• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Sliver

Destiny is so sad now. Spends all day playing LoL, says that top level LoL play requires more than top level SC2, and that even GSL winners "don't have brains." Don't know what that says about his sub-par SC2 play though.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Destiny is so sad now. Spends all day playing LoL, says that top level LoL play requires more than top level SC2, and that even GSL winners "don't have brains." Don't know what that says about his sub-par SC2 play though.

destiny is like the LoL equivalent of a silver leaguer too. He must have felt very burned when MLG didn't invite him to a qualifier.

I guarantee he will switch to LoL not long after people figure out HOTS.

(._.)

Banned

He isn't a professional. He is a streamer and an entertainer.

He isn't a professional. He is a streamer and an entertainer.

Yet is upset he's not treated like a professional gamer, hence allegedly being salty over MLG dissing him. Initially he took pride in being separate from the pro gamer scene, and would dabble in it with a few show matches to prove how bullshit the labels were (ie him destroying InControl in that show match).

He's still a fun player, and I certainly feel like I could get closer to his level than say, Idra's for instance; that type of "if he can do it, so can I" mentality makes him popular among many zerg players imo

He plays for stream numbers. I don't get the impression he practices

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
1634U.jpg

Hmm update to monobattles

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me

fanboi

Banned
Can you guys help me win a contest please?

I'm a finalist to win the MLG Controller and I need votes to win it. Can you guys vote me please and spread it around?

https://www.facebook.com/questions/10150593084649292/?qa_ref=ssp

I'm the second option, "Tahir's original song"

Here's the song I made btw lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9HgWcDwGm8

I just saw on facebook that Pandaman did something nerdy... just about to call him out and then I see this!

Voted!

On Michaels!

Joking

Can you guys help me win a contest please?

I'm a finalist to win the MLG Controller and I need votes to win it. Can you guys vote me please and spread it around?

https://www.facebook.com/questions/10150593084649292/?qa_ref=ssp

I'm the second option, "Tahir's original song"

Here's the song I made btw lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9HgWcDwGm8

Voted.

Also SC2 GAF perhaps you could do a favor for me, and vote for this project for disabled African kids in Kenya
http://www.dellchallenge.org/projects/grace-sustainability-project

You just have to sign up, then vote for the project. No money donations or anything

Damn, my hands are all shaky and shit today. Couldn't handle Terran drops at all. But I did try out something new today - the early roach pressure in response to heavy Hellion play. First time I tried it, I was greeted by a shit ton of marines and tanks - ie it didn't go so well, even though most of my roaches and lings escaped.

Second time I caught the Terran just as he had finished his bunkers and was producing tanks (but none were finished). Of course, he dropped my base with Hellions just as I hit his natural, and I lost most of my drones in my main because I just froze up or something.

Zen

Banned
Here's a good post (yes I'm reposting a post from reddit) about the fuller implications of the scrolling trick.

kShade said:
I don't think that many people quite understand the full spectrum of what this is useful for. I spent the last few hours in the unit tester just to play with different ideas and here are my results so far. For reference. I have scroll up as RMB and scroll down as LMB.

Infestor - self explanatory, you can unleash a volley of infested Terran from 10 or more infestors in half of a second. From the opponents perspective you could probably crush an entire army with lings or roaches to buffer the damage while the eggs hatch. Forget fungal growth. Throw 50 ITs out and attacking in >6 seconds. More testing is required.

Queen - simply put, creep spread. Creep tumors in groups, while somewhat vulnerable, spread much faster than by themselves. The scrolling makes spreading tumors completely mindless. Select the group of tumors, hotkey+shift and sweep in and direction while scrolling and they spread in a nearly perfect line at the exact same timing.

Mutalisks - if you have ever watched BW mutant stacking then you can already see where I'm headed. Of course blizzard's smart targeting AI doesn't enable you the same amount of damage potential like in BW. But with clever use of waypointing, your muta ball resembles the size of an overlord and they are so much more deadly when the first few volleys can take out several buildings if you are not careful. Turrets? Cannons? Unless you have several in a clump, the muta ball is stacked so tightly that it takes the space of one unit. Your static defenses will be trying to shoot down 15+ mutas alone. Because with this technique, the mutalisks never spread unless the aggressor wants them to.

Trying to escape a tight area around a base while leaving? Spam the waypoints along the skirts of the map. 20 mutalisks traveling compact. If you are careful you might never lose any of them.

Ghosts - que up snipe on any unit you wish dead. Thank God the ability has an internal cooldown. U leashing a volley of EMP is also quite deadly.

Broodlords - this one may be a bit less useful given the nature of splashed damage. But you can clump the broodlords just like the mutas and with proper tempo, they all unleash a volley of broodlings simultaneously. It is almost never a good idea to clump them. But if your opponent has something like blink sta?lkers and you fungal his archons, the blink stalkers will not be able to target fire the broodlords effectively. It is a dangerous way to risk losing all of your units, but blink stalkers become nearly useless as the clumsily attempt to target fire a tightly clumped ball of zergling launchers. If the protoss tries to toilet, you can simply use your infestors to overload the vortext with ITs in a mere moment and push all the Archons apart when they emerge. That is, if your tightly clumped corruptors didn't already snipe the mothership.

High Templar - Nothing that you would not expect. Spamming feedback on vulnerable ghosts and infestors will give your opponent somewhere between 0 and 0.5 seconds to react before he suddenly starts wondering why he has no ghosts on his hotkey.

Sentry - its great for forefield if you can control the tempo at which you scroll. And because you are using only your mouse hand to place them, it leaves your macro hand free to do other things.

Phoenix - I honestly did not test this unit yet, but I would assume that, just like the muta ball, it will not only be impossible to tell how many that there are in the ball, but you might not even be able to keep an eye on how much energy they have available.

Warp gates - Here is where this technique starts to look like more of an imbalance that needs to be fixed before protoss begins making too much use of it. Top level protoss players are very fast at warping in units already. But imagine warping 15 zealots in the late game so quickly that there is indescernable time between when all of them finish. In a game like start craft, every single second counts and instead of taking two game seconds to warp in units, you took 0.5 and they all finish warping at the same time.

http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/pcr5a/infested_terran_trick_with_the_infestor_by_using/

Now I may be stupid but I don't understand what everyone means by scrolling? I take it to mean the scroll wheel in the middle of your mouse, but how do you do this exactly? You just have shift held down while scrolling the scroll wheel back and forth and manually lciking on the targets? Wat?

cdyhybrid

Here's a good post (yes I'm reposting a post from reddit) about the fuller implications of the scrolling trick.

http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/pcr5a/infested_terran_trick_with_the_infestor_by_using/

Now I may be stupid but I don't understand what everyone means by scrolling? I take it to mean the scroll wheel in the middle of your mouse, but how do you do this exactly? You just have shift held down while scrolling the scroll wheel back and forth and manually lciking on the targets? Wat?

You change keybindings somehow to cause scrolling the mouse wheel to fulfill the same function as left or right clicking. So (with the infested terran example) if I bind "left click" to mouse wheel down, I just hold down the hotkey for infested terran with my left hand, and scroll the mouse wheel down as fast as I can. Every "click" of the mouse wheel scrolling down launches an infested terran, leading to dozens of infested terrans being launch in less than a second if you can spin the wheel fast enough.

Another example: Snipe. Select all your Ghosts, hold down the hotkey for Snipe, mouse over that little Ultralisk over there, spin mouse wheel, and watch it melt under 12 Snipes in 0.5 seconds.

(._.)

Banned
Lost some more on ladder tonight. PvZ I swear is what makes the game not fun for me. I just don't like the match up. Feeling pretty good atm though knowing I got a couple good loses to learn from. Shake helped me out some C:

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Lost some more on ladder tonight. PvZ I swear is what makes the game not fun for me. I just don't like the match up. Feeling pretty good atm though knowing I got a couple good loses to learn from. Shake helped me out some C:
Have you heard about forcefield

(._.)

Banned
ugh, I probably should have got a sentry. IDK the game I lost to a zergling run-by was just a horrible game by me.

Top Bottom