• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Mention your Foxer love. Or else it will all be for naught.
I will do that as-well. I will also mention my hatred to Blizzard. Fucking terrible developer.

zlatko

Banned
I will do that as-well. I will also mention my hatred to Blizzard. Fucking terrible developer.

I will punch you in the penis tip if you speak ill of Blizzard. I shall name my first born after them, and it will only be allowed to speak,eat,sleep, etc if the household we live in is connected to the internet.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Sadness. Last pic of oGs together

As89YtuCMAApGx9.jpg

Im sure alot of them will be back as a new team though.

Corran Horn

LoL is already killing our community. Now we've gotta hope Dota 2 kills them and then shows mercy to SC2.

Once Heart of the Swarm gets near, the hype train for SC2 will be large again. But LoL will be huge for awhile now...although that shit is boring to watch :p

Once Heart of the Swarm gets near, the hype train for SC2 will be large again. But LoL will be huge for awhile now...although that shit is boring to watch :p

HOTS will still be SC2, an rts that is harder to jump into than a moba. And as long as Blizz doesn't support the more casual aspects of the game like team games and customs, interest will continue to deflate.

There will always be hardcore fans, but I expect the money to start moving more and more to LoL, DOTA2, etc until the next big thing comes out.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Thats old news bro.

Told your brother last night about your math test he was not happy. Going to get him to straighten you out.
my talk with holden yesterday:

Holden: i got 15.5/20 on my energies test in pyshics
me: like a baws, that stuffs complicated.
holden: yeah, did they teach you E=mc^2 in highschool?
me: ...

ksan

A lot of Dota players are alike to the people playing SC/Quake/CS, they like competitive games. My impression of the LoL community isn't the same.
Cause of that I think Dota players are more interested in SC2 than LoL players. Let's just hope China sticks to Dota :)

Holden

my talk with holden yesterday:

Holden: i got 15.5/20 on my energies test in pyshics
me: like a baws, that stuffs complicated.
holden: yeah, did they teach you E=mc^2 in highschool?
me: ...

yo fuck if i know what you learn in other countrys and i take classes with more physics t.t

Zen

Banned
HOTS will still be SC2, an rts that is harder to jump into than a moba. And as long as Blizz doesn't support the more casual aspects of the game like team games and customs, interest will continue to deflate.

There will always be hardcore fans, but I expect the money to start moving more and more to LoL, DOTA2, etc until the next big thing comes out.

Yep, Blizzard needs to get their heads out of their asses, they also need to add in game support for waching tournament streams, just like Riot. Sadly, they will do none of these things or save them for the third game (like they've been saving all these good Bnet features fro HoTS) and will act completely surprised and dumbfounded when someone brings up their incompetent.

Have they even commented once on why the customs main page is automatically populated by empty games? Do they enjoy killing their community?

SCII won't disappear on the casual or professional scene, but Blizzard has done their best to limit its potential.

It's actually very annoying to see play out.

Yep, Blizzard needs to get their heads out of their asses, they also need to add in game support for waching tournament streams, just like Riot. Sadly, they will do none of these things or save them for the third game (like they've been saving all these good Bnet features fro HoTS) and will act completely surprised and dumbfounded when someone brings up their incompetent.

Have they even commented once on why the customs main page is automatically populated by empty games? Do they enjoy killing their community?

SCII won't disappear on the casual or professional scene, but Blizzard has done their best to limit its potential.

It's actually very annoying to see play out.

I think LoL will die out eventually, but right now it's dominating the scene. There are simple things Blizzard could do to address this.

LoL is far more popular than SC2 in Korea. If the upcoming proleague produces average games (very likely), SC2 could continue stagnating there, and we'll see even more movement to LoL.

Businesses will only lose so much money before moving SC2 to the corner to focus on LoL/Dota2.

I think LoL will die out eventually, but right now it's dominating the scene. There are simple things Blizzard could do to address this.

LoL is far more popular than SC2 in Korea. If the upcoming proleague produces average games (very likely), SC2 could continue stagnating there, and we'll see even more movement to LoL.

Businesses will only lose so much money before moving SC2 to the corner to focus on LoL/Dota2.

In Rob Simpson we trust?

Jeff-DSA

I don't know how people can watch it. It's a major snoozer, even at the highest levels. StarCraft is much easier to watch, but I almost wonder if Blizzard needs to split the game into two products, an elite package and a casual package. Patches on the elite package are geared toward tuning the game for high level play and the casual package tuning address things going on in sub-Master play. People can still choose to be on the elite arc of patches if that's where they want to be, but by default most people are on the casual patch arc unless they say differently.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Starcraft IS easier to watch and enjoy but it's not as easy to understand why what the players are doing is hard. There are a lot of people that just watch Starcraft and don't even play it. LoL is extremely casual friendly, not to mention it's free. It just has a larger audience that can appreciate how much effort it takes to pull off the plays that the pros do.

If Blizzard can gain some players back with unranked matchmaking I imagine more people will start watching SC2 and can gain a better appreciation as well. We can only hope.

I don't think DOTA2 will kill LoL at all actually. DOTA2 is way more hardcore in comparison and will scare away the casual players. I think the two will be competing against each other for awhile, at least until the next big thing pops up.

Jeff-DSA

Blizzard should just embrace the free to play movement and let people play unranked ladder on a free to play basis. Just limit them to one race on unranked ladders unless they buy the full version.

Zen

Banned
HotS should be released as free to play/download. I know they have a starter edition that's free, but it should be a choice between going all in for 60 dollars to get the full complete product, or getting what is in the starter edition but then having payment tiers for the campaign and such. HotS should be marketed as a free to play product that you can buy into to unlock more.

Deadman

HotS should be released as free to play/download. I know they have a starter edition that's free, but it should be a choice between going all in for 60 dollars to get the full complete product, or getting what is in the starter edition but then having payment tiers for the campaign and such. HotS should be marketed as a free to play product that you can buy into to unlock more.

Marines $5 each, stim $10.

Corran Horn

Mobas are not exactly friendly to jump in.

Sliver

Catz and Drewbie also changed their Twitters to ROOTCatz and ROOTDrewbie.

I'm guessing ROOT will reform with Kiwi, Slush, Destiny, Catz and Drewbie. Would be pretty neat.

Spl1nter

Congratulations to me! I decided to play a ladder game since the D3 servers are down and got promoted to diamond! I can now say that I am a diamond protoss player.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
A lot of Dota players are alike to the people playing SC/Quake/CS, they like competitive games. My impression of the LoL community isn't the same.
Cause of that I think Dota players are more interested in SC2 than LoL players. Let's just hope China sticks to Dota :)

I'd agree with this.

Also I think Blizzard were hoping for something like DotA to be made for SC2, some kind of custom game that keeps people loading up. But pretty much every custom I've played for SC2 has been terrible.

New IPL5 format sounds terrible.

Just straight up double elimination bracket with %75 of the qualifying spots given to bad foreigners and amateurs... blech

I guess we'll have to wait till top 8 until all the bad players are eliminated so we can see some good starcraft played by the superior race.

Jeff-DSA

Congratulations to me! I decided to play a ladder game since the D3 servers are down and got promoted to diamond! I can now say that I am a diamond protoss player.

Easier or harder than getting there as a Terran? Recent BS has me thinking of switching again just after I finally calmed down.

Sliver

Shitty foreign pros remake shitty team!

:p

ROOT was the first team of a lot of notable NA pros such as QXC, Sheth, Kiwikaki, Slush, Kitty etc, because of their scouting of players with potential. On the other side huge personalities like Destiny and Catz also came to be because of ROOT. They're a hell of a lot better than other foreign teams that are just buying up all the good Koreans, which will not foster a good foreign scene.

Corran Horn

ROOT was the first team of a lot of notable NA pros such as QXC, Sheth, Kiwikaki, Slush, Kitty etc, because of their scouting of players with potential. On the other side huge personalities like Destiny and Catz also came to be because of ROOT. They're a hell of a lot better than other foreign teams that are just buying up all the good Koreans, which will not foster a good foreign scene.
Look at the team now. Don't tell me it's good.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

Better...how? Personality? Sure. Raw skill? C'mon son.

Sliver

Better...how? Personality? Sure. Raw skill? C'mon son.

I mean in a sense of progressing the NA scene as a whole, I suppose. Of course the teams that buy Koreans will have better players. ROOT did the Korean team thing where they found good players, gave them a team and a chance to get noticed. Regardless of skill they're already my favorite foreign team for that reason.

Corran Horn

I mean in a sense of progressing the NA scene as a whole, I suppose. Of course the teams that buy Koreans will have better players. ROOT did the Korean team thing where they found good players, gave them a team and a chance to get noticed. Regardless of skill they're already my favorite foreign team for that reason.

So you like farm teams.

Corran Horn

Finally bought a mouse today that didnt cost 10 dollars or less. Bought the Razer Deathadder. Think I need to buy a mouse pad now since its sensitive it can slightly move (twitching around on screen) while standing still. Havnt used a mouse pad since like middle school...

Mairu

New IPL5 format sounds terrible.

Just straight up double elimination bracket with %75 of the qualifying spots given to bad foreigners and amateurs... blech

I guess we'll have to wait till top 8 until all the bad players are eliminated so we can see some good starcraft played by the superior race.

actual regional qualifiers is a good thing and so is investing in new talent ;|

Top Bottom