• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Deadman

Yeah, so eliminating lag (potentially) and improving gameplay experience for LAN-like settings is worthless now, right? o_O

Any improvement is an improvement over a model that already works :p

I am not ignoring anyone on GAF :D I am just lazy to check back o_o EDIT: Thanks, I see the link now.

If it can do those things then great, but as i said if its actually still sending everything off to battle.net then its just as broken as it is already.

From the way they word it the feature could just be a pseudo friends list that shows who is online on the same ip address as you.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
WoW is having the same problem right now :3

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
only 240p available? wtf ._.

WedgeX

Banned
Considering investing in a laptop, with the refusal of my desktop to come back to life. Anyone gaming on one currently? Any relatively cheap, reliable ones to recommend?

Yoshichan

Haven't watched IdrA play in a long, long time... I'm not even sure he's gotten any better?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Haven't watched IdrA play in a long, long time... I'm not even sure he's gotten any better?

What's the point of practicing? Protoss is just so imba, there is nothing you can do about it.

(Herp derp)

Yoshichan

What's the point of practicing? Protoss is just so imba, there is nothing you can do about it.

(Herp derp)
Actual quote?

edit: nevermind, thought that sentence was in quotation :lol

Striek

Does anyone know how the featured streaming works on TL? Why are there Dota/LoL players that are featured streamers?
The TL staff picks the streamers, mostly based on stream numbers/name recognition. TL is trying to become an all around "esports" site hence Dota/Lol/Hon streamers and events listed in the calender.

So basically the answer to both questions is money.

Yoshichan

IdrAs ZvP is fucking disgusting, ugh.

"This game's a joke"

Striek

Why is IdrA so terrible.
Mechanics are fine, and his ability to read the game is excellent, he just doesn't respond appropriately. Like last game, muta/ling and he keeps trying to engage the protoss heads up and rages on about protoss when he loses. Protoss without storm? 30+ mutas? Attack his main army!

-.-

Yoshichan

Builds mutas. Doesn't do a lick of harassment. Why does he even bother with mutas?
He tried harassing at the start of the game... but shit, that was all :/

Yoshichan

At least he thanks us for watching nowadays :p Last time I watched him stream, he rage quit.

Yoshichan

I didn't even think that was possible...?

Hazaro, I'm confused :_:

Zzoram

Thats not build your own! thats like going to alienware and picking specs.

Dell usually lets you pick CPU, GPU, HDD, RAM, as do most online laptop retailers.

It's only in-store laptops that you can't configure to your liking, they typically come with either the cheapest configuration or have the highest end everything but a terrible GPU.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Considering investing in a laptop, with the refusal of my desktop to come back to life. Anyone gaming on one currently? Any relatively cheap, reliable ones to recommend?

Dell/Alienware laptops, while a little overpriced, are actually really reliable. I still have one from 2005 that still runs relatively smoothly. Currently, I play all my games on the alienware m11x and it does the job quite fine on medium settings for most games. I'll admit it was pretty pricy at around ~$900 but you can probably find a cheaper, albeit heavier and with a weaker battery alternative.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I think MSI and ASUS still have the best gaming value for the price.
You'll lose out on screen res or CPU, but you'll get a nice beefy GPU.

Overall I'm not sure. Probably whatever outlet/promotion deal is going on.

Paches

I just won a really tough TvZ (My worst match up) and goddamn it requires too much micro for me. You absolutely can't get tired or lazy on drop harrass, splitting, and constant pressure on the zerg or else they just get out of control. I was surprised by my own performance actually, I felt kinda awesome afterwards.

Yoshichan

I just won a really tough TvZ (My worst match up) and goddamn it requires too much micro for me. You absolutely can't get tired or lazy on drop harrass, splitting, and constant pressure on the zerg or else they just get out of control. I was surprised by my own performance actually, I felt kinda awesome afterwards.
TvZ is the only match-up that's making me play SC2. It makes me feel like a bouse.

Yoshichan

As a Protoss player this TvZ talk is making me feel left out :(
Don't worry about it, PvT is single-handedly the worst match-up in the game! :3

Zzoram

My PvT is awful because I so rarely get to play it.

At Platinum level, it seems like everyone is Zerg or Protoss but Terrans are mostly absent. I think someone analyzed the world ladders and found that there are few Terrans in the lower leagues but that things even out around Grand Masters.

hamchan

It kinda sucks to be Terran right now. Constant nerfs and TvP being extremely hard for the Terrans really brings down the motivation to keep playing. It's always been a very hard race to play because it's so micro intensive but it's extremely rewarding at the top level. Seeing as how most people can't reach that level then it just becomes super frustrating to play in the Gold to Diamond range.

Q8D3vil

It kinda sucks to be Terran right now. Constant nerfs and TvP being extremely hard for the Terrans really brings down the motivation to keep playing. It's always been a very hard race to play because it's so micro intensive but it's extremely rewarding at the top level. Seeing as how most people can't reach that level then it just becomes super frustrating to play in the Gold to Diamond range.
yeah, i lost motivation in playing with terran after i reached the very low of masters 3 seasons ago, plus the fact mescaline quit playing the game (rivalry motivates me a lot).
i don't have any motivation in wanting to become better than plat zerg right now especially with the way zvz works.

gg sc2, cya in hots

Mairu

I wasn't too surprised about Taeja but Ganzi was unexpected considering he actually got a decent amount of opportunities to represent Slayers in foreign tournaments. Hope they both get good offers as they're both good players. TL thread seems to be saying that Ganzi is doing military service soon though

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=13901680
First off, Ganzi left SlayerS because of his enlistment period and his desire to play for a foreign team. Ganzi has been a long time gamer ever since the BW days, and now he must soon enlist in to the army. Before he goes to the army, Ganzi expressed his wishes to be in a foreign team until then in order to experience what it was like.

Taeja, who never even lived in the SlayerS team house, was very used to his own individual practice routine, decided to leave SlayerS also to pursue an opportunity with a foreign team. Taeja stated that "as a former SlayerS player, he was going to take this opportunity to play for a foreign team while producing good results worthy of a professional Korean gamer."

Top Bottom