg)

edit:
1258035395841.jpg

MrKnives

Yoshichan said:
Sad but true :lol (insert BOYCOTT.MW2.jpg)

edit:
http://www.ubercharged.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/1258035395841.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I've seen this pic a lot but doesn't steam sort by who is playing? So we don't know if it's 50/833 but yea I agree.
It's cool to rage but in the end of the day it's still Diablo 3.

Yoshichan

MrKnives said:
I've seen this pic a lot but doesn't steam sort by who is playing? So we don't know if it's 50/833 but yea I agree..
Yeah, haha, unfortunately that kinda ruins the joke (though I'm pretty sure more than 50 bought MW2 but they're currently offline).

fanboi

Banned
Ashhong said:

HOLY SHIT

I was thinking of that game LAST night...

that means...

GET OUT OF MY HEAD

Measley

Hey guys, quick question: What's a good counter to Thors as zerg? Everyone says zerglings, but is there a better counter? For example, Immortals destroy Thors pretty easily, but what is the counter for the Thor within the swarm?

Measley said:
Hey guys, quick question: What's a good counter to Thors as zerg? Everyone says zerglings, but is there a better counter? For example, Immortals destroy Thors pretty easily, but what is the counter for the Thor within the swarm?

Mutalisks.

Magic Box makes thors useless outside of a slow push that has marines.

clav

MrKnives said:
Whenever they do that I feel like smashing my keyboard on his head. I hate that, it's just such a asshole move to do.
Playing your games out is actually not a bad idea as I've actually won a few games that someone destroyed my base and tech with early game all-in cheese but didn't touch my econ.

Those wins are sweeter when my opponents prematurely said GG.

The game's not over until it's over.

zoukka

Measley said:

Well depends what they walk with. There really isn't a pure hard counter per se because lone Thors don't win even against Drones.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Measley said:
broodlord.

MrKnives

If you just want the perfect counter for it I would suggest roaches for power and infestors np for heavy support.
Mutas isn't that great because if he has a lot of thors you have to have a lot of mutas. Then he can just add few marines and that's it.
But pretty much anything + neural is great

Edit: and oh yea like panda said, broods. Just remember to spread them out a little bit at least.

Yoshichan

edit: wrong thread...

jasonng

lOAXv.png

This week's Gaf Night has a special theme: NO HELLIONS. Just kidding
but not really
. Actually a theme I was thinking about is purposely playing on terrible maps, whether it's from Blizzard itself (which is plenty) or community made. This game is all sorts of broken so why don't we just embrace it and troll mapmakers of bnet 2.0. I know we all miss Steppes of War.

Also, I have bought my Gaf shirts from the store. I'm still waiting for our sc2gaf shirts.
The Weekly NeoGAF Starcraft II Nights
-Wednesdays starting @ 6pm PDT (9pm EST)
-Game types:
<1v1>
<1v1 obs>
<1v1 coaching>
<2v2>
<3v3>
<4v4>
<FFA>
<Custom Maps>
<Nuclear Arcade>
<Megaton Team Monobattles>
<MorroW's Micro Tournament>

Mumble + Stream
-Corran's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/corran666
-Hazard's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/vggaming
-Vaultrin's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/vaultrin21

MUMBLE INFORMATION:
Main server: IP = chi.eoreality.net and port = 64739
Backup server: IP = 67.23.187.114 and port = 20198
Download Here: http://mumble.sourceforge.net/

jasonng

So here's the replay with me against Terran Mech play on Nerazim Crypt:
http://www.sc2replayed.com/replay-videos/11151

The Terran here played incredibly well and this is the kind of Terran play that I'm very scared of. What he did was denying my zergling scouting with blue flame hellions. Then he used plenty of scans to consistently take out my creep spread. That left me in the dark until I had overlord speed. By the time I got my third he had seige tanks containing while blasting away on my third from higher ground. Zerglings couldn't get in to do damage with hellions around. Turrets are were built in the frontlines for anti-air (Thors would be more viable on a smaller map?) and to prevent me from doing infested marine beach balls. As he expands he builds more orbital commands so he can scan constantly until I starved my econ. I won't go into what I did wrong, I know my main mistakes.

What I'm doing now is trying to rethink ZvT. Getting roaches against terran still messes with my macro since it delays that much needed gas. Now I feel like I have to get 4 gas asap. Other things I'm trying to incorporate into my play is getting overlord speed as soon as I get lair (yay, more gas). I'm debating whether or not to skip out on getting an overseer right away as I wait for overlord speed. Now that I can't scout with lings, overlord has never been more valuable so I'm not sure. Getting Spire seems manditory now too, not sure how I'm going to juggle that with infestor tech. Also there's a lot more pressure to get to hive tech asap since brood lords are basically my only answer against mech play. So much to think about, it gets me exhausted and unmotivated.

BigAT

SscX6.jpg

Some fellow GG'd but then refused to leave against me. I thought I did a pretty good job considering the relative complexity of my name.

hamchan

I hate people who type gg and then don't leave the game and keep microing their units and flying their buildings away. Its still BM even if they typed gg, very annoying.

Anyways I'm quite happy that Zerg are having problems with ZvT now. It was only like a month ago that TvZ was extremely hard for Terran with Brood Lord + Infestors. Great to see the game keep changing and staying interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom