• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I want to try out the phoenix upgrade in an actual game :(

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Love the commercials with EG players.

Not Incontrol shelling RAM though.

And now AMD is advertising APUs on an SC II stream.

Zzoram

Love the commercials with EG players.

Not Incontrol shelling RAM though.

And now AMD is advertising APUs on an SC II stream.

I remember an interview where Idra said that the tight RAM timings of his Kingston RAM improved his game. I don't mind promoting products, but I don't like it when they say outright lies about products.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I remember an interview where Idra said that the tight RAM timings of his Kingston RAM improved his game. I don't mind promoting products, but I don't like it when they say outright lies about products.
If 0.2FPS improvements make incontrol a better player, who am I to judge.

Vaporak

Hey 10 phoenixes should beat 30 mutas right?

gg blizz, so stupid.

Listening on the nony stream was amusing too, he was saying how bad the upgrade is, and still is trying to say that.

Just build a couple infestors and keep massing mutas vs upgraded phoenix, works fine apparently. Of course White-ra going for fast carriers was a terrible strategy.

edit: speaking of fast carriers...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I think Hydras should have 7 range to counter the new Phoenixes.
Zealots should come with charge to counter Hydras with 7 range.

Yoshichan

Can someone remind me why ravens take approximately 12 minutes to make?

Aylinato

Remind me to never hire hazard or yoshi for balance.

However the Phoenix is broken now, weeks ago I said they should up the range by one, now blizzard went so herp they derped

Yoshichan

uhh why, from a Terran perspective
No, like worst as in most boring piece of shit unit. A three year old could come up with the idea of the Corrupter. It's just plain bleh.'
I'm working for Blizzard in a couple of years. Look forward to it.

Yoshichan

Corruptors are more exciting then colosi
Not even close. The colossi is a bad-fucking-ass spider-like giant, shoots two lasers out of its mouth, and when they're bunched up in a group, WAR is gonna happen.

Corrupters? They fly... and pew-pew out of their asses... and sometimes they spit green goo on you... yeah.

Aylinato

Not even close. The colossi is a bad-fucking-ass spider-like giant, shoots two lasers out of its mouth, and when they're bunched up in a group, WAR is gonna happen.

Corrupters? They fly... and pew-pew out of their asses... and sometimes they spit green goo on you... yeah.

Colosi are a sorry excuse of a unit that took out one of the most interesting units in the entire game. Reavers are amazing to see micro. Corropturs are 100% better than 1a colosi

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Basically every unit is terrible. Nothing new here.

However the Phoenix is broken now, weeks ago I said they should up the range by one, now blizzard went so herp they derped
In that situation if someone who spent a lot of time practicing Carrier/VR do you not think they could have done better? No one is a prime candidate to show what those units are capable of, and there might very well not be anyone because they are being removed.

Yoshichan

Colosi are a sorry excuse of a unit that took out one of the most interesting units in the entire game. Reavers are amazing to see micro. Corropturs are 100% better than 1a colosi
:( Just... no.

Yoshichan

Nah, you can do some cute drop harass with Colossus at least. Corrupters are just bleh.
It would be cool if you could see the colossi in the warp prism like you can do with thor inside the medivac!

Make it happen Blizz~

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Nah, you can do some cute drop harass with Colossus at least. Corrupters are just bleh.
True. They deal damage before the beams come out if dropped from Warp prism. Like you can drop it on roaches and take no damage.

If b.net wasn't so shit maybe we'd see this in more games.

Yoshichan

U would make a terrible game designer. You think colosi are cooler then the reaver?

No just no, don't talk about which units are cool.
The reaver is fucking amazing. I was simply not agreeing with you on the rest.

Blizzard's take on PvZ seems to be less about balance and more about direct check mate hard counters. Immortals hard counter Roaches, Cols hard counter Hydras, Archon toilet hard counters Brood Lords, now upgraded Phoenix hard counters Mutas.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Also hazard I was talking about making other units buff to balance the broken phoenixs.
?
Never mentioned buffing any unit.
Blizzard's take on PvZ seems to be less about balance and more about direct check mate hard counters. Immortals hard counter Roaches, Cols hard counter Hydras, Archon toilet hard counters Brood Lords, not upgraded Phoenix hard counters Mutas.
Protoss >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Zerg Ground
Zerg Air + Hive on 5 base + Infestor >>> Protoss

herpderp

Aylinato

Blizzard's take on PvZ seems to be less about balance and more about direct check mate hard counters. Immortals hard counter Roaches, Cols hard counter Hydras, Archon toilet hard counters Brood Lords, not upgraded Phoenix hard counters Mutas.
I hate when developers think like that.

Aylinato

Basically every unit is terrible. Nothing new here.

In that situation if someone who spent a lot of time practicing Carrier/VR do you not think they could have done better? No one is a prime candidate to show what those units are capable of, and there might very well not be anyone because they are being removed.

Sry I meant someone else

?
Never mentioned buffing any unit.

Protoss >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Zerg Ground
Zerg Air + Hive on 5 base + Infestor >>> Protoss

herpderp

It's not my fault Toss aren't smart enough to have 5-6 Gateways in late game to pump out units so they don't have to focus on warping in units while trying to micro

The first Toss who figures out the proper Warpgate to Gateway ratio will dominate the game

Yoshichan

They need to change how warp-mechanics work

It doesn't work late-game.

Yoshichan

hit me up with dat mumble info

i'll be on it like a

utAsi.jpg

edit: don't you dare lol me

Yoshichan

wtf is that gibberish

why must mumble be so complicated

Yoshichan

THERE IS NO EXCITEMENT HERE

ONLY TRUE LOVE

I want to talk to you

But I must wait

Top Bottom