• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
No, trust me - cap the game at 70 and mouse scroll the camera, or try to box your units really quickly. It's a huge difference (when my GPU was broken, the game was stuck at 60 and it was completely unplayable).

Zzoram

No, trust me - cap the game at 70 and mouse scroll the camera, or try to box your units really quickly. It's a huge difference (when my GPU was broken, the game was stuck at 60 and it was completely unplayable).

What's a good frame rate then? I never check mine, but I'm a low APM player so I don't know if I'd even notice.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What's a good frame rate then? I never check mine, but I'm a low APM player so I don't know if I'd even notice.
100 is the perfect number for SC2. I never notice anything above that.

Deadly

CTRL+ALT+F

Apparently that displays in-game frames per second.

Huk was concerned that it was only 70 LOL. I can see his complaint of 40 fps last game, but 70 fps is plenty.
Problem is fps goes down extremely fast in SC2. Say you get 70 during the start with just your workers+cc/hatch/nexus. Sure that's fine but then you start constantly moving and there are more and more units on the screen which drops it like crazy.

ultron87

At least the main menu doesn't try to pump out as many frames per second as computerly possible anymore. The beta fried one of my video cards by doing that.

Holden

Apparently diablo 3 has no regions locks, hopefully this is good news for HOTS;

Removing region lock
Adding some sort of weird LAN
Doing more in the esports scene.

Blizzard trying to compete with valve :D?

Yoshichan

Blizzard trying to compete with valve :D?
Who?! Did they make that cool game that was called like, HL2: Episode 2? It was a good game but it's been 5 years since that game was released. What've they been doing lately?

:3 ♥

Holden

Who?! Did they make that cool game that was called like, HL2: Episode 2? It was a good game but it's been 5 years since that game was released. What've they been doing lately?

:3 ♥

I dunno, Dota2

1.7Million dollar tournament hosted by valve, planning an other one

No Region locks
LAN
Free(?)
Better replay system
In game livestream

And activion blizzard is the only company that charges you 60€ for a digital copy.

Yoshichan

Hold on, gonna Google Dota2.

edit: looks boring :/ Sorry Valve, you're still terrible.

Holden

Well maybe they'd compete if D3 was actually going to have PvP at launch. Lol.

We're going have an SC2-GAF Diablo posse, right?

i dunno how pvp can be good with auction house but i don't play MMOs(that require better gear to be better) so i might be wrong

Yoshichan

i dunno how pvp can be good with auction house but i don't play MMOs(that require better gear to be better) so i might be wrong
Derp :3

I understand what you mean though.

Deadly

Wow I totally forgot about this. I hope there's good anti-bot measures implemented or else it's going to be fucking terrible.
Where does it say D3 doesn't have region locks?

And the lack of PvP at start is definitely terrible. Valve wins EASY.

Holden

Derp :3

I understand what you mean though.

Well Diablo 3 pvp is similar to MMORPG where you have to have better gear to get better

makes me think why they didn't make a diablo mmo instead :/

Wow I totally forgot about this. I hope there's good anti-bot measures implemented or else it's going to be fucking terrible.

found it on gaf, let me search for it

EDIT : http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=36051906&postcount=402

Yoshichan

makes me think why they didn't make a diablo mmo instead :/
You don't know about the game or the Diablo-fans well, I see :) Making it an MMO wouldn't work, it's vastly different. You're right about items being heavily involved though (not saying there's no skill involved).

Deadly

Well let's hope the choosing a specific server isn't a permanent choice or else it would result to the same thing

wait, ultron & deadly, there is no pvp at launch, wtf?
Nope
As we’re counting down the days until we’re ready to announce a release date for Diablo III, we’ve come to realize that the PvP game and systems aren’t yet living up to our standards. Today, we wanted to let you know that we’ve made the difficult decision to hold back the PvP Arena system and release it in a patch following the game’s launch
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4574895/Diablo_III_PvP_Update-3_9_2012#blog

Yoshichan

i wasn't planning on playing pvp if i buy the game but that's kinda weird =/
Yes, it's very frustrating. Here's hoping they manage to implement it within the same month... who am I kidding.

Yoshichan

Same month...:lol How long did it take for SC2 to get chat channels again?
:( Let me live in my own bubble where everything is perfect.

Deadman

Hehe, fighting game community getting mad at mlg over extended series.

Eventually they will come to recognise it as their saviour, like sc2 has.

Zzoram

Blizzard is so terrible now. They refuse to release complete games anymore. SC2 still doesn't allow group replay viewing and doesn't have clan support or region switching despite those being features from a decade ago Battle.net. Now Diablo 3 won't have PvP?

cdyhybrid

Blizzard is so terrible now. They refuse to release complete games anymore. SC2 still doesn't allow group replay viewing and doesn't have clan support or region switching despite those being features from a decade ago Battle.net. Now Diablo 3 won't have PvP?
How dare you criticize our Blizzard masters?! You will let them shit in your mouth and like it! All hail Bobby Kotick!

AmFreak

The thing with the replays is really ridiculous. Not only the non group viewing, but that there is no way to exchange replays in-game. I mean - wtf? The scary thing is that it was the same in Warcraft 3 and it never got replay viewing / sharing despite even Bw having this. After all this hype from them about Bnet 2.0 it's like all show but no substance. Would take Bw Bnet back any day.

The thing with the replays is really ridiculous. Not only the non group viewing, but that there is no way to exchange replays in-game. I mean - wtf? The scary thing is that it was the same in Warcraft 3 and it never got replay viewing / sharing despite even Bw having this. After all this hype from them about Bnet 2.0 it's like all show but no substance. Would take Bw Bnet back any day.

I think the biggest problem is that they tied B.Net 2.0 to SC2. It should have been worked on entirely separate of the SC2 development process.

Zzoram

I think the biggest problem is that they tied B.Net 2.0 to SC2. It should have been worked on entirely separate of the SC2 development process.

The biggest problem was that they hired an XBOX LIVE designer to make B.Net 2.0 and he didn't seem to have a clue what the old B.Net had or what PC gamers wanted.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

Gotta make dat fiscal date.

Yoshichan

only boring people streaming

V_Arnold

Valve wins easy? Son, tell me about it. Show me what game is competing with Diablo III for my money at Valve. I will buy it right now.

Oh, right. Friggin Valve vs Blizzard stuff AGAIN. Really.

V_Arnold

competition is what makes games better bro

Really, man? In what genre?

Competition between Half Life 2 and WoW?
Or between Diablo 3 and Left 4 Dead?
SC2 vs Team Fortress 2?

No competition there. Competition of feature only makes sense when I get to choose between a product with a similar gameplay offering, not when jumping through genres for no particular reason.

Holden

Really, man? In what genre?

Competition between Half Life 2 and WoW?
Or between Diablo 3 and Left 4 Dead?
SC2 vs Team Fortress 2?

No competition there. Competition of feature only makes sense when I get to choose between a product with a similar gameplay offering, not when jumping through genres for no particular reason.

the thing is blizzard put so much "restricitons" in sc2 as in no LAN or whatever because there wasn't any GOOD RTS by the best PC devs (valve and blizzard)
But now Valve is making their own RTS (DOTA2) and similiar UI possibilities, now blizzard is apparently stepping up by adding a weird LAN and removing region lock.

Competition between devs makes the customers happier. (normally)

Top Bottom