• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It's not about being or not being into dudes. I don't think I'm into guys either... but FoxeR is mine and anyone who mentions him is a threat and should be disposed of immediately.

zargle

mkpyoshi1.jpg

Sorry, rushed that a bit to get it done.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
*right click* *save*

"There's already an existing file of that name, do you want to overwrite?"

*clicks yes*

(._.)

Banned
ladder reset tmrw! hope this season goes sorta long b/c I wanna be high plat level by the end of it or maybe low diamond if I am able to play everyday like I have planned atm.

22 in diamond, I'd imagine I'll be placed in plat tomorrow. Again. For the third time. After losing a placement match to some bullshit.

I've just been speedling expanding on 21 food in ZvZ, good results so far. Need to work on my scouting more.'

I like my ZvP overall, although I cannot compete against those 2-3 Voids into 5-6 gate, +1 ranged bullshit. I get my third up then start building Roaches while my Lair builds when the Voids come. I try to handle them, then the Phoeniexes come, then the gateway pressure. I hold it off, forced to go Hydra and try to attack their just made third...and then get met with a shit ton of gateway units. bah

zlatko

Banned
Yoshi, my fuzzy man bear peach, I responded to you in that best surprise this gen thread.

Maybe SC2 GAF can chime in on the game too.

Anyone else think Lords of Shadow was an awesome game?

Yoshichan

zlatko my ono troll friend, I'll check the game out for you ♥

Yoshichan

You wouldn't understand anyway!

♥

Yoshichan

Such a great photograph.

A+

Zzoram

seasons are all 2 months long now. >_>

I like that.

Blizzard should host a tournament at the end of every season for each league of each region. For example, there should be an NA Platinum Season 8 Tournament, where all the top 8 division platinum players play off in a randomly seeded bracket made from whoever checks in at the time advertised in Battle.net for the previous 2 weeks, and the winner should get a special display picture or something, and have different display picture prizes for winning it 5, 10, 25, 50, 100, etc. times. That would give people who know they will never go pro a reason to still play on 1v1 ladder.

Warcraft 3 had semi-regular automated tournaments to earn dragon display pics, and possibly sometimes even small amounts of money I think, don't see why SC2 can't do it and offer Blizzard Store credit ($5) as a prize other than Blizzard being lazy shits and gimping the hell out of Battle.net2.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I like that.

Blizzard should host a tournament at the end of every season for each league of each region. For example, there should be an NA Platinum Season 8 Tournament, where all the top 8 division platinum players play off in a randomly seeded bracket made from whoever checks in at the time advertised in Battle.net for the previous 2 weeks, and the winner should get a special display picture or something, and have different display picture prizes for winning it 5, 10, 25, 50, 100, etc. times. That would give people who know they will never go pro a reason to still play on 1v1 ladder.

Warcraft 3 had semi-regular automated tournaments to earn dragon display pics, and possibly sometimes even small amounts of money I think, don't see why SC2 can't do it and offer Blizzard Store credit ($5) as a prize other than Blizzard being lazy shits and gimping the hell out of Battle.net2.
battle.net 2.0

lulzzzzz

Yoshichan

We're getting 2.0 for HotS~

Yoshichan

You guys are underestimating the power of Blizzard Computer Entertainment Activision Copyright!

Zzoram

Just watched the Bisu vs Flash ace match of the Proleague finals.

Pretty awesome. I haven't been following Broodwar so I don't know if the metagame has changed, but Flash was using marines and medics with his tanks, something I don't remember being a normal strategy. Bisu was also a giant prick with his probe, gas stole twice and manner pylon at least twice. Manner pylons were so powerful in Broodwar.

Just watched the Bisu vs Flash ace match of the Proleague finals.

Pretty awesome. I haven't been following Broodwar so I don't know if the metagame has changed, but Flash was using marines and medics with his tanks, something I don't remember being a normal strategy. Bisu was also a giant prick with his probe, gas stole twice and manner pylon at least twice. Manner pylons were so powerful in Broodwar.

Just watched it. What a cheesy game, wow. Guess I should wait a few years for the game to evolve past rushes and cheese before watching, yuck

Panda, I just accidentally stumbled into the MC thread for the first time in months. Would you mind telling me what mind crack ultra hard-core is? Sounds interesting and I'm curious. I need to start playing mc and sc again.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Panda, I just accidentally stumbled into the MC thread for the first time in months. Would you mind telling me what mind crack ultra hard-core is? Sounds interesting and I'm curious. I need to start playing mc and sc again.

its a youtube series where they do 8 player PvP FFA's/team fights.

the catch is: regeneration is turned off and all healing potions are much harder to get, so if you take damage, you keep that damage for a loooooong time.

I like that.

Too bad Blizz doesn't give a shit

I want to see more fostering of rivalries. There's almost no way to know whether you've played someone you run across on ladder before, or even if he's in your division. The loading screen should list some basic stuff. Maybe he's beaten you twice in a row and you get an achievement if you beat him/avenger yourself (like in TL2).

Yoshichan

The loading screen should list some basic stuff. Maybe he's beaten you twice in a row and you get an achievement if you beat him/avenger yourself (like in TL2).
This sounds fucking awesome.

GO BLIZZARD, GO!

Pretty much the only way I remember someone on ladder is if they're like "not you again fucker" and I'm like ohhhh, he's still made his one base Roach rush didn't work yesterday

Yoshichan

You get that a lot :D? Me too!

Zzoram

Too bad Blizz doesn't give a shit

I want to see more fostering of rivalries. There's almost no way to know whether you've played someone you run across on ladder before, or even if he's in your division. The loading screen should list some basic stuff. Maybe he's beaten you twice in a row and you get an achievement if you beat him/avenger yourself (like in TL2).

Yep.

There are thousands of little things Blizzard could do to make SC2 a better game, more interesting to the majority of players, and foster a bigger eSports fan base.

Blizzard is choosing to do none of them.

Yoshichan

YOU HAVE DONE NOTHING

I WILL TEAR THIS WORLD APART

MY RAGE IS FUELING ME

AND I SHALL BECOME A GOD

scogoth

Nix I dont think I'm going to the next Toronto meetup, fuck pho, that's not a meeting area to get drunk.

Edit I should suggest London tap house for the lulz of Toronto gaf at a club.

Holden

Korean PC Bang stats for March: Despite decline Brood War rises to 4th place, SC2 drops to 18th
all webpage in korean

1. Aion
2. League of Legends
3. Sudden Attack
4. starcraft (broodwar)
5. Fifa Online 2
6. Warcraft 3
7. Lineage
8. World of Warcraft
9. Lineage II
10. Tera
11. Dungeon n Fighter
12. Cyphers
13. Special Force
14. Hangame (some pokergame or so)
15. Maple Story
16. Kart Rider
17. Freestyle Football
18. Starcraft II
19. Chaos Online
20. Special Force 2

i don't want broodwar to die! CMON!

oh and lol@sc2

edit : apparently pcbangs unlock all heroes in LoL. Must help a lot.

and LAN doesn't help sc2 :/

Got to #19 in my diamond league, figure I'll stop there. Hopefully no one surpasses me in the next few hours before the reset.

I know I'm gonna be put in fucking platinum tomorrow, I just know it..

its a youtube series where they do 8 player PvP FFA's/team fights.

the catch is: regeneration is turned off and all healing potions are much harder to get, so if you take damage, you keep that damage for a loooooong time.

Ok, that's what I was suspecting, but I wasn't sure. Thanks, will start watching!

Nix I dont think I'm going to the next Toronto meetup, fuck pho, that's not a meeting area to get drunk.

Edit I should suggest London tap house for the lulz of Toronto gaf at a club.

Suggest a club and I will back it. I don't care one way or another, I just want to see Spl1nter drink again.

Edit: sound like the idea is to drink and then gO for pho. You're in.

Top Bottom