• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

profit

Just tried mech in TvT. Blue flame drop, killed all his workers. Somehow he kept producing marauders and suicided them into my siege lines. Scouted all of his base, nothing....
He took my gold at the start of the game.....
Herp scouting; xel naga tower derp.

I won the game though.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
We’ve heard concerns about the StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty social experience and many of these comments boil down to, “the service feels empty” and “I don’t know where to go to find people.” We have some simple fixes we’re going to put into the chat system to try to give players some additional connectivity. These aren’t huge fixes, but they may help players who want a more social experience.

First, we’ll allow players to resize their chat windows to fill a larger portion of the screen.

Blizzard:
ohiro.jpg

Stephano also has lots of viewers because he has an almost attractive androgynous look. Girls like him, some guys might like him too. I know I do

(._.)

Banned
idra is pretty much just around at this point to sell those dumb t-shirts of him as godzilla.

I would be willing to bet $100,000 idra will never win a GSL or many major tournaments in his career.

Zzoram

Idra peaked soon after the beta. He trained in Korea for 2 years for Broodwar and still couldn't beat foreigners consistently. Idra just doesn't have the stuff to hang with the best regardless of training.

Part of Idra's problem is his refusal to change his play when the metagame calls for it. It took him ages to move from Roach/Corrupter to any Infestor play (even before the Infestor nerfs), and instead spent his time complaining about the matchup.

When I see DRG or Stephano making ZvP look straight up silly, I can't help but shake my head that Idra is still losing to the same 6 gate timings, proxy pylons taking out third expansions, etc that he's been losing against for more than a year.

Initially I figured he'd do relatively well this year, ie placing decently in some MLGs or getting far in a European tournament. But considering he simply cannot beat protoss, I doubt he'll win much of anything this year.

Deadman

Remember when he said marineking was a gimmick player who would fade away.

Remember when he said nestea was not very good.

The list goes on.

Zzoram

Idra has always been a whiney idiot. In Broodwar he played Terran and bitched about Protoss being imbalanced. In Broodwar, Terrans won almost every tournament and Protoss won the fewest, but that doesn't matter to Idra because his mindset is that he is never at fault, the game is simply broken.

In SC2 Protoss is once again the weakest race by tournament results but Idra is complaining about balance again.

Zzoram

well he was right about that!

No he wasn't right. Nestea has 3 GSL championships including a flawless victory. Nestea had been in EVERY season of Code S and is the only player other than NaDa to do that. Nestea also reached at least the Ro16 every time IIRC. He is by far the most consistent and successful Zerg. He's been showing some weakness lately but he still won his Code A match the day after flying back from MLG WA and requalified for Code S.

Zzoram

Remember when he said marineking was a gimmick player who would fade away.

Remember when he said nestea was not very good.

The list goes on.

MarineKing has always been a top 3 Terran but also somehow underrated.

He gets a lot of silvers because he's good enough to keep making it to the finals. Getting a bunch of 2nd places is much harder than getting a single 1st place because it's harder to be consistent than streaky.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Any great streams on atm?

No he wasn't right. Nestea has 3 GSL championships including a flawless victory. Nestea had been in EVERY season of Code S and is the only player other than NaDa to do that. Nestea also reached at least the Ro16 every time IIRC. He is by far the most consistent and successful Zerg. He's been showing some weakness lately but he still won his Code A match the day after flying back from MLG WA and requalified for Code S.

I'm joking, although I still believe Nestea has shown an inability to deal with the Terran metagame changes. I certainly believe part of it is a problem with balance, but there are zergs out there who can effectively shut down Terran abuse.

Idra is going to prove training in Korea doesn't mean much if you aren't invested in truly getting better. He's got very good mechanics, great macro, good micro etc....but just seems unable to handle certain things. His mentality seems to be "I have 4 base, you have 3 base, I have more stuff. I should win" but that just isn't the case in ZvP.

You never see Idra doing 3 base Roach rushes, which is basically a zerg timing attack, or any other aggressive stuff to be honest.

He's fallen far in terms of the foreigner scene. Huk, Naniwa, Sen, Stephano, etc are all better. I'd imagine Nerchio is better too

Zzoram

I personally think the "Idra's macro is so great" is an exaggeration. I don't think his macro is any better than a typical Korean Zerg. His decision making is far worse though.

Idra has awful unit control, it's like he doesn't even know how to attack, probably because he thinks the game should be a no rush 20 and he should win by simply starving out his enemy, Thorzain style. He jokes about Protoss or Terran being 1-a races but that's exactly how he plays Zerg and he loses to Protoss and Terran players who micro.

Non-aggressive players like Idra and Thorzain will never achieve the highest level of success because they never control the pace of the game. When you play a top Korean, he's always in your face so you can't do what you want, throwing you off and forcing you into mistakes that he will capitalize on to crush you.

V_Arnold

New patch coming... "soon"

gee, if only there existed a technology that can connect 2 machines to each other without going through underground pipes half way across the country and back again, someday we will have that luxury, someday... maybe...

Cheap imitation of LAN coming with HotS when they release it in 2014? Great.

If it can keep on working without battle.net then great, if not then its almost completely worthless.

Yeah, so eliminating lag (potentially) and improving gameplay experience for LAN-like settings is worthless now, right? o_O

Any improvement is an improvement over a model that already works :p

Stop ignoring my posts!

I am not ignoring anyone on GAF :D I am just lazy to check back o_o EDIT: Thanks, I see the link now.

Zzoram

I didn't read that as LAN-like at all.

All it's saying is that you can get matchmaking to prefer people on the same IP address so if you're at a LAN you'll be more likely to play each other through matchmaking.

Top Bottom