• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oh my :lol

Keep at it boys, I'll reveal the answer eventually~

(._.)

Banned
That new parody SC2 mv is funny as fuck. WAYY WAYYY funnier than those dumb MVs husky puts out....

I remember when I was in bronze :[

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Our imaginations are far better than the reality, which is probably rejection followed by going home to jerk off into a cup then contemplating whether or not to drink it while staring at your MKP poster.

Holy shit.

Mairu

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oh my God, I've started listening to X Japan while playing SC2... it actually works! Screw Kpop! Jrock, LET'S GO.

Yoshichan

I just wanted to show off these faces.
Here, let me try!

Hngggg...

Hnnggg!!

HNNNNNNGGGGGGG!

0lTEs.gif

That's all I got :_:

Yoshichan

Welcome to like 15 years ago pfft.
Hey at least I'm trying! 12 months ago, I could only listen to SC2 music or else I couldn't concentrate!

Yoshichan

The people who play this game all seem to be 14 year olds who play on xbox live as well.
Now this might the most false thing I've read today. SC2, if anything, seems to have the most "mature" audience (at least compared to every other competitive game on PC, including CS, WC3, DotA, HoN etc).

Yoshichan

Have you seen SCReddit?
SCReddit is not a part of the SC2-community. Just like everything else from Reddit isn't part of that particular community.

Now this might the most false thing I've read today. SC2, if anything, seems to have the most "mature" audience (at least compared to every other competitive game on PC, including CS, WC3, DotA, HoN etc).

Competitive games.. probably. Though that's not quite fair considering the amount of popular competitive games is pretty small.

I think in general most online game communities are comprised of a bunch of crotch pheasants.

Spl1nter

Every other ladder game is someone telling me im a faggot or gay. They shouldnt even be raging, im not doing cheesy shit.

Example:
P(me) vs T
Scout 3 rax no gas so I go 2 gate double stalker. Able to kite is marines and get huge advantage. Go collosi since he will have late starport.

End of game calls me a noob for using protoss (understandable). Than messages me after the game

him: fucking faggot
me: and youre a homophobe
him: grow up already
me: lol

I admit the irony made me laugh. Why am I even complaining. Trolling all these 14 year olds can be so much fun.

However, even for myself -the biggest troll- its more fun when you can just have a nice game and conversation with someone on ladder.

jasonng

I once had a terran who went banshee into viking harass on Shakuras cross positions. His harasses did nothing so I expand freely and was able to getting a sizable muta ball and consistently denied his third. He calls me a cheap lucky piece of shit (I had lings to keep track of his base count). Proceeds to BM me after game calling me the worst player ever. All I said was "Bad day?" and he decides to respond "BLOCKED" and blocked me.

People don't make sense when they rage. They never blame themselves especially in the lower leagues.

Yoshichan

@Deadly, Reddit can be great sometimes; absolutely. It's just too bad that most of the time I'm embarrassed by it. Coming from the competitive fighting-scene, I often brag to my fighting-buddies how superior the SC-community is. SCReddit doesn't prove my point at all :3

@Spl1nter, I say you're just having bad luck or something. Maybe 1/20 of my games are BM.

Zzoram

Liquid made the right choice. Taeja is a better player than Ganzi or Sjow, and Taeja has a really good GSL record in addition to being in Code S at the moment. Also, Taeja is the youngest so he has the most years left in him before having to go to the Korean military. Ganzi has to go to the military sometime in 2013 so Complexity is only going to have him for a year. That's a short term investment. Liquid is a long term investment kind of team.

Liquid made the right choice. Taeja is a better player than Ganzi or Sjow, and Taeja has a really good GSL record in addition to being in Code S at the moment. Also, Taeja is the youngest so he has the most years left in him before having to go to the Korean military. Ganzi has to go to the military sometime in 2013 so Complexity is only going to have him for a year. That's a short term investment. Liquid is a long term investment kind of team.

Jinro and Haypro and TLO sure have paid off.

jasonng

lOAXv.png

So what are we in the mood for? I can stay up a little later tonight. We can do our usual micro tournament, some KOTH action here(Map of the day is Cloud Kingdom), maybe later on we can do some custom games (ala fun or not style). Put your kids to bed early tonight because it's GAF Night tonight.

The Weekly NeoGAF Starcraft II Nights
-Wednesdays starting @ 6pm PDT (9pm EST)
-Game types:
<1v1>
<1v1 obs>
<1v1 coaching>
<2v2>
<3v3>
<4v4>
<FFA>
<Team Monobattles>
<Custom Maps>
<Nuclear Arcade>
<Phantom Mode>
<Marrow's Micro Tournament>

Streams
-Corran's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/corran666 (Main Stream)
-Hazard's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/vggaming
-Vaultrin's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/vaultrin21

Mumble Info Dump
Main server: IP = chi.eoreality.net and port = 64739
Backup server: IP = 67.23.187.114 and port = 20198
Download Here: http://mumble.sourceforge.net/

Zzoram

Jinro and Haypro and TLO sure have paid off.

TLO is still hugely popular and after recovering from his carpel tunnel he's been doing better lately, particularly in team leagues.

HayprO isn't huge but he has consistently placed decently at most MLGs.

Jinro kinda peaked a long time ago but now he serves as TL's English speaking link to oGs.

The real dead weight on Liquid is Tyler, but even he does State of the Game so he is basically a PR guy now and serves a purpose.

Vodh

ZvZ: panda build
ZvT: jEcho build.
ZvP: stephano zergling build.

Hey, would you mind pointing me to a couple of useful replays for the ZvZ and ZvP builds? I'm particularly curious about the panda build, but some examples of stephano build that would be useful for learning purposes would be awesome too.

Also, dammit, why can't Gaf play on EU...

Yoshichan

Also, dammit, why can't Gaf play on EU...
GAF EU is more active than you think.

edit: jasonng, now you're just being mean!

Yoshichan

Fine, I won't share my wealth with you either!

Top Bottom