• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

lol Jinro

Even InControl started winning games after his race was buffed (last time he placed well in MLG). Jinro's inability to advance makes no sense, unless he's simply not practicing or just doesn't "get" the game anymore. Seems like all he can do now is beat Idra

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Jinro practices a lot.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
He just practices incorrectly apparently. He must be mindlessly laddering instead of focusing on his weaknesses and fixing them.
That's pretty much what I think is happening.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Puma is a class above Boxer so it's not surprising that he could hurt himself and still win.

He just practices incorrectly apparently. He must be mindlessly laddering instead of focusing on his weaknesses and fixing them.
He was laddering the other day for like 12 hrs lol

Zzoram

MKP spent 5 hours in a marine micro training map on stream once. There is a reason his micro against banelings is so good, he practices it more than anyone else.

Ladder is good for practicing general skills, but you need customs against good players to practice specific timings and uncommon builds or uncommon situations.

Yoshichan

MKP spent 5 hours in a marine micro training map on stream once. There is a reason his micro against banelings is so good, he practices it more than anyone else.
Sounds like the shit I tend to do ._. Got a vod?

Zzoram

Sounds like the shit I tend to do ._. Got a vod?

I don't know if the MarineKingPrime stream on TL records VODs, but apparently he plays the marine micro trainer every now and then so if you check his stream occasionally you might see it.

I don't know the map in question, but I heard that there was some marine micro challenge that gets increasingly difficult and he managed to do it for 45+ minutes without losing.

Yoshichan

!!! I need to borrow someones US SC2 account, stat! Anyone :_: (PM! ♥) ?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you

Its funny how much incontrol was talking down upon the specific micro trainers and then that was brought up.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Micro trainers are really important because the game is going to be much more micro based as time goes on.

Learning how much capability certain groups of units have is essential when everyone's macro is about equal.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
qhEAc.jpg

Mcrae such a hacker!

Yoshichan

I want to be named yoshichanGAF :(

Yoshichan

Too many letters T_T

Scout it?

I always scout it, alongside 5 spine crawlers. A solid roach timing can counter it; you can either outright win or do enough damage to slow down the Mutas. But if that doesn't work you're fucked.

All my Roach shit was shut down tonight by Mutas, I had to log off in disgrace.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I always scout it, alongside 5 spine crawlers. A solid roach timing can counter it; you can either outright win or do enough damage to slow down the Mutas. But if that doesn't work you're fucked.

All my Roach shit was shut down tonight by Mutas, I had to log off in disgrace.
Suicide roaches into his base while you make spores?

Mutas kill roaches pretty slow.

TheExodu5

Banned
Maybe it's because I'm gold/plat at best, but 2 base muta has never been an issue for me. When I scout it, 2 more queens pop up and I'll put 2 spores up if absolutely necessary. If they have no defense, a heavy roach attack will demolish them (unless it's a super long map maybe).

It hasn't gotten beyond that for m, but I assume if they put up a bunch of spines in response, you should probably get some infestors asap and take a third. Infestors should shut down the muta threat permanently.

Zzoram

Mass Queens is excellent against Mutalisks because they are great anti-air, but also because Muta/Ling players don't really benefit from creep spread, but if you're going Hydra/Roach, you do.

Top Bottom