• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It would explain a lot. There are lots of syndromes, im sure you have at least one of them.
But this started just three days ago (and I just recovered from a flew). I've had problems with my hands before, but it's a slightly different issue (and it only happens when I play Starcraft). Whenever I play for more than 2 hours, I really, REALLY need to take an hour break because my wrists will kill me. But again, this only happens when I play SC... it's frikkin' weird man.

But this started just three days ago (and I just recovered from a flew). I've had problems with my hands before, but it's a slightly different issue (and it only happens when I play Starcraft). Whenever I play for more than 2 hours, I really, REALLY need to take an hour break because my wrists will kill me. But again, this only happens when I play SC... it's frikkin' weird man.

Do your hands shake? Maybe you have an STD.

cdyhybrid

What's standard ZvP nowadays? I've given up on my quest to be the NA Stephano and I'm just gonna do what works for me. Spam Roaches and tech to Brood/Infestor? Ling/Muta into Broods?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Take a few days. It makes a difference.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/4593795
We recently invited you to help us choose two Global StarCraft II League (GSL) maps for the StarCraft II ladder map pool. We’re excited to now announce the winners of that poll. These GSL tournament maps will be joining the ladder pool in season 7:

Daybreak

Metropolis

In addition, Ohana, the community created map by IronManSC and Team ESV, will also be joining the map pool.

Not only will Daybreak, Metropolis, and Ohana be joining the map pool, but we’re also experimenting with expanding the overall size of the pool from eight maps to ten in season 7.

Even though the pool is growing larger, this means that one of the old maps must go. Now it’s time to cast your vote on the map you believe should be retired from the season 7 ladder pool. One week from today, we’ll tally your votes and bid farewell to the map you selected.

When choosing which map should go, please keep these qualities in mind:

Balance
Map Size
Rush Distances
Fun

Which map should be retired from the ladder pool for season 7?
(2) Cloud Kingdom LE
(2) Korhal Compound LE
(4) Antiga Shipyard
(4) Entombed Valley
(4) Metalopolis
(4) Shakuras Plataeu
(4) Tal’darim Altar LE
(4) The Shattered Temple

hmmmmm

cdyhybrid

Shattered easily. Someone help me with ZvP please =\ I'm losing every single game to Protoss and I have no idea what to do. I just lost to 2base mass Void Ray with Infestor/Corruptor.

What's standard ZvP nowadays? I've given up on my quest to be the NA Stephano and I'm just gonna do what works for me. Spam Roaches and tech to Brood/Infestor? Ling/Muta into Broods?

I've been practicing double expanding on maps that allow it. You just have to scout and be ready for whatever they throw at you (normally I see +1 zealot timings, or Void Rays).

Then pump out a shit ton of Roaches and add whatever tech you need

cdyhybrid

I've been practicing double expanding on maps that allow it. You just have to scout and be ready for whatever they throw at you (normally I see +1 zealot timings, or Void Rays).

Then pump out a shit ton of Roaches and add whatever tech you need

Yeah, I've been trying that, but I'm having trouble scouting. My Overlord usually dies before it can see anything. It might see a Void Ray, but (like my last ZvP) I didn't see that he had 3 fucking Stargates pumping them out. I can sac 2 OLs but that's pretty costly that early on, and I'm still not guaranteed to see anything.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I vetoed that on the first day it was in the map pool. Few weeks ago I un-vetoed it to give it another chance...whoops. Fuck that
I did the exact same thing.

Yoshichan

Blizzard is never going to take away Tal'darim.

Corran Horn

XQynS.jpg
The new map

I wish you could create your own custom ladders, featuring up to 50 of your friends. Would be perfect for allowing sites to match their members against each other, like GAF v Reddit v TL, etc.

Yoshichan

Yoshichan

Shameless advertisements to your streams :/

cdyhybrid

http://www.mediafire.com/?f95f497uk6r9q8x

Can anyone help me with this one? What could I have done differently? I did what I thought was pretty standard as far as the build and gas timings and stuff until he pushed out. I just didn't have enough Drones, but I didn't really make any units until he moved out.

-ZvT on Korhal
-he pushes with 8ish Marines and 2 Tanks and expands behind it
-sieges up outside my base because I have no units because I'm still trying to saturate 2 bases
-I just die because I can't break it, and don't have enough Drones because I had to make units to stay alive, which means I can't make enough units to break his siege

Corran Horn

http://www.mediafire.com/?f95f497uk6r9q8x

Can anyone help me with this one? What could I have done differently? I did what I thought was pretty standard as far as the build and gas timings and stuff until he pushed out. I just didn't have enough Drones, but I didn't really make any units until he moved out.

-ZvT on Korhal
-he pushes with 8ish Marines and 2 Tanks and expands behind it
-sieges up outside my base because I have no units because I'm still trying to saturate 2 bases
-I just die because I can't break it, and don't have enough Drones because I had to make units to stay alive, which means I can't make enough units to break his siege

You had like 1k+ gas near middle of his attack. If your not gonna go mutas right when spire is up, pull drones from gas to minerals if you need more $. You have like almost half of your drones mining gas which is useless for you in that point of the game.

Zzoram

I wish you could create your own custom ladders, featuring up to 50 of your friends. Would be perfect for allowing sites to match their members against each other, like GAF v Reddit v TL, etc.

If only Blizzard put some more effort into supporting this game, it could be so much better. Right now their support has been weak as shit.

Still no group replay viewing or clans or Battle.net weekly tournaments, despite Warcraft 3 having all of those things 10 years ago. Also, Blizzard needs to embed Twitch.tv streams of major tournaments right into the SC2 splash page to boost viewership like LoL does.

Sounds like you are experiencing the very begginnings of an RSI (repeated stress injury).

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2006/04/avoiding-rsi.html

Try to adjust your arrangement so you arent resting your wrists on your desk, you should have your hands resting on "bubbles" sorry if that doesnt make any sense, my Piano teacher was the first one to tell me about that and how to avoid it and thats the advice she gave me and it just stuck lol.

Yoshichan

Try to adjust your arrangement so you arent resting your wrists on your desk, you should have your hands resting on "bubbles" sorry if that doesnt make any sense, my Piano teacher was the first one to tell me about that and how to avoid it and thats the advice she gave me and it just stuck lol.
So I should talk to a doctor about this? Is it really worth it?
My bet is yoshi's hands got hurt from smashing keyboards and punching walls.
... and you're supposed to be my bro...

Yoshichan

Dont you have free health care? Man I would be talking to doctors about everything!
Yeah, we have free health care... but I'm scared to go to a doctor ._. everytime I do, they give me bad news.

Zzoram

Dont you have free health care? Man I would be talking to doctors about everything!

You'd be surprised. Free or not, people don't like the hassle of making appointments and going to see a doctor unless there is something really bothering them.

Even so, people with free health care tend to get things diagnosed and treated while they are still minor problems, making it much cheaper than dealing with the problem after it's fully developed.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Right there's a key balance to having people go just enough (preventive care).
That's why there are often co pays of $10 as it cuts down those people who go 3 times a week, but cheap enough to be accessible for all.

Also sign me up for the no health insurance crew. Stay free America.

Corran Horn

Living on the razor's edge my friend.

(Haven't been to a doctor in 2 years, yay America!)

Ive been to the ER like 4-5 times in my life (Kidney stones). Have not been to the doctors office in probably like 6~ years besides when I was required to go to doctor in order to go to ER for insurance reasons :/

Yoshichan

You guys could be dying right this instant... go to a doctor tomorrow ffs!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
You guys could be dying right this instant... go to a doctor tomorrow ffs!

I would love to, if I didn't have ~$80 in my bank account. Which I need for gas and food for the rest of the semester.

Top Bottom