• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'll look at this post tomorrow and regret it... make a cap for gateways. They should only be able to warp in from like 10 gates at a time.

Ok good night!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Laugh all you want. I've been to the mountain top. I have a dream that one day Toss will build macro Nexuses, bank chrono, and continually pump out units off 4-6 Gateways to compliment the units they warp in with their 6-10 Warpgates.
Maxed army.
Units die.
Tell me why waiting 42 seconds is better than warping in anywhere on the map in 5?

Two possibilities:
1) It could be used if you proxied gates and did a double production timing making gateway -> warpgate. It would still be terrible, but I think it would have at least some advantage.
2) After a big engagement AWAY from your base with NO threat of harassment in 30s AND you've lost more than 60 supply + you have enough gateways to replenish 1/2 your lost supply, change to warp, then warp-in.
If you have lost 60 supply you can just warp, chrono, warp and it's just as fast to get Gateways x 4 (food) and you aren't vulnerable.

That is if cooldowns reset. I think they mentioned it once or twice.
It's easier and safer to just warp.

Neither of which you posted. Why the fuck would you rally if you can warp? Toss strength is by being able to push massive supply instantly anywhere on the map.

Maxed army.
Units die.
Tell me why waiting 42 seconds is better than warping in anywhere on the map in 5?

Two possibilities:
1) It could be used if you proxied gates and did a double production timing making gateway -> warpgate. It would still be terrible, but I think it would have at least some advantage.
2) After a big engagement AWAY from your base with NO threat of harassment in 30s AND you've lost more than 60 supply + you have enough gateways to replenish 1/2 your lost supply, change to warp, then warp-in.
If you have lost 60 supply you can just warp, chrono, warp and it's just as fast to get Gateways x 4 (food) and you aren't vulnerable.

That is if cooldowns reset. I think they mentioned it once or twice.
It's easier and safer to just warp.

Neither of which you posted. Why the fuck would you rally if you can warp? Toss strength is by being able to push massive supply instantly anywhere on the map.

I'll just let the future prove me right.

Paches

I know it's BW, but anyone watching Khan/Stars match? Brave had the biggest shit eating grin I've ever seen when he was about to win his match. It was hilarious.

Zzoram

So Jinro is playing Cella in his GSL Code A qualifier group right now. Whoever wins gets to play a 300 point masters player who got super lucky and got 5 byes straight into the finals of his bracket due to no shows. This is Jinro's chance to get back into GSL.

hamchan

So Jinro is playing Cella in his GSL Code A qualifier group right now. Whoever wins gets to play a 300 point masters player who got super lucky and got 5 byes straight into the finals of his bracket due to no shows. This is Jinro's chance to get back into GSL.

I hope Cella wins.

BigAT

No, it was that POS BigAT that got into Masters. And no, I can't let it go.

Stop getting banned, Yoshi. You missed out on drunk Splinter, Nix being awesome, Shake being the scrubbiest player ever, Hazard commentating again, Tashi becoming the rising star of Team Gaf, panda diving deeper into pony fandom, etc.

ZkcXk.jpg

What?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
How good are reapers for mid to late game harassment? Depend on the map and race? I would imagine it would work best against Protoss and Zerg. More so Protoss. I would guess they could do a lot of damage to workers with like 1-1 or 2-1 or whatever.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What the fuck happened yesterday?
How good are reapers for mid to late game harassment? Depend on the map and race? I would imagine it would work best against Protoss and Zerg. More so Protoss. I would guess they could do a lot of damage to workers with like 1-1 or 2-1 or whatever.
Not efficient.

1. Takes too long to make.
2. Requires tech lab, which should be making marauders at all times.
3. Medivac drops, filled with stimmed marines/marauders is the better choice if you wanna kill shit in a toss base.

edit: God, my neck hurts so much. What did I even do last night...

Seronei

Not efficient.

3. Medivac drops, filled with stimmed marines/marauders is the better choice if you wanna kill shit in a toss base.

They are actually really good late late game. They kill zealots and expansions quick as fuck. But you should get maxed once before starting to make them. Thorzain has used them to great success.

jasonng

Because my computer is a hot mess!

Edit:

On an unrelated note, I hear you Canadians now have (nearly) fully caffeinated mountain dew! Have fun kicking those addictions!

I thought the only appeal of Dew was it's high caffeine content. Were canadans seriously drinking it for its disgusting taste?

Yoshichan

Remember the girl I was talking about? Look what she made me :D

MrG5d.jpg

A keeper, right? A KEEPER.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

Not efficient.

They are actually really good late late game. They kill zealots and expansions quick as fuck. But you should get maxed once before starting to make them. Thorzain has used them to great success.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Q8D3vil

maybe we will see more of them if they got buffed (build time).
reapers with marauders build time will probably fix tvp end game.

Deadman

maybe we will see more of them if they got buffed (build time).
reapers with marauders build time will probably fix tvp end game.

And break early game.

Dota 2 streamer TobiWan has had his stream on for 34 hours commentating several different tournaments with only a 2 hour break. Funny how tastosis can only manage 3 hours 2 days a week.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
It's a tradeoff on build time and gas.
MMM drops do just fine for harassment and are a better fighting force.
50gas a reaper is a lot and cuts into your 'counters' (Ghosts, Vikings)
Remember the girl I was talking about? Look what she made me :D

A keeper, right? A KEEPER.
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. If a korean girl wrote down the definition of e-han timing I wouldn't let her go.

Yoshichan

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. If a korean girl wrote down the definition of e-han timing I wouldn't let her go.
Trust me, you'll want to see it! Hazaro will shit his pants!
^ Also, she LOVES watching Brood War. Heck, when I brought up BW, she just couldn't stfu about some of the matches she had seen :lol

Zzoram

I hope Cella wins.

Cella beat Jinro then lost 1-2 to the low masters player who got all byes to the finals of his bracket. That guy has no team and is likely going to bomb out of Code A so hard lolol. Either that or he's going to be some kind of out-of-nowhere star.

Deadman

Cella beat Jinro then lost 1-2 to the low masters player who got all byes to the finals of his bracket. That guy has no team and is likely going to bomb out of Code A so hard lolol. Either that or he's going to be some kind of out-of-nowhere star.

Time for jinro to finally admit its over.

Yoshichan

I missed the story. Who is this girl and why is she so into Starcraft?
When FoxeR won MLG, I decided that I wanted to party my ass off so I road tripped to a friend and I met this girl who apparently loves SC (mostly BW). She knows how to speak/write Korean and that baffled me, so I begged her to pronounce some of the stuff they say in SC2 (which she found hilarious). We spoke a lot that day and since then she's been giving me these small "gifts" from time to time (example: the picture above).

Aaaaand that's it <,<

scogoth

When FoxeR won MLG, I decided that I wanted to party my ass off so I road tripped to a friend and I met this girl who apparently loves SC (mostly BW). She knows how to speak/write Korean and that baffled me, so I begged her to pronounce some of the stuff they say in SC2 (which she found hilarious). We spoke a lot that day and since then she's been giving me these small "gifts" from time to time (example: the picture above).

Aaaaand that's it <,<

You should take her on a trip........ to barcraft TORONTO!!!!!!

Zzoram

Aaaaand that's it <,<

You need to ask her to hang out and watch Starcraft or something. Pursue this if you find her remotely attractive, you'll never meet another girl like that again. Even if you don't find her attractive, become her friend so she can translate stuff for you.

Yoshichan

You should take her on a trip........ to barcraft TORONTO!!!!!!
&#9829; I'm going to Canada sometime this year (meeting up with some WoW-people) :3
You need to ask her to hang out and watch Starcraft or something. Pursue this if you find her remotely attractive, you'll never meet another girl like that again. Even if you don't find her attractive, become her friend so she can translate stuff for you.
Yeaaaah... she's 210 miles away from me ._. but still, yeah I need to do something special for her someday.

Yoshichan

You! Don't you dare talk to my friends like that!

I like both the SC and WoW-community for what they are :3 I know they don't get along but I'm the guy who can always be placed in between two hostile groups - then I start sprinkling my Yoshi-love &#9829;

Zzoram

Where in Canada are you going and when? If it's during a Barcraft weekend and you're in Toronto, you know you have to show up.

Zzoram

Turns out uRGGanDol, the team-less low level Masters player who beat Cella and got into Code A was a former Broodwar player on STX. He might not be that scrubby after all.

Yoshichan

Where in Canada are you going and when? If it's during a Barcraft weekend and you're in Toronto, you know you have to show up.
Boo :( I guess that's not gonna happen 'cuz I'm heading to Edmonton, Alberta ._.

Yoshichan

LOL, this game sucks.

@D3vil, sorry I won't be able to play today. Just played four games with a toss and I'm completely out of it today. Losing to three gate pressure like a bouse... yeah... no. Fuck.
Please god no!!!!
I always sprinkle my love, it's how I work. I'm doing it right now. To you. Can you feel it?

:3

Top Bottom