• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Teamliquid Page

MLG Winter Championship in Columbus - Final Day

Mississauga, TheNix's via Go Bus, 2pm-10:30pm, March 25th, HOUSECRAFT:

Going:
TheNiX
Picon_small.png

Zzoram
Picon_small.png

Pandaman
Zicon_small.png

Maybe:
scogoth
Picon_small.png

Not Going:
Spl1nter
Ticon_small.png

mcrae
Zicon_small.png

hoverX
Picon_small.png

I hope no one is allergic to cats. Also, I'm going to start PMing my email address so we can make solid plans and so Scogoth brings his ass out here.

Snowman

Man, been going mass archon/zealot in pvz lately and it seems really strong against whatever zerg ends up doing, any ideas what I'd struggle against if I keep going for that composition?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Man, been going mass archon/zealot in pvz lately and it seems really strong against whatever zerg ends up doing, any ideas what I'd struggle against if I keep going for that composition?

roach infestor?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
BL/Infestor

Just hit before 17m and reinforce with some blink stalkers and you should be fine.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you

I got destroyed by infestors doing that build once. Like most my army just sitting there getting owned :( Then he moved into Broodlords

Vaporak

I hope there is a big tourny in SF/Norcal area sometime soon :(

Probably won't be any important tournaments hosted in SF anytime soon. ;_;

2 base fast archon/zealots is a pretty old school PvZ strategy that got abandoned because it couldn't handle mass 3 base roach.

Snowman

Mass roach seems pretty deal-with-able so far, haven't been up against roach infestor yet but I figured that might cause some problems.. As for BL/infestor, I definitely start being aggressive before he can get broods out usually, so i'm not so worried about them :)

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
scogoth you have to come to housecraft, i still owe you a beer!

come on, i''ll bring my laptop and we can have like a lan, but without the lan part.

Zzoram

I wonder if Blizzard will demand that SC2Proleague have English commentary too.

I sure hope so.

This at least shows that Blizzard recognizes that SC2 in Korea is going to die without KeSPA and OGN. Koreans just aren't that interested in SC2 compared to Broodwar, and Blizzard botched their marketing by waging war against KeSPA and Broodwar. Part of that has to do with SC2 not being on TV. Hopefully they've seen the error of their ways and work out a deal with OGN that is very cheap. Creating a high burden of cost in license fees for running SC2 tournaments is only going to further push OGN towards League of Legends or other free games where the developers aren't charging them fees.

Striek

Lol anyone watching MCs stream?

He just played a crazy 1hr 13min PvZ. Map mined out Carrier/archon/stalker/templar/mothership against infestor/broodlord/corruptor/spine/spore.

Infested terrans raped him six ways to sunday

I sure hope so.

This at least shows that Blizzard recognizes that SC2 in Korea is going to die without KeSPA and OGN. Koreans just aren't that interested in SC2 compared to Broodwar, and Blizzard botched their marketing by waging war against KeSPA and Broodwar. Part of that has to do with SC2 not being on TV. Hopefully they've seen the error of their ways and work out a deal with OGN that is very cheap. Creating a high burden of cost in license fees for running SC2 tournaments is only going to further push OGN towards League of Legends or other free games where the developers aren't charging them fees.

How serious is the LoL potential threat to Blizzard in Korea?

I wonder if pro league teams will be allowed to participate in gstl and vice versa. Kespa might not want older sc2 teams included early on as they'll no doubt dominate initially considering they've played longer. Eventually things will even out, with certain BW players possibly surpassing everyone

Zzoram

How serious is the LoL potential threat to Blizzard in Korea?

I wonder if pro league teams will be allowed to participate in gstl and vice versa. Kespa might not want older sc2 teams included early on as they'll no doubt dominate initially considering they've played longer. Eventually things will even out, with certain BW players possibly surpassing everyone

LoL is more popular so it has a larger potential fan base, largely because it's free and it's a team game so people can play with their friends. Also if you want to run a LoL tournament, Riot will contribute money to your prize pool. Blizzard charges you money for running an SC2 tournament and takes a cut of any advertising revenue.

SC2 is kinda dying in Korea. It's like the 18th most played game at PC Bangs, and costs more money to play because Blizzard tried to squeeze Korea for money but it backfired. In Korea, the advertisers are going to put their money behind LoL because it has more viewers. Also, due to Blizzard attacking KeSPA and trying to shut down Broodwar, you can bet that OGN is going to favor LoL over SC2 because Riot isn't hostile to them. Riot is believed to have put up most of the $170,000 prize pool for a season of LoL Proleague on OGN. If LoL on TV becomes bigger than SC2, and it likely will if stream number comparisons are any indication, advertising dollars will be going to LoL and not SC2.

Blizzard fucked up. They got greedy. They figured they'd make infinite money from Starcraft esports. They tried to squeeze tons of money from KeSPA, OGN, and Korean gamers by charging everyone tons of money. Even though SC2 advertising was plastered all over Korea for months, they lost the favor of Korea and sales fell far short of expectations. Nobody was willing to pay a subscription fee for SC2 in Korea, nor were PC Bangs willing to pay much higher than normal fees to host SC2. KeSPA decided to just ignore SC2, and without SC2 on OGN, it was absent from TV and absent from Korean thoughts.

I hope that Blizzard's CEO being in Korea this week to talk to KeSPA is a sign that they've finally admitted to their mistake and are going to try to correct it before SC2 is impossibly behind LoL. If they can broker a deal with KeSPA and OGN to get SC2 Proleague on TV for a really tiny licensing fee and not require every decision they make to go through Blizzard HQ for approval like they wanted, then maybe they can grow SC2 in Korea.

Blizzard also needs to fix 2v2 and 3v3 by putting in some non-shit maps. Those are the most popular modes because people like playing with friends, so ignoring those map pools is a damn foolish thing to do. SC2 needs those casual modes to maintain player interest to increase potential viewership.

Zzoram

Nony vs Sleep will be loser's bracket first round

if he loses to Sleep despite having so many good Zergs on TL to practice with, he's a total lost cause

Top Bottom