• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Striek

check who you play against, im cuious how wide the new mmr system is.

So far one low masters who was offracing and did a terrible cannon rush, a high masters terran who did a wierd early 2rax all-in that was awful and a 'high diamond' who was pissed blizzard would make him play a high masters toss and but didn't place him in masters. Also awful. So I don't know, I guess I normally don't play diamonds at all so it must be working.

Also at this time of night I usually play the same people over and over, but more people on for new season start I figure.

So far one low masters who was offracing and did a terrible cannon rush, a high masters terran who did a wierd early 2rax all-in that was awful and a 'high diamond' who was pissed blizzard would make him play a high masters toss and but didn't place him in masters. Also awful. So I don't know, I guess I normally don't play diamonds at all so it must be working.

Also at this time of night I usually play the same people over and over, but more people on for new season start I figure.

Haha, everyone is awful! I think you can pull of a parody of Idra.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ladder reset in EU?

edit: n/m

Striek

Haha, everyone is awful! I think you can pull of a parody of Idra.

Not everyone, just those 3 guys.

Observe.
tHN0Q.jpg
Cannon rush and lose both your probes you send, whilst only putting down 1 pylon _total_. Woah.

I'll just randomly send 2 marauders, 1 marine and 8 SCVs at you. I was DT expanding with few units and crushed it with probes and 2 stalkers. What does this even beat?

A legit 2-rax. Hey look the toss is on 1 base, victory! Go home with lead right? No. Moments earlier he tries to go up my ramp and loses a couple units for free. Then he wastes a scan and barely manages to pick off a stalker whilst taking fire. Then he charges the rest up the ramp and my 3 gates crush this and my counter wins the game (note proxy robo on minimap).

The difference is that Striek actually wins his games.

Which is why it would be an awesome parody. Everyone would expect the loss/rage quit.

Not everyone, just those 3 guys.

Observe.

I was kidding. I just had a mental picture of you streaming exactly like Idra does, fake EG overlay and all. You talk the same, but actually win. Maybe even turn on yourself with lines like "I can't believe I'm trying this bullshit. I'm awful."

Also, proxy robo, eh? Do you just use that in a push with normal WG units? I get the obvious implication of it being easier to reinforce robo units with it that close, but not sure if you had other reasons.

zargle

So you can beat diamond terran now, awesome.

PvP lol.

lol indeed. He 4gated (i think, didnt watch replay yet) and I was going DT (my main PvP build now, because eff that matchup).

The weirdest part of the whole thing was being matched up with him to begin with, because i didnt think Blizzard had put in the new mmr range yet, and i was also paired with golds before that. And this dude was top 2 in his division, playing a bunch of games, so i think the matchmaking just needed to find anyone for him.

Nohar

Hi everyone,

I'm an ancient player (read : I completed the Campaign on Brutal Mode a year ago, did some multiplayer then didn't touch the game ever since), and I was wondering if, as an european player, I could maybe face some NeoGAFers in order to train and become a better player (also, for fun), or I can't fight NA players ? Are there European players here ? Is there a special chat for NeoGAFers ?

Sincerely yours,

Nohar

Hi everyone,

I'm an ancient player (read : I completed the Campaign on Brutal Mode a year ago, did some multiplayer then didn't touch the game ever since), and I was wondering if, as an european player, I could maybe face some NeoGAFers in order to train and become a better player (also, for fun), or I can't fight NA players ? Are there European players here ? Is there a special chat for NeoGAFers ?

Sincerely yours,

Nohar

Join the NeoGAF channel on the EU server! Although I don't think it is as active as the NA one.

zlatko

Banned
Join the NeoGAF channel on the EU server! Although I don't think it is as active as the NA one.

From what I read here the NeoGAF channel for EU is almost always dead.

He's better off just letting Yoshi guide him under his wing.

Yoshi offer your European services to Nohar so that he too can become an almighty Diamond Terran in EU AKA Silver leaguer of NA caliber.

onolaughing.gif

Nohar

... Why do I feel this weird feeling of dread ?

Also, yup, no one on the NeoGAF channel.

(Didn't know there was such competition between EU and NA... Unless Yoshi is a special case ?).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
:lol I'm going through life-threatening fever right now so I'm not even going to start.

Yoshichan

I blame SC for the sickness too, for some reason I decided to play ridiculous amount of hours last week - and I didn't take care of either sleep or food.
Stay off SC, and you'll be fine! Watch lots of movies and eat lots of soup! Get well soon!
Want to watch Titanic with me :3?

I blame SC for the sickness too, for some reason I decided to play ridiculous amount of hours last week - and I didn't take care of either sleep or food.

Want to watch Titanic with me :3?

I actually went and saw it in 3D on Saturday! Damn if I'm not balling my eyes out by the end of the movie.

MajorPain

Is this game worth buying and playing for the single player campaign? I have been waiting for this game to drop in price but it is still $60.

Nohar

It's a little tedious, but it's not that awful... Though I do agree that Zerg requires some serious macro in order to be played.

Q8D3vil

Is this game worth buying and playing for the single player campaign? I have been waiting for this game to drop in price but it is still $60.

it dropped many times, but if you want to buy digital version then you have to pay full price or wait until the end of the year for sale.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Played TvZ against computer on my flight. It's hard on laptops. BW is hard.
Might motivate me a bit to play SC II if I didn't have so many other things happening!
Creep spread and injects ruin Zerg for me. Far too much effort .
That's a reason I actually like Zerg.

Zzoram

It was $30 at retail during Boxing Day.

I don't know if single player alone is worth $60 to me. I bought it for the multiplayer, but I did beat the campaign 2 times for achievements. It's a pretty fun campaign.

Don't be intimidated by multiplayer. It's fun, you don't have to be the best player in the world to enjoy it. 99.9% of us are terrible at the game but still play.

Nohar

Eh... Actually, that's one of my problem : I get all stressed when I begin to fight on the Ladder. I guess/know that this stress will disappear after a hundred games of so (because I'll be used to it by then), but it's still annoying.

... Though not as annoying as players who rush me and say "gg" in order to make me understand that I'm done for and that I should surrender... I just want to stall the game as long as possible when someone does that - something I try to avoid, since it's pueril and that my time is wasted too, and, well, if I'm victim of a rush, I guess it's my old damn fault for not scouting enough.
Still, it's infuriating.

Played TvZ against computer on my flight. It's hard on laptops. BW is hard.
Might motivate me a bit to play SC II if I didn't have so many other things happening!

That's a reason I actually like Zerg.

Don't get me wrong, I really like Zerg, but my laziness and wanting to relax when playing makes it a hard race to play on the ladder. If I play custom games I'll 50/50 between Toss and Zerg.

Maybe one day I'll have Panda school me on being a good Zergling.

... Though not as annoying as players who rush me and say "gg" in order to make me understand that I'm done for and that I should surrender... I just want to stall the game as long as possible when someone does that - something I try to avoid, since it's pueril and that my time is wasted too, and, well, if I'm victim of a rush, I guess it's my old damn fault for not scouting enough.
Still, it's infuriating.

Never let someone GG you out of a game. There's a few examples just from players on this forum alone where someone GG'd them prematurely, they won the exchange and went on to beat them. I found it beneficial to try and hold off the rush as long as I could. It helps build your ability to adapt to adverse situations that muck with your plans and build order.

MajorPain

It was $30 at retail during Boxing Day.

I don't know if single player alone is worth $60 to me. I bought it for the multiplayer, but I did beat the campaign 2 times for achievements. It's a pretty fun campaign.

Don't be intimidated by multiplayer. It's fun, you don't have to be the best player in the world to enjoy it. 99.9% of us are terrible at the game but still play.

Alright thanks - I am going to watch for a sale and try an pick it up next time it is $30.

zlatko

Banned
Eh... Actually, that's one of my problem : I get all stressed when I begin to fight on the Ladder. I guess/know that this stress will disappear after a hundred games of so (because I'll be used to it by then), but it's still annoying.

Still, it's infuriating.

I've probably played 1K games, and I still get stressed lol. That's just SC for me though. Can't help it.

I want to win, when I was playing daily for hours at a time I worked hard to win, so to lose to some asshole who just does 6 pool in ZvZ for the third time in a row is like FML and makes me want to punch babies. ; ;

SC in general is a stressful game on ladder for a lot of folk I imagine. You know when you lose it's probably 95% your fault.

Still, no game, except fighters, can make me feel so damn accomplished when I do win. :D

Paches

I've probably played 1K games, and I still get stressed lol. That's just SC for me though. Can't help it.

I want to win, when I was playing daily for hours at a time I worked hard to win, so to lose to some asshole who just does 6 pool in ZvZ for the third time in a row is like FML and makes me want to punch babies. ; ;

SC in general is a stressful game on ladder for a lot of folk I imagine. You know when you lose it's probably 95% your fault.

Still, no game, except fighters, can make me feel so damn accomplished when I do win. :D

Yep, it is definitely stressful and I have played a good deal of ladder. Usually right after a huge engagement happens or I am about to do some kind of timing attack my heart starts racing in anticipation.

zlatko

Banned
Yep, it is definitely stressful and I have played a good deal of ladder. Usually right after a huge engagement happens or I am about to do some kind of timing attack my heart starts racing in anticipation.

Yup. I play a defensive style, so the second a push comes, I lose my shit as I go into a frenzy of micro and macro. Sometimes I swear it isn't even me playing considering I came into this game as my first RTS ever lol.

Nohar

Sooo... Koreans > NA > EU ? Though we do have pretty good players in the EU (TLO, I love your beard ; I like WhiteRa playstyle too). Are there any others good EU players besides them ? I'm interested to discover good replays and BO from Protoss players too (I'm just not good enough to play Zerg... And I just don't like Terrans).

Yoshichan

Sooo... Koreans > NA > EU ? Though we do have pretty good players in the EU (TLO, I love your beard ; I like WhiteRa playstyle too). Are there any others good EU players besides them ? I'm interested to discover good replays and BO from Protoss players too (I'm just not good enough to play Zerg... And I just don't like Terrans).
Hahahahaha, no.

Korea > EU > NA

NA isn't bad though. They're mostly entertainers though.

zlatko

Banned
Hahahahaha, no.

Korea > EU > NA

NA isn't bad though. They're mostly entertainers though.

Fuck that son. If you have to include NA as a whole, then you know we got Huk, my main man with the Pylon plan.

Huk, Sheth, and once long ago in a galaxy far far away there was Idra. (Who could always get his shit together, or can have a start again when new expansion hits too)

I'd say it's more like

Korea>>>>NA=EU

Paches

SaSe is a top Euro protoss player, Naniwa too. Mana has excellent PvT as well.

Haunted

KR > EU > NA > CN > SEA

Don't let Panda troll you.

Who is this LiveZerg guy who entered the Top 5 of the International TLPD? Never seen him play.

Nohar

Justin Bieber deserves to be thrown into a pit and to be eaten by radioactives dinosaurs (or Yoshis, though I fear they may have stomach-aches as a result).

So, between EU and NA, it seems to depend, though everyone seems to agree that KR > all. Geez, this is a nation of video-game teenagers monsters.

Edition : The dude on the pic isn't Justin B. ? My mistake I guess, I thought it was him... Her... It... Whatev'.

Yoshichan

Justin Bieber deserves to be thrown into a pit and to be eaten by radioactives dinosaurs
Wait, Justin Bieber... what?

ksan

KR > EU > NA > CN > SEA

Don't let Panda troll you.

Who is this LiveZerg guy who entered the Top 5 of the International TLPD? Never seen him play.

Didn't he beat idra on some lan tourney a couple of months ago? That's the only thing I can remember...

Top Bottom