• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Just turned on SotG. I am excite. I don't normally watch the video, just listen to the podcast during the commute to work. 4:41! crazy!

@CorranHorn, you need to add Holden asking Panda to get on Mumble into that circle.

Zzoram

SlayerS vs Mouz

Puzzle > Mana
Puzzle > MorroW
Puzzle < Thorzain
Miya < Thorzain
Alicia > Thorzain
Alicia < biGs
Ryung < biGs
Ven (Soccer) > biGs
Ven < HasuObs

Mouz advances to finals against QIM

Zzoram

Blizzard said:
TL Open
On the subject of new maps, TeamLiquid.net recently hosted a map contest to offer map makers a chance to show off their skills. This past weekend, the top contenders in the TL Open battled it out on the top maps that emerged from that contest. The TL Open tournament has now concluded, but you can still see these new maps in action by checking out the replays and VoDs. We&#8217;re carefully reviewing the maps that were featured in the tournament, and those which meet our standards have a chance to be included in future ladder seasons.

Nice, I hope they use some of the TL maps for ladder season 6.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Season 4 had the best maps of all seasons...

*checks Season 5 maps and expects shitty maps*

edit: HOLY SHIT, are you kidding me Blizzard?!

These maps will be removed
(4)Abyssal Caverns
(4)Nerazim Crypt

Those two maps were the only two maps I had veto'D :lol Wow, season 5 maps = BEST OF ALL TIME.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
dont worry yoshi, it looks like you'll be vetoing the two new ones anyway
I honestly have problems knowing if a map is good or not by reading stuff about it... I need to play them 20 times or something to judge ._. but do they sound shitty to you?

Zzoram

I'll veto the 2 new maps and Xel'Naga Caverns.

Or do we only have 2 vetoes? In that case I'll veto Xel'Naga Caverns and probably Arid Plateau which looks worse according to early opinions.

Yoshichan

Still 3 vetos :) Season 4 was the only time I didn't veto more than 2 maps.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I honestly have problems knowing if a map is good or not by reading stuff about it... I need to play them 20 times or something to judge ._. but do they sound shitty to you?
look at:

Top vs Top
Bottom vs Bottom

on entombed valley.

and:

natural distance and third distance on arid.

Yoshichan

Oh, is he streaming :D?

edit: n/m :(

Yoshichan

Ridiculously hilarious :lol

syllogism

GOMTV Statement
http://www.gomtv.net/forum/view.gom?topicid=212470&cid=0&kind=8

What a surprise that they're full of shit.
What a surprise, you aren't and have never been unbiased on the topic of Naniwa (also regarding complexity)

http://www.thisisgame.com/board/vie...est=&searchmode=title&search=&orderby=&token=

This was written in November and asks "Would Naniwa get Code S? [from providence]", to which the answer is "Not decided". Korean posters on TL also confirm that the korean netizens didn't think a code S spot was awarded in providence, further collaborating GOMTV's side of the story

Q8D3vil

hopefully they remove the code s seat for the next mlg season and make it code a only.

did gsl send any korean for providence ?
if not then its doesn't count as an normal mlg.

Deadly

hopefully they remove the code s seat for the next mlg season and make it code a only.

No Koreans were sent as part of the exchange because top16 was automatically seeded to championship bracket. It wasn't a normal MLG it was the "championship" event.

Q8D3vil

No Koreans were sent as part of the exchange because top16 was automatically seeded to championship bracket. It wasn't a normal MLG it was the "championship" event.
i know :p

the exchange is suppose to be: mlg to bring 4 Koreans from the gsl for code s/a seats for top non code s/a players.

since providence is top16 was seeded already they didn't bring any players so gom have the right to not give any code s/a spot to any top finish.

unless there is a contract that demand giving code s for the top non code s player then gom are not liable to give any code s spot.
even if it was in the contract i don't think mlg would bother doing anything for someone who think that their tournament is a joke.

Vaporak

MLG winners aren't getting anymore invites at all for next year as I recall, b/c MLG is moving to a different schedule that doesn't line up with GSL as well as this last years did.

Q8D3vil

MLG winners aren't getting anymore invites at all for next year as I recall, b/c MLG is moving to a different schedule that doesn't line up with GSL as well as this last years did.
awesome, so every korean will have the chance to attend mlg.

Sigh except MLG did fly out koreans via the LXP: http://pro.majorleaguegaming.com/news/mc-mma-bomber-and-mvp-to-mlg-providence

Anyway the Up and Down matches look good for Hero, all Zerg and Protoss.
can't argue to that then.
if they were clear that top player would get it then they should give it to naniwa.

Dooraven

Slayers lost to mouz? o.o

They feilded a decent team too, Puzzle, Alicia and Ryung. Although they did feild Soccer and Miya (who exactly?).

mouz has an even more stacked roster than we thought lol, biGs owning it up.

Deadman

Both the new maps actually look pretty cool, probably wont veto them. Glad that arid plateau is only top left vs bottom right.

Top Bottom