• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

It kinda looks to me that Puma is metagaming MMA since they practice in the same house rather than "outplay" him like what we've seen in the first map from MMA. At the end of the day though, all that matters is the W.

Paches

It kinda looks to me that Puma is metagaming MMA since they practice in the same house rather than "outplay" him like what we've seen in the first map from MMA. At the end of the day though, all that matters is the W.

Yep, played the player, not the race.

Striek

Nah, thats just bias. MMA actually played legitimately awful in game 2 (forgot seige mode, some of the worst drop defence ever etc.). Puma completely outplayed him that series.

Nah, thats just bias. MMA actually played legitimately awful in game 2 (forgot seige mode, some of the worst drop defence ever etc.). Puma completely outplayed him that series.

I don't really care for MMA as much as everyone else, but to me it really looked like Puma metagamed MMA in the 2nd&3rd map, the last map though, MMA's 3 CCs before siege mode was really fragile, his only chance was stimming in the middle of the map and catching puma's first few tanks unsieged.

zargle

A) Is that Grubby casting with Rotterdam right now?
B) Does his tie go through his collar and loop on the outside??

Deadman

Puma still godlike in international competitions, anonymous in Korea. Strange how that works since he usually ends up facing top Koreans anyway.

Deadman

I can't find any info on this supposed HotS announcement today. Anyone know what time it's supposed to happen or something?

Seems that the person on TL who made the post about march 9th being a hots information date got it wrong. People have gone back and listened to the conference call again and there is no mention of march 9th, simply "more information on hots in the coming months"

After this was revealed he requested a 2 week temp ban as punishment, rofl.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=318783&currentpage=25#487

cdyhybrid

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you

Paches

This IEM bullshit has really thrown my sleeping schedule out of whack. I'll probably watch the 3rd place match and just sleep in past the finals. Go MMA and MC.

Watching Destiny coach a scrub to make a billion Mutas against a pure mech terran. The Mutas keep him on two base, but he builds like a billion Thors and hits right when the zerg has little gas for Blords - and kills some before they morph lol

It's in base race mode now, but still...mass Muta rarely beats a billion Thors

cdyhybrid

Watching Destiny coach a scrub to make a billion Mutas against a pure mech terran. The Mutas keep him on two base, but he builds like a billion Thors and hits right when the zerg has little gas for Blords - and kills some before they morph lol

It's in base race mode now, but still...mass Muta rarely beats a billion Thors

There are Mutas and Thors in LoL?

I have nothing to do. Not going out until tomorrow night, I have 5 beers, and I feel too mentally tired to ladder. Maybe I'll have to Destiny it up and play some LoL?

hamchan

I'm more than satisfied with regular GSL that I feel no urge to watch GSTL. The old days of GSTL having the best matches is no more.

Maybe I'm getting burned out on SC2.

cdyhybrid

Prior to the new Code S format, I think GSTL had better games than Code S. But Code S is the best of the best with the new format, so it's obviously (IMO) the league most worthy of paying for.

IEM finals in five minutes.

mc will take it :(

RrTS2.jpg

Terran: 3 gold, 2 silver
Zerg: 2 gold, 3 silver
Protoss: 1 gold, 1 silver

Poor Terran :(

Striek

I hope the next games are more interesting than that. Losing to 3 gate pressure at that time was pretty fucking awful. 3 CC opening into only 3rax, 2 bunkers before going up to medivacs? Stupid.

Edit: Game 2 much better, smart opening from Puma, a few tanks to defend a fast third CC and confuse MC.

Striek

Lol yeah these games haven't been that great.

Puma slaughters MCs army with only marines and tons of probes die, then he forgets to macro, builds two command centres to spend his money and then dies with like 9 medivacs and no units.

-_-

Deadman

He seemed to think the game was over once he emp'd the sentries, didnt even try to micro his army in the fight and then he was suddenly dead.

Top Bottom