• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Deadly

Honestly I have no idea what happened. There was some DotA vs HoN bashing war at one point but that was a couple days ago. I remember ksan being pretty bm but the others were just defending HoN in a not too harsh manner
? Did HoN gaf go there and bash dota or something? lol
Alot of HoN gaf switched to dota2

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Honestly I have no idea what happened. There was some DotA vs HoN bashing war at one point but that was a couple days ago. I remember ksan being pretty bm but the others were just defending HoN normally IIRC.

Alot of HoN gaf switched to dota2

HoN slowly dying eh? Dota2 vs LoL future with Blizz Dota wanting attention from the sidelines.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
HoN slowly dying eh? Dota2 vs LoL future with Blizz Dota wanting attention from the sidelines.

HoN's Esports scene just never picked up like LoL's did. Riot has been doing an amazing job (arguably better than Blizzard) in support their game.

Corran Horn

HoN's Esports scene just never picked up like LoL's did. Riot has been doing an amazing job (arguably better than Blizzard) in support their game.

When does Dota2 finally go full release? Curious to see how that will do esports wise now that LoL is so huge across the world, especially Asia.

Can players just play both just fine, kinda like how you can for some fighting games? Or is it to different that you need to specialize in one game?

Deadly

When does Dota2 finally go full release? Curious to see how that will do esports wise now that LoL is so huge across the world, especially Asia.

Can players just play both just fine, kinda like how you can for some fighting games? Or is it to different that you need to specialize in one game?
Who knows. All the heroes aren't even released yet so we still have to wait for that. Rumors tend to say it'll be when The International 2 happens. I think they'll coexist with one another. Hopefully Valve finds a good way to distribute the game in China.

I think the main factor would be keeping up with the metagame and all. Most dota players seem to look down on LoL though.

Zzoram

That's what's going to happen.

Blizzard DOTA is going to get completely ignored. Why would DOTA players switch to it when DOTA2 is better? Why would casual players play it when there is LoL?

Blizzard DOTA has no market. There isn't even a very big Custom Map community in SC2 anymore because of how much worse the system is compared to WC3.

Zen

Banned
Isn't Blizzard Dota going to now be a standalone release?

And yeah, Blizzard really fucked up the GUI etc for SCII, and the map making scene is pretty small now.

Did people actually not like it? I was getting a good mix of taxing and relaxed matches, it felt like a game again as oppose to having to be 100% every time I hit find match. You got a lot more variety and surprises.

Nice all-in

I wouldn't really call it an all in. 3 fully saturated bases and the ability to pull back.

Corran Horn

Isn't Blizzard Dota going to now be a standalone release?

And yeah, Blizzard really fucked up the GUI etc for SCII, and the map making scene is pretty small now.

From what I remember reading, it will release with HOTS. They were not sure how but It could be kinda like how SC2 now has a free version with a few maps to play, could be the same thing but have Dota as playable for free too.

Zen

Banned
From what I remember reading, it will release with HOTS. They were not sure how but It could be kinda like how SC2 now has a free version with a few maps to play, could be the same thing but have Dota as playable for free too.

They better also market it as a stand alone release. The market will pass it by completely with LoL and Dota 2 unless they push it as its own thing. I think the best they can hope for is to be a moderately successful third place to the big 2 if they do everything exactly right.

Zzoram

Also, Blizzard's plan for custom map DLC is going to fail so hilariously if they actually implement it in HotS. There are barely any people playing even the free custom maps, nobody is buying $5 custom maps.

Deadman

I really liked grubby's casting at homestory. Will look forward to watching the vods free a week later (they still doing that right?).

cdyhybrid

Dota2 won't be out for a while. Still 20+ heros that aren't in the game yet, much less all the social features and different game modes. I'd think the soonest we'd see it is as a holiday release.

Sliver

Rob Simpson and JP AGAIN? Man this is getting out of hand, Apollo has more game knowledge and casting skills than those two combined. They are a vortex of suck.

Corran Horn

Rob Simpson and JP AGAIN? Man this is getting out of hand, Apollo has more game knowledge and casting skills than those two combined. They are a vortex of suck.

JP is employed by MLG so he is always going to be there. MLG seems to really love Rob so he will probably continue to show up as it will strengthen their relations with blizzard (remember MLG Anaheim is going to probably be huge with no Blizzcon this year)

But I really hope they listen to the complaints of last year and make sure an analytical person is casting with either of them. Those JP & Rob casts were horrible

Corran Horn

That day is HOTS day 1.

I always lose to BL zerg because my Mothership is always too late. I need a clock in my head to help me build a starport faster. When I do it, it is usually just some random timing and I hope for the best luck if I cant get obs. in their base.

edit:

BOOOM NONY BEATS DARKFORCE 2-0!
NONYYYYYYY

Corran Horn

I'm watching with the audio muted (listening to a podcast), but NASL's new season seems to have improved production values. I heard they got a Hollywood producer to help out and it shows.

Leave it to mlg to find a way to run an event in the most overbloated way possible.

Maybe I'll get lucky again and get a free hd pass complementary of mlg's online technicians.

Zzoram

Why are there more casters than players at the Spring Arena 1? How do you even have a 3 day competition with 8 people?

They're doing a massive round robin I think with all players playing each other for seeding into a bracket.

Personally I think that's a better way of measuring skill, making everyone play everyone.

Corran Horn

They're doing a massive round robin I think with all players playing each other for seeding into a bracket.

Personally I think that's a better way of measuring skill, making everyone play everyone.

Round robins are cool as long as all players are good, which it looks like it will be.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Belgium Qualifiers

Yes! Finally something SC2 related in Belgium!

Wait.... what?!

heh

norway, finland, denmark and sweden all in sweden for the finals

also a bit annoyed sweden only has 3 spots not 4 like germany

Striek

Looks like they knocked the price down to $10. Down from what? $20 was it?
Not the same thing.
The next proper arena is $20. This one has 1/4 the players and a much lower prize pool.

Edit: Da fuck. Watching Incontrols stream for the first time in ages and hes commentating Cranks stream. Not even an event, just random korean protoss whose stream is on. Da fuck.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Attention Yoshi!

You are needed in the binge gaming thread in gaming for obvious reasons. :p
I just woke up, wtf is going on? What did I miss?

edit: if it had to do with the HoN/DotA-crap, then I'm sorry - I can't do anything about that. I have literally zero pity to those two communities..

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The amount of praise Naniwa is getting is insane. It's like some people actually forget that Naniwa is actually terrible and he's just having a good day right now.

Top Bottom