• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Silly foreigner.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
JackyPrime (Calm Before The Storm, Crossfire SE, Xel'Naga Fortress, Crevasse) has joined ESV. interesting to see a Korean mapmaker join them.

Zzoram

3 zvp in a row, 9 pooled all 3 and won. I've been playing zerg all wrong.

EDIT: 4 times now.

It's because protoss all FFE and at the earliest make a 14 forge. You probably get there just before the forge finishes, and if they don't already have a pylon at their minerals to start a cannon it's gg. Many Protoss put their 2nd pylon at the natural and so auto lose.

I always 9 scout PvZ so I can start a cannon in my minerals slightly faster if I see Zerglings or a really early pool.

It's because protoss all FFE and at the earliest make a 14 forge. You probably get there just before the forge finishes, and if they don't already have a pylon at their minerals to start a cannon it's gg. Many Protoss put their 2nd pylon at the natural and so auto lose.

I always 9 scout PvZ so I can start a cannon in my minerals slightly faster if I see Zerglings or a really early pool.

1 base colossi into mothership. What else is there?

Striek

On most maps you can defend a 10pool - and i presume a 9 pool - with a 14 forge, just gotta cannon main if you usually go nex first and don't scout it in time.

To be the ultimate cheesier you have to cannon rush into DTs into 1 base colosi into mothership with archons

You fucking GENIUS!

I'm going to work on that build order.

Edit: Thinking this through, we need to flesh out the process behind all of this. Is it cannon rush into DT defense with 1 base colossi drops to harass then start production on the mothership while massing archons for the final recall push?

To be the ultimate cheesier you have to cannon rush into DTs into 1 base colosi into mothership with archons

>.> There is nowhere near enough carriers to make this the ultimate cheeser. I'm going to start laddering again and just go carries in every matchup. Someone needs to convince blizzard they are worth keeping.

>.> There is nowhere near enough carriers to make this the ultimate cheeser. I'm going to start laddering again and just go carries in every matchup. Someone needs to convince blizzard they are worth keeping.

You can't cheese with a paper thin unit. I'd rather go mass observers...

On that note, there's another build to try.

chances are he gets there before there is a wall or a cannon and just wins

I've noticed most Protoss don't build a wall in ZvP, at least in the lower leagues. I'm not sure why. Terran are just bred to turtle, so they always do, but any time I've done an early pool build I've been able to waltz right into the Protoss base.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
SK.MC is streaming, he's singing karaoke while playing, and his girlfriend is beside him

~4670 viewers
Tell me something MC can't do

zlatko

Banned
It's far more economical. If you do some damage but don't win, you end up roughly even, or Zerg is even ahead. With a 6pool if it fails, you lose.

Makes sense, but how far off is the timing between a 6 and a 9? I'm more of the economical approach of Zerg, but if I am going to cheese, I'd rather do the 6 and just let it rock instead of showing up with a 9 pool, can't do any damage, now what? Try to play catch up and drag a game out to hope he fucks up? :p

Edit: What league did this net you 4 wins against P though?

Yoshichan

Wait, when did they revert the ladder-thingy? (So that you don't play people who are worse/better then you)

Yoshichan

Wow... Blizzard ♥

It's cuz everyone complained right?

Yoshichan

Yep I can definitely see how that was a problem.

Yoshichan

I was against it from day one. :p
Played five placements matches, got into diamond and now you're stuck there and want to get demoted XD?

zlatko

Banned
Played five placements matches, got into diamond and now you're stuck there and want to get demoted XD?

Silly Yoshi! I played my 5 matches, got into Diamond, and retired until HoTS like a boss nerd!

It was just a shitty idea from the start for them to do it no matter where you are on the ladder. It impedes proper improvement I feel when you aren't fighting same caliber players to maintain a 50-50 win so you are still having fun, but then also start to raise it past the 50-50 because of your hard work to inch to that next placement.

Getting roflstomped in SC2 is some depressing ass shit. :p

Yoshichan

Silly Yoshi! I played my 5 matches, got into Diamond, and retired until HoTS like a boss nerd!
♥

I believe in you! Keep at it :3

Hey guys, so I've posted here a little bit, I'm loving SC2, I watch Day9, but I basically want to consume everything SC2 but don't really know which way to go. Just click all the links in OP and try to learn as much as possible? About the tourneys, etc?

Also, I was 1v1ing, TvP and I saw he was going to bring high templars via a scan. This is on Shakuras, so before we engage I drop 4 tanks on the high ground and he has no vision. He was high platinum and I got called a noob. Is this just him being angry or what? I'm still a noob in general to SC2 but I don't see why that would be noobish.

Deadman

Hey guys, so I've posted here a little bit, I'm loving SC2, I watch Day9, but I basically want to consume everything SC2 but don't really know which way to go. Just click all the links in OP and try to learn as much as possible? About the tourneys, etc?

Also, I was 1v1ing, TvP and I saw he was going to bring high templars via a scan. This is on Shakuras, so before we engage I drop 4 tanks on the high ground and he has no vision. He was high platinum and I got called a noob. Is this just him being angry or what? I'm still a noob in general to SC2 but I don't see why that would be noobish.

Hes just angry, ive seen pros put tanks on the high ground before.

Zzoram

Ignore people's comments in-game. 95% of the time it's just someone raging because they're losing. People say nonsensical things all the time.

Watch MLG/IPL/IEM/Dreamhack/GSL to learn things, read the Teamliquid strategy forum for some build orders, and just play a lot. Oh, and listen to State of the Game podcast.

Yoshichan

Ignore the haters, ignore the rage'ers. What you did was boss, keep at it boss!

Top Bottom