• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

V_Arnold

I watched Devil's replays. There a hm....persistent...protoss tried to bust in with 4gate. Devil barely, but defended. Then prot summoned one more round, went for it again. Repelled. This has been repeated 5-6 times and Devil sent a banshee to P's base. Which obviously was undefended. Then what does P say? "Imbalanced", and leaves.

WTF.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Awesome Animals said:
Man, I don't get internet until Thursday at my new place.

What are the main differences between HoN and LoL? Why is LoL the spectator sport? I was going to try LoL, but it doesn't have Mac support. HoN does. Is it worth checking out HoN if I plan on playing DotA 2?
If you want to play Dota 2 then HoN will help out more. The best way to describe it is, LoL is like TF2 and HoN is like CS. LoL is a lot more casual and easier to play.

V_Arnold

Props to Incontrol, he was awesome when it came to his MLG performance.
He basically said that he was ashamed of his performance, he has no excuse, and he dislikes the fact that facing Boxer might be a once-in-a-lifetime-like opportunity and he was not in the proper shame to make the best out of that match.

Awesome.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
V_Arnold said:
I watched Devil's replays. There a hm....persistent...protoss tried to bust in with 4gate. Devil barely, but defended. Then prot summoned one more round, went for it again. Repelled. This has been repeated 5-6 times and Devil sent a banshee to P's base. Which obviously was undefended. Then what does P say? "Imbalanced", and leaves.

WTF.
Link?

BigAT

I just had some guy plead with me to leave the game after I had him dead to rights. Pathetic.

fUQDZ.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I would've let him win.

Q8D3vil

man, its like the incontrol in sotg is a different character.

fuck, now i sound like i want him in sotg :(

WTF.
yeah that was an awesome game.

ksan

Q8D3vil said:
man, its like the incontrol in sotg is a different character.

fuck, now i sound like i want him in sotg :(
*I know how you feel bro*

Why does he have to say such stupid stuff outside of SotG? :(

BigAT

The guy was an idiot. He essentially accused me of maphacking after somehow discovered his third, which was located exactly where you would expect a third on Shattered Temple. Plus there was a lot more begging by him that I didn't include in the screenshot. There's no way someone that pathetic should be rewarded.

Yoshichan

MrKnives

Awesome Animals said:
Why? It completely undermines the ranking system. If he can't win, then he doesn't deserve the promotion.

The ranking system everyone shits on anyway? God forbid anything disrupts the ranking system.

MrKnives said:
The ranking system everyone shits on anyway? God forbid anything disrupts the ranking system.

If that is the case, why do we bother going by the ranking system at all? Are you saying that it is a worthless system we shouldn't use to compare each other? I don't understand this line of thinking. Someone begging for a win so they should get promoted, shouldn't get promoted. Begging for wins isn't something that should be acceptable for progression on the ladder, perfect or imperfect.

Jeff-DSA

V_Arnold said:

WTF.

Hah, I scouted a Zerg opponent taking the gold expansion first, so I changed my build and opened 2rax and transitioned into Hellion pressure. He accused me of "using cheep [sic] tricks" and then he tried to Roach rush me in a desperation attack which I held. The second my Banshee fired its first shot into his main mineral line he quit.

Yoshichan

You guys are evil :( IIRC, I've given away 4 wins. One was a promotion match.

ksan

MrKnives said:
No, just no, that's not why people shit on it.
The matchmaking and hidden mmr is fine, the leagues are also pretty good as they are based on hidden mmr.
The problem according to most people afaik is points and bonus pool not being a good indicator.
Q8D3vil said:
just lost 3 games because my pos internet disconnected.
fml.
I just lost two games cause I'm shit

V_Arnold

Yoshichan said:
You guys are evil :( IIRC, I've given away 4 wins. One was a promotion match.

Yeah Yoshi, I can totally see that.
Let me guess. Two was mouse break time, therefore a forfeit from you, one the keyboard? :D

Yoshichan

Q8D3vil said:
fml.
V_Arnold said:
Yeah Yoshi, I can totally see that.
Let me guess. Two was mouse break time, therefore a forfeit from you, one the keyboard? :D
Dude.

Why do people think I'm 100% Evil, 0% Good? Just cuz I break stuff, doesn't mean I'm hating on people constantly. It happens, sure. But almost 90% of my games, I GL HF, GG and sometimes give the guy a compliment if he wins (especially if he's terran).
Q8D3vil said:
fml.
Hate this shit. Stop playing with it happens once, I learned the hard way.

Yoshichan

IUddX.jpg

Fuck yeah, ordering asap. Waiting on Prime now...

ksan

ok, I didn't even know you could wall off with two bunkers on the new maps, grats for being fucking idiots blizz

Yoshichan

:( Calm down bro

V_Arnold

Yoshichan said:
Dude.
Why do people think I'm 100% Evil, 0% Good? Just cuz I break stuff, doesn't mean I'm hating on people constantly. It happens, sure. But almost 90% of my games, I GL HF, GG and sometimes give the guy a compliment if he wins (especially if he's terran).

Simple, dude. If you rage over lost games, you place too much importance on matches. If you place too much importance on matches, you wont give them away. Simple as that.

You are either lying or simply does not realize this, in which case you should, and then you could stop raging.

clav

No wonder some people really suck at Platinum league if they are the same people that beg for wins.

That is just pathetic.

Yoshichan

Q8D3vil said:
i waited 10 minute before trying again :/
i can't stop thinking about sc2, is this normal :X
Fully normal bro, I'm currently talking SC2 with a girl on Facebook who doesn't give a shit about games. It's addicting.

RE: V_Arnold

Shut the hell up. Ok? Good.

Yoshichan

V_Arnold said:
I said the exact same thing when I read your post.

V_Arnold

Yoshichan said:
I said the exact same thing when I read your post.

Haha. Just admit that you love being in the spotlight :) After the "You guys are evil, I give away matches" , it was obvious what you are after, and now that you have got it, you are mad and salty. Well...

Yoshichan

V_Arnold

Yoshichan said:
Hey asshole, next time I give a game away, I'll upload the replay to shut up you. How does that sound?

Oh, as if that would matter. If I know your douchery right, you'd just say it was either 1: forced 2: fake.

edit: Oh and FYI, I'm ready to take whatever's gonna happen to me after this post. It's worth it because I can't fucking stand your face anymore.

WoW, calm down imho. I do not care if you forfeit all your matches from now on.
Want me to change avatar? :D

clav

ksan said:
fuckfuckfuck, went from 6-1 to 6-6, feels bad man, gonna try a bit later tonight

but I gl hf:ed and gg:d every single time!
Sometimes I wonder the games that my opponent says glhf and doesn't gg when the game is over.

Was it not fun?

V_Arnold

Devil, good games. I am trying to incorporate BARRACK SCOUT into my gameplan, but that one in the closed meta just did not happen right. Wanted to use it to block you from hitting my sieges, but then you just walked into me unsieged :p

Nothing feels better though than rax scouting a dude who goes triple starport banshee off one base. :D

claviertekky said:
Sometimes I wonder the games that my opponent says glhf and doesn't gg when the game is over.

Was it not fun?

I am so saddened by that. It is like at the start of the game, everything is rainbows and happiness. And then in the end..there is only a winner and salt. And sadness.

Since I switched to T, I have not been salty at a single game, or maybe one when I was drunk D:

Yoshichan

V_Arnold said:
Nothing feels better though than rax scouting a dude who goes triple starport banshee off one base. :D
How do you even do this? Nothing but one marine from rax, no units from factory and three starports with tech labs? Will you be able to constantly get out three banshees at a time?

edit: Also, GG means "Good Game". If the person didn't consider the game to be a good game, he doesn't need to type it. Fuck formality. And if the other person takes offense, LOL at him. He just got points, he should stfu and continue on.

V_Arnold

Yoshichan said:
How do you even do this? Nothing but one marine from rax, no units from factory and three starports with tech labs? Will you be able to constantly get out three banshees at a time?

edit: Also, GG means "Good Game". If the person didn't consider the game to be a good game, he doesn't need to type it. Fuck formality. And if the other person takes offense, LOL at him. He just got points, he should stfu and continue on.

He was gold. I am sure he did not think his plan through. Maybe when I showed at his doorstep with siege+Viking+Raven, he learned his lesson :p

Well, GG for me does not mean that anymore. It is "I concede". I could type that out also, but I do not. When I played "go", there were too people who ignored formalities. After all, typing one line does not hurt, imho.

Yoshichan

V_Arnold said:
Well, GG for me does not mean that anymore. It is "I concede". I could type that out also, but I do not. When I played "go", there were too people who ignored formalities. After all, typing one line does not hurt, imho.
Fair enough. Worst part is when I don't GG and the asshole comes whispering in chat something like "no gg, scrub?".

Get the HELL outa my face, you BM ass.

V_Arnold said:
He was gold. I am sure he did not think his plan through. Maybe when I showed at his doorstep with siege+Viking+Raven, he learned his lesson :p

I've always wanted to play go.

And the only thing I hate, is when people gg me when they are about to win. So rude.

V_Arnold

Awesome Animals said:
I've always wanted to play go.

Do it NOW!

http://www.gokgs.com/

Step one: Play through the interactive tutorial down there
Step two: go online, play some games at a 9*9 board
Step three: register for free, and play some ranked games.

In a matter of 1-2 weeks, you will be able to see what is happening on the whole board and you can start improving. There are TONS of replays out there ( 30-40,000 different easily, with the biggest games in recorded go history also being available!), and a lot of books! : )

Yoshichan

Awesome Animals said:
And the only thing I hate, is when people gg me when they are about to win. So rude.
Lift your buildings, Alt TAB, turn on Guile's theme and enjoy.

edit: And if you're serious about Go... good luck. You'll need that, sir.

zargle

Awesome Animals said:

That is when i make them destroy everything. No quick win for you sir. Then i have fun landing and lifting my buildings in the same spot over and over just to demonstrate that I am fucking with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom