• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you

aJqj2.gif

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
:3 cue yoshidealwithit.gif

Zzoram

Teamliquid has a new player that will be at IPL4. They strongly hinted at it in the last seconds of the HayprO MLG 2012 WC Day 3 interview.

I'm hoping it's Taeja. He's much better than Ganzi.

Yoshichan

WTF AM I LOOKING AT.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Teamliquid has a new player that will be at IPL4. They strongly hinted at it in the last seconds of the HayprO MLG 2012 WC Day 3 interview.

I'm hoping it's Taeja. He's much better than Ganzi.
TL_MLG_Flash

I'd shit an entire pyramid.

Yoshichan

So after looking at the picture for a solid 3-4 minutes, I can officially say that it's starting to sink in.

I kinda like it, but oh God.

Yoshichan

Promise me you'll photoshop my head when I'm meeting FoxeR in the future :3

Corran Horn

:lol Haven't you seen that thread of Terrans balance whining for 3k posts over on TL? It seems we have entered the age of Terran QQ.

Terrans learned they needed micro along with hitting T and A and all left for zerg so they could just hold down S RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRZRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Noob question time! I'm playing around with the "Starter Edition" that you can play for free, and I tried the challenges. Should I be discouraged if I can't win them (or even come close to winning them)? I lost pretty bad in the second round of the first challenge, and took that as, "I'm a bad" and stopped playing earlier. I'm thinking that was a bit premature on my part...

Corran Horn

Noob question time! I'm playing around with the "Starter Edition" that you can play for free, and I tried the challenges. Should I be discouraged if I can't win them (or even come close to winning them)? I lost pretty bad in the second round of the first challenge, and took that as, "I'm a bad" and stopped playing earlier. I'm thinking that was a bit premature on my part...

Honestly the challenges don't do the multiplayer any service. All of them require to learn the "trick" to beat them.

Vaporak

Nah that doesn't really matter much. I mean, RTS's are hard so you'll be bad if you're new regardless. But the ladder system is really good and will pair you up against other bad players and keep you around a 50/50 w/l ratio. Alternatively if you get the ladder fear you can just hop into the neogaf chat channel and game with the other gaffers online.

Zzoram

OK, that feels better. :)

If you get the game, play to have fun and get better. Don't worry about "being good". People who have it in their heads that they have to be "good" are the ones that get mental blocks that prevent them from enjoying the game.

The match making will always put you against people around your level, whatever your level is or becomes.

Corran Horn

If you get the game, play to have fun and get better. Don't worry about "being good". The match making will always put you against people around your level, whatever your level is or becomes.

And come on gaf nights if you buy the game so we can pit you up against someone and laugh at you (tradition).

Zzoram

:lol Haven't you seen that thread of Terrans balance whining for 3k posts over on TL? It seems we have entered the age of Terran QQ.

HSM needs a range buff. Terran is the only race without real AOE late game, which is why Terran is weakest in the late game. Basically every game that a Terran wins is because they badly hurt the Protoss/Zerg in the early or mid game and got a huge lead. If Terran goes to the late game against Protoss/Zerg with both sides only macroing up safely, Terran loses.

Fungal and Storm do epic damage and have a good size radius, what does Terran have? HSM is supposed to be that thing, but it's an expensive upgrade, uses tons of energy, and has a tiny radius. An HSM shot into a cluster of marines kills like 2 of them and just damages the rest slightly, but costs 125 energy while Fungal and Storm are far better and cost only 75 energy.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
HSM needs a range buff. Terran is the only race without real AOE late game, which is why Terran is weakest in the late game. Basically every game that a Terran wins is because they badly hurt the Protoss/Zerg in the early or mid game and got a huge lead. If Terran goes to the late game against Protoss/Zerg with both sides only macroing up safely, Terran loses.

Fungal and Storm do epic damage and have a good size radius, what does Terran have? HSM is supposed to be that thing, but it's an expensive upgrade, uses tons of energy, and has a tiny radius. An HSM shot into a cluster of marines kills like 2 of them and just damages the rest slightly.
Put the vessel back in with a better EMP.

Zzoram

Actually HSM radius is fine now that I've done some research.

The problem is casting range. HSM has cast range of 6 while Fungal and Storm have a range of 9. That means Ravens have to get closer to shoot it and are more likely to die so you can't retain their numbers. Also, HSM costs 125 energy to cast but is definitely not almost twice as good as the 75 energy Fungal/Storm.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Actually HSM radius is fine now that I've done some research.

The problem is casting range. HSM has cast range of 6 while Fungal and Storm have a range of 9. That means Ravens have to get closer to shoot it and are more likely to die so you can't retain their numbers. Also, HSM costs 125 energy to cast but is definitely not almost twice as good as the 75 energy Fungal/Storm.
The damage, build time, build up, cast range, etc. are all terrible.

Infestors made from hatch, HT from Gateways, Ravens from techlabbed starports with a build time of 60s + wait time for HSM.

The easiest way I could see them being incorporated would be to make 5 late game or slowly build a mass of them SK Terran style, but even then HSM doesn't seem effective vs large groups and you can entirely evade it unlike storm or fungal.

Yoshichan

I really do have the weirdest dreams... wow.

Zzoram

I can't watch GSL today apparently.

It's giving me an error saying that it failed to install GOMTV streamer, I never had this error last week.

How do I fix it?

nvm found the link on GOM to manually install the latest version of the streamer and now it works

Yoshichan

I've managed to nuke myself more more than the enemy :(

Mr Swine

Banned
Blizzard please nerfing Colossus and buff the siegeanks. Jesus, getting steamrolled by protoss having 5 colossi and the rest stalkers. Only way I can counter is if I deploy PDD. Otherwise not -_-

Also Siegetanks have been pretty much useless since the nerf now that anyone just runs up and kills em of

Yoshichan

They're still really good TvT and TvZ (mid-game) :p. Stop using factory units against toss.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Blizzard please nerfing Colossus and buff the siegeanks. Jesus, getting steamrolled by protoss having 5 colossi and the rest stalkers. Only way I can counter is if I deploy PDD. Otherwise not -_-

Also Siegetanks have been pretty much useless since the nerf now that anyone just runs up and kills em of
1. complain about seige tanks vs armoured units
2. bemoan nerf of 50+5 dmg to 50+5 dmg vs armoured.
3. ????
4. fucking terrans.

Top Bottom