• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

the thing is blizzard put so much "restricitons" in sc2 as in no LAN or whatever because there wasn't any GOOD RTS by the best PC devs (valve and blizzard)
But now Valve is making their own RTS (DOTA2) and similiar UI possibilities, now blizzard is apparently stepping up by adding a weird LAN and removing region lock.

Competition between devs makes the customers happier. (normally)

DOTA? RTS?

Holden

It is. Technically =P . But I wouldn't refer to it as such anymore since it kinda has its own genre now.

Its sad that they call its own genre cause there was so many bad copys of dota. "Moba" is such a bad name too :(

and what makes this game really good competitive wise is the balance. Icefrog ( The current maker of dota1 ) is extremely good at balancing the game ( no offense to david kim ) Icefrog barely tweaks a spell/hero to make the perfect balance, but balance in dota is extremely hard to make cause there are so many heroes. Which i find is a problem with david kim ( or who ever makes balance in sc2 ) is that when he changes something he makes it WAYYYYYYYYYY to big, i think for exemple istead of chaning the phoenix range to 6 he should of just tweaked it to 4.5. 0.5 doesn't seem much but its actually a huge deal

V_Arnold

the thing is blizzard put so much "restricitons" in sc2 as in no LAN or whatever because there wasn't any GOOD RTS by the best PC devs (valve and blizzard)
But now Valve is making their own RTS (DOTA2) and similiar UI possibilities, now blizzard is apparently stepping up by adding a weird LAN and removing region lock.

Competition between devs makes the customers happier. (normally)

That is alright, on a conceptual level, but when realized, it still boils down to whether they have a product that I want or not - and on that level, both company wins ;)

I get it, though. I honestly thank you guys for complaining about stuff because it, in the end, improves the product, if enough people complain. I am just never going to complain when it comes to developers making games I love to play for years and years and years. Yes, even without lan, replay sharing or - in the case of D3 - PVP at launch :)

Zzoram

DOTA? RTS?

I really wonder if Valve has plans to make a DOTA RTS in addition to DOTA2.

I imagine that DOTA2 will be free-to-play but if they did a DOTA RTS it wouldn't be. That would be really cool way for them to bring in some money by reusing many of the assets and the engine they created for DOTA2. I'd buy a Valve RTS.

scogoth

I really wonder if Valve has plans to make a DOTA RTS in addition to DOTA2.

I imagine that DOTA2 will be free-to-play but if they did a DOTA RTS it wouldn't be. That would be really cool way for them to bring in some money by reusing many of the assets and the engine they created for DOTA2. I'd buy a Valve RTS.

Is Valve EA? No? OK I'd buy a valve rts then too.

Zzoram

Teamliquid Page

MLG Winter Championship in Columbus - Final Day

Mississauga, TheNix's via Go Bus, 2pm-10:30pm, March 25th, HOUSECRAFT:

Going:
TheNiX
Picon_small.png

Zzoram
Picon_small.png

Pandaman
Zicon_small.png

Maybe:
scogoth
Picon_small.png

mcrae
Zicon_small.png

Not Going:
Spl1nter
Ticon_small.png

hoverX
Picon_small.png

scogoth, you in?

cdyhybrid

In that list the only "bad" one I'd say Demigod. Pros have acknowledged bloodline champions is good unfortunately nobody plays it. HoN and LoL are bad, according to you.

It did spinoff from WC3 and was referred to as Action RTS instead for awhile..
I didn't say they were bad overall. Just bad DotA copies.

cdyhybrid

pandas intensive ZvX training comes at the low-low price of committment to watching my little pony.

I don't think I could make it even to Diamond if Nestea himself were coaching me.

P.S. These Sony earbuds that kind of wrap around your entire ear cannot survive being thrown against a wall. Just FYI for everyone out there.

I don't think I could make it even to Diamond if Nestea himself were coaching me.

P.S. These Sony earbuds that kind of wrap around your entire ear cannot survive being thrown against a wall. Just FYI for everyone out there.

Don't care so much. I'm being serious. I had a real shit streak because I was so concerned with doing well and seeing results. Just play. You'll pick up new stuff and hone your micro/macro without knowing it.

Pollux

Holy crap it's hard to get back into this. Just got my ass kicked by the computer on medium. Missed my timing on everything and just got overwhelmed trying to keep track of all the different units lol

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Still upset gom wont hire you I see?
Yeah I have to try at non-RTS too. The devs REALLY listen to the community (The correct parts, aka me) and seem to have a god damn good understanding of what they want Firefall to be. WoW vanilla lead and Tribes lead. That's a good two people to have.

Submitted my resume there, left voicemail for the person who was HR for Naughty Dog and Insomniac. Goddam.

cdyhybrid

Don't care so much. I'm being serious. I had a real shit streak because I was so concerned with doing well and seeing results. Just play. You'll pick up new stuff and hone your micro/macro without knowing it.

I can't not care. I've tried. It never lasts.

tbh, id still accept a nanoha marathon, it's just not advertised in the front window anymore.

How much ponies are we talking? :\

lol Diamond. Quit gettin mad at video games.

Sounds like someone needs to reread my guide to Diamond.
Hazard's guide on how to get into Diamond.

I wish Zerg could make Marines :(

Mystery

Korean ladder so hard. :(

Got into diamond finally as zerg -- every game is 2base allins except from zerg, when it's 1-base allins.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Korean ladder so hard. :(

Got into diamond finally as zerg -- every game is 2base allins except from zerg, when it's 1-base allins.
Sounds aggressive and fun!

I had 2 ladder games for the first time in about 10 weeks. I feel like i might go back to zerg. It's much easier to just wing it with zerg, with protoss i feel like i need some sort of plan. With zerg i just react as the game goes on and things work out.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oh and Scrap Station is the only good map Blizzard's made :3

Yoshichan

You so crazy.
I remember that everytime I fought against a zerg on that map, I built at least 15 missile turrets on the side that mutas would come from.

That shit was TENSE.

Vaporak

Just finished up my finals so I got online to play some ladder and enjoy myself since it's been a bit; I really just didn't want to deal with ladder rage from my opponents today. :/
1 Base baneling without even making lings to deny scouting? RAAAAAAAGE when I build a strong wall and 4 cannons.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Just finished up my finals so I got online to play some ladder and enjoy myself since it's been a bit; I really just didn't want to deal with ladder rage from my opponents today. :/
1 Base baneling without even making lings to deny scouting? RAAAAAAAGE when I build a strong wall and 4 cannons.

lol I enjoy when I see silly PvP proxys and they are surprised.

Yoshichan

When can we watch replays together? Did they give us any information about it?

Top Bottom