• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

cdyhybrid

Seems like you've got a bit of a mental/attitude problem at the minute dude, take a break for a couple of days, watch some streams or some games from the last couple of tournaments and start afresh this weekend or something? Might help a bit anyways :)

Actually, I'm being a little more pessimistic than I actually feel. I'm very calm going into the games, I'm just kind of lost once I actually get into the game. I just beat a Plat guy so I guess the Silver dude was on a win streak or something. And I don't want to watch anything that isn't GSL :p There are some good streams on at the moment but I wanted to squeeze in as many games as I could today before I have to go back to work this week. Can't get better if I don't play a lot...

P? Drop? What they hell is he going to drop that you can't kill in 10 seconds after you obliterate his shitty army with 100 food of roaches?

Z beats P just by pure amounts of shit before P gets the death splash damage of tech.
Or go muta.

I'm no ZvP expert but it seems like you aren't putting enough importance on making tons of shit and winning an engagement at the right time. That's 80% of it right there.

I was worried about him warping in DTs, specifically. I guess the one main question I have is I am unsure of when to tech and when to spam Roaches. I feel like I have to be maxed on Roaches at all times or I'll die.

But yeah, duly noted. Thanks for all the feedback, everyone.

Snowman

I'm no ZvP expert but it seems like you aren't putting enough importance on making tons of shit and winning an engagement at the right time. That's 80% of it right there.

Well there's two ways you can go after you kill a push like that, you can either completely commit to the kills straight away and just pump units, but you have to attack way more quickly than he did. Or you can sit back play passively and tech up/drone up a bit more yourself, you can't try and go half and half :/

cdyhybrid

If he warps in DT's what does that mean?
You should PRAY he's warping in DTs. Unless it's 4 of them to kill your 3rd.

That's exactly what I was worried about, haha. There's no way I'd be able to save it if I had my army in the middle of the map, so I kept going back =\

Well there's two ways you can go after you kill a push like that, you can either completely commit to the kills straight away and just pump units, but you have to attack way more quickly than he did. Or you can sit back play passively and tech up/drone up a bit more yourself, you can't try and go half and half :/

Yeah, I usually would prefer to just hold off the push and tech up to Broods and go win with those *unless* I see that I can win immediately by just running into his base - this is usually pretty rare in my ZvP games because I don't often push back after killing his push. I'm just confused on when to spend my gas on what. Do I:

1)max on Roaches to stay alive?
2)tech straight to Broods?
3)get out some Infestors now or save them for later?

Stuff like that. I'm thinking of switching to Muta/Ling after holding off the initial Immortal/Gateway push. How would that work out?

Snowman

That's exactly what I was worried about, haha. There's no way I'd be able to save it if I had my army in the middle of the map, so I kept going back =\

Yeah, I usually would prefer to just hold off the push and tech up to Broods and go win with those *unless* I see that I can win immediately by just running into his base - this is usually pretty rare in my ZvP games because I don't often push back after killing his push. I'm just confused on when to spend my gas on what. Do I:

Stuff like that.

You just killed his army with immortals in it, if you take the xel naga then you see his expo and there's no way he can afford to be doing all that and dropping DTs.. Plus even if you push and lose your third to DTs, you just kill him easy cause he's just spent all that money on a warp prism, DT tech and the DTs so he'd have no other units like at all..

Snowman

Stuff like that. I'm thinking of switching to Muta/Ling after holding off the initial Immortal/Gateway push. How would that work out?

It'd be way easier if you were gonna go muta/ling to just skip the roaches and go muta ling from the start but you could always try it and see if it works for you

cdyhybrid

It'd be way easier if you were gonna go muta/ling to just skip the roaches and go muta ling from the start but you could always try it and see if it works for you

But I wouldn't be able to hold the Immortal Gateway push with just Lings right? Because it usually comes before Mutas are out, AFAIK...

MVP is streaming on IM's stream :O

Snowman

But I wouldn't be able to hold the Immortal Gateway push with just Lings right? Because it usually comes before Mutas are out, AFAIK...

Naa, if you skip the roach warren and get enough gas in time there's plenty of time to get mutas before that push hits i'm pretty sure :)

cdyhybrid

Naa, if you skip the roach warren and get enough gas in time there's plenty of time to get mutas before that push hits i'm pretty sure :)

Alright, I'll give that a try next time. I wonder what my gas timings would be. Assuming fast third, 2 at 40ish food (Lair then speed), 2 when Lair is half done, 2 when Spire goes up?

Zzoram

IMO just practice a 2base roachl/ing all-in, Leenock style. Watch the MLG Providence finals replays to learn the build.

PvZ is my best match up, but roach/ling all-in after I FFE is the number one thing that kills me.

Snowman

Alright, I'll give that a try next time. I wonder what my gas timings would be. Assuming fast third, 2 at 40ish food (Lair then speed), 2 when Lair is half done, 2 when Spire goes up?

When I go mutas I generally don't bother with the fast third, just drone up on 2 bases, get lair off of one gas, then throw the other 3 gases down at the same time. Then I harass with mutas while getting my third up.. I play protoss mainly though so I'm not sure if that's what you're "meant" to do.

cdyhybrid

IMO just practice a 2base roachl/ing all-in, Leenock style. Watch the MLG Providence finals replays to learn the build.

PvZ is my best match up, but roach/ling all-in after I FFE is the number one thing that kills me.

This?

I don't wanna just all-in every time I get Protoss but it wouldn't hurt to throw in there every now and then...

Zzoram

This?

I don't wanna just all-in every time I get Protoss but it wouldn't hurt to throw in there every now and then...

I swear you'll win most ZvP games with that all-in. We're all bad at defending it because it has to be scouted by the Protoss at the right moment for the Protoss to have time to defend.

Vaporak

Who cares if he kills your third? If he lost a gateway immortal army and then did a DT drop there's no way he can stop you shoving 50 roaches down his throat and wrecking his whole fucking base. Just let him have the third. Sounds like your biggest PvZ problem is just that you're afraid of Protoss and "what ifing" yourself to death because you don't have a good handle on just what a Protoss is capable of at different parts of the match.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Make me a cool MGS pony background for my twitch then.
give me a native res screenshot of your starcraft so i dont EG it and cover the clock.

or do it yourself with this:
oMlyF.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/?f95f497uk6r9q8x

Can anyone help me with this one? What could I have done differently? I did what I thought was pretty standard as far as the build and gas timings and stuff until he pushed out. I just didn't have enough Drones, but I didn't really make any units until he moved out.

-ZvT on Korhal
-he pushes with 8ish Marines and 2 Tanks and expands behind it
-sieges up outside my base because I have no units because I'm still trying to saturate 2 bases
-I just die because I can't break it, and don't have enough Drones because I had to make units to stay alive, which means I can't make enough units to break his siege
do the Echo build, wreck dem terrans.

Teamliquid Page

MLG Winter Championship in Columbus - Final Day

Toronto, Victory Cafe, 4pm-10:30pm, March 25th, BARCRAFT:

Maybe:
Zzoram
Picon_small.png

Pandaman
Zicon_small.png

scogoth
Picon_small.png

mcrae
Zicon_small.png

TheNiX
Ticon_small.png

Spl1nter
Ticon_small.png

hoverX
Picon_small.png

What do you guys think?
if we do it ill go. ;p

edit:
OH, SPEAKING OF WHICH.

photos from that barcraft were posted, here is team-GAF
one photo with nix, one with mcrae.
7DJ22.jpg

upzOj.jpg

i had to leave my toque on all barcraft because i had murderous hat-hair. luckily mcrae has enough SWAG to bring the hamiltonGAF rep up.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I'd go again, but the offer still stands for doing it at my place.
hotel rules: if its not bolted down, its complimentary.

do you have a beer store/lcbo nearby? -.-

can you tell us a nearby intersection so we can creep your neighbourhood through google earth?

hotel rules: if its not bolted down, its complimentary.

do you have a beer store/lcbo nearby? -.-

can you tell us a nearby intersection so we can creep your neighbourhood through google earth?

385 Prince of Wales Drive. Have at it! It's literally right beside Square One, which has a LCBO right outside and there's a beer store about a 10 minute drive away.

Do you have a TV or projector we could output to? What about a computer with hdmi out?

I don't have cable, so there's a computer permanently hooked up to my TV (46") which is probably the same screen size from the distance we were sitting last time.

scogoth

Teamliquid Page

MLG Winter Championship in Columbus - Final Day

Mississauga, Nix's house, 4pm-10:30pm, March 25th, BARCRAFT:

Attending
Pandaman
Zicon_small.png

Jasonng
Zicon_small.png

Maybe:
Zzoram
Picon_small.png

scogoth
Picon_small.png

mcrae
Zicon_small.png

TheNiX
Ticon_small.png

Spl1nter
Ticon_small.png

hoverX
Picon_small.png

Done.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
:lol @ the pic
Plus that really wouldn't be yoshi otherwise he would be hover handing.
Hover hand? HOVER HAND? People would be hover handing ME. I grab the living fuck out of the person I'm next to!

Top Bottom