• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Keikaku

Question to all Zergs out there. So the following just happened:

- ZvZ on Taldarim, I'm bottom right, he's top right.
- We both go 14 gas, 14 pool
- We both get around 10 lings
- He then makes a Hatchery at his natural
- I add a Roach Warren and then my natural. I also make 2 spines.
- I get a ling scout in and see that he doesn't have a Baneling Nest. It's not even started.
- He's still on 10 lings and adding drones.
- I pump a full round of lings, attack and kill him.

Was I wrong to do that? Was I retarded? WTF people . . . I scouted you, you made way too many drones, I made lings and killed you, how is that a bad thing?!? Why do I get yelled at for it?

EDIT: I would post the replay but I stayed in game and worked on my macro until I maxed. I can post if you guys want.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Question to all Zergs out there. So the following just happened:

- ZvZ on Taldarim, I'm bottom right, he's top right.
- We both go 14 gas, 14 pool
- We both get around 10 lings
- He then makes a Hatchery at his natural
- I add a Roach Warren and then my natural. I also make 2 spines.
- I get a ling scout in and see that he doesn't have a Baneling Nest. It's not even started.
- He's still on 10 lings and adding drones.
- I pump a full round of lings, attack and kill him.

Was I wrong to do that? Was I retarded? WTF people . . . I scouted you, you made way too many drones, I made lings and killed you, how is that a bad thing?!? Why do I get yelled at for it?

EDIT: I would post the replay but I stayed in game and worked on my macro until I maxed. I can post if you guys want.
That sounds correct to me.
Lings fastest to get there and no counter = you do econ damage and get another full scout.

Zen

Banned
ya ive given gomtv a shit ton of my money and i never got that discount they promised me for being a paying member so fuck them

That's weird, I've always gotten it.

this whole combatex apology thing is funny when you remember that there's another known maphacker out there who spends his days trolling people on his smurf accounts and the community loves him for it. :\

Both known former cheaters, yeah. CombatEX's apology video seemed a bit misguided. I think the best way to get back on TL is to spend a year just contributing to the community, and building his contacts/friendships. The whole CombatEX/InControl on skype thing did him more harm than good even though Incontrol was being a huge douche in comparison, and 3-4 months of good behavior isn't enough for a lot of people with long memories.

Do I think he's sincere? Yeah, but a cagier way to get back into TL is to just not show how much power they have in the situation.

Zen

Banned
he said maphacker......
no way its dragon

Controversy

Using a smurf account Seo Yeon Ji(서연지), Dragon participated in various online tournaments. In particular, he participated in A1 KotH where he finished 1st in September 2010’s overall ranking. Based on this result, he was invited to play in A1 Starcraft2 Tournament #2 which invited top 6 players from KotH and 2 other players.

In the first round of the tournament, he played against TheStC and won. Soon after the match, TheStC wrote in PlayXP that “Seo Yeon Ji used absurd counter build order without scouting. I know that Seo Yeon Ji is MioWerra’s smurf account and MioWerra has been doing stream-cheating online.”[4]

After speaking with TheStC and members of WeRRa, Dragon publicly apologized to TheStC, members of oGs and WeRRa. After Dragon was accused of maphacking, streamcheating and match fixing on PlayXP-forums[5], he then replied that "he was sorry for what he had done" but didn't go into detail which parts of the allegations were true. Furthermore he stated that he would “never dream of other tournaments, televised matches, or pursue a career as a pro-gamer.”[6]

WeRRa’s clan master Gundam and vice clan master Cella also apologized publicly and Dragon was expelled from WeRRa. WeRRa disbanded a month later, after another scandal surrounding it’s clan master Gundam.

After getting expelled from WeRRa, Dragon joined SlayerS clan. He succeeded in qualifying for GSL 3 In November 2010 which led to a public outcry. Despite public pressure, GOMTV took no action against him. After getting eliminated by NesTea in the first round, he wrote an apology for breaking his earlier promise. Mr. Chae from GOMTV also released a statement explaining their stance on the matter.[7]

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Dragon

hamchan

he said maphacker......
no way its dragon

According to liquipedia Dragon was accused of maphacking, streamching and matchfixing but we don't know what he's guilty of yet.

Anyways, we like him more than Combatex because he's not a fucking asshole. Plus he actually has skills.

Dragon ftw, best SC2 stream.

Keikaku

If you guys aren't watching the GSL Up and Down matches, oGsInca is playing out of his goddamned mind right now. He's taken out Polt and Losira. The win against Losira in particular was a dominating victory.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
If you guys aren't watching the GSL Up and Down matches, oGsInca is playing out of his goddamned mind right now. He's taken out Polt and Losira. The win against Losira in particular was a dominating victory.

Inca...the guy who DT rushed 4 times in a row during a finals...I gotta see this.

CombatEX is great. He spices out the scene since he's the only one who can actually trash talk and does it with flare, there is nothing more cringe worthy than some awkward guy trying to trash talk or do some half assed thumbs down and looking like an idiot.

I still believe that this "apology" video is nothing but another troll, next week the guy will come out with another video "gotta ya bitches, Hotbid is still an asshole"

MrKnives

According to liquipedia Dragon was accused of maphacking, streamching and matchfixing but we don't know what he's guilty of yet.
Anyways, we like him more than Combatex because he's not a fucking asshole. Plus he actually has skills.

Dragon ftw, best SC2 stream.

"After speaking with TheStC and members of WeRRa, Dragon publicly apologized to TheStC, members of oGs and WeRRa. After Dragon was accused of maphacking, streamcheating and match fixing on PlayXP-forums[5], he then replied that "he was sorry for what he had done" but didn't go into detail which parts of the allegations were true."

So why apologize for something you haven't done. I would imagine if some part of the allegations weren't true he would mention that and only apologize for what he has actually done.

Also what skills are we talking about? Everytime I open his stream he is trolling gold players with mass nukes or something.

hamchan

"After speaking with TheStC and members of WeRRa, Dragon publicly apologized to TheStC, members of oGs and WeRRa. After Dragon was accused of maphacking, streamcheating and match fixing on PlayXP-forums[5], he then replied that "he was sorry for what he had done" but didn't go into detail which parts of the allegations were true."

So why apologize for something you haven't done. I would imagine if some part of the allegations weren't true he would mention that and only apologize for what he has actually done.

Also what skills are we talking about? Everytime I open his stream he is trolling gold players with mass nukes or something.

Uh yeah... he's guilty of at least one of the three but we don't know what yet. Exactly what it says there and what I said.

Also Dragon has reached no 1 GM in NA. That actually takes skills despite it being on the NA server.

He is a top 20 GM in Korea (and i don't think he gets to practice that much) and has made GSL before. I'm not going to say he's great but he obviously isn't too bad.

Edit: Or top 20 GM in NA lol, still isn't too bad. Although i thought i saw him in GM in Korea.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I'm surprised he managed to join SlayerS after all of that.

Koreans are extremely brutal when it comes to match fixing.

Keikaku

Inca...the guy who DT rushed 4 times in a row during a finals...I gotta see this.

The fuck, what did I miss?
You guys will love this next bit: He won both times with really, really nice DT timings and attacks.

The first game against Polt he hid a Twilight Council, Dark Shrine and 2 Gates on Taldarim and held off Polt's 2-rax pressure while getting his expansion up. He then killed Polt by sniping his Starport and Tech Lab addons to delay a Raven coming out.

He then got out 4 Zealots really fast on Dual Sight, forced the Hatch cancel and blocked the ramp with the Zealots. That forced a ton of lings which was followed up by 3 DT's coming and taking out his main Hatchery, the Roach Warren and both gasses. He got up his expo and did a timing attack with Blink shortly after. It was a really, really nice game.

MrKnives

Uh yeah... he's guilty of at least one of the three but we don't know what yet. Exactly what it says there and what I said.

Also Dragon has reached no 1 GM in NA. That actually takes skills despite it being on the NA server.

My point was that if he was accused to maphacking, streamcheating and map fixing and he is guilty only to streamcheating, wouldn't he say so? Not just apologize in general for things he is accused of without clarifying which ones are true or not.
Also since when any of those are in any way acceptable.

Congrats to him for his GM 1 spot that happened when? Great way to use his skills by trolling NA Bronze-Platinum players. Never got why people think it's so damn funny.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Dragon stream cheating? What the fuck am I reading?

My favourite moment on slayers dragon's stream was when he played a bo7 with ret and got crushed 4-0.

The surprising thing would be if Ret didn't win. Dragon isn't in a teamhouse and doesn't get that much time to train. It's kind of hard to remain competitive in that situation.

Zen

Banned

This was fairly well known when it happened, I'm surprised that more people don't seem aware of it?

CombatEX has also been #1 GM on NA, without mass cannon rushing, or stream cheating
to get there (as per Destiny, and this is post his stream cheating days).

As for Slayers Dragon, you're right that he didn't go into specifics, but he didn't both to refute any of the three claims, and we do know that he went back on his word about never entering another tournament or pursuing a career as a pro game. That doesn't change anything about how I enjoy Slayers Dragons stream, though.

Be fair, CombatEX has just as much skill as someone like Slayers Dragon. CombatEX has frequently beaten, and practices with players like Sheth, Destiny, and CatZ, so there's no real room for 'no skill' comments. People like to act like CombatEX is just another Deezer, but he's far from it.

Personally I find his videos to be very useful even though I don't play Toss.

hamchan

My point was that if he was accused to maphacking, streamcheating and map fixing and he is guilty only to streamcheating, wouldn't he say so? Not just apologize in general for things he is accused of without clarifying which ones are true or not.
Also since when any of those are in any way acceptable.

Never said any of those are acceptable wtf. What I will say is that we don't know what he's guilty of and there's no point speculating on it when it happened like a year ago.

Congrats to him for his GM 1 spot that happened when? Great way to use his skills by trolling NA Bronze-Platinum players. Never got why people think it's so damn funny.

Well apparently he trained in the Slayers house in October so he was last streaming two or three months ago, which is a season or two I guess.

Also the trolling actually is quite funny to me anyways. You not finding it funny does explain why you sound so sour towards him.

Zen said:
CombatEX has also been #1 GM on NA, without mass cannon rushing, or stream cheating
to get there (as per Destiny, and this is post his stream cheating days).

As for Slayers Dragon, you're right that he didn't go into specifics, but he didn't both to refute any of the three claims, and we do know that he went back on his word about never entering another tournament or pursuing a career as a pro game. That doesn't change anything about how I enjoy Slayers Dragons stream, though.

Be fair, CombatEX has just as much skill as someone like Slayers Dragon. CombatEX has frequently beaten, and practices with players like Sheth, Destiny, and CatZ, so there's no real room for 'no skill' comments. People like to act like CombatEX is just another Deezer, but he's far from it.

Personally I find his videos to be very useful even though I don't play Toss.

Alright, I didn't know that CombatEX has also reached #1 GM. The man has skills, I admit it. Guess him being an asshole is the only reason why people dislike him. I actually like him much more than Deezer.

MrKnives

or/and maphacking
or/and match fixing

The surprising thing would be if Ret didn't win. Dragon isn't in a teamhouse and doesn't get that much time to train. It's kind of hard to remain competitive in that situation.

Spending more time in bronze probably isn't helping either

Never said any of those are acceptable wtf. What I will say is that we don't know what he's guilty of and there's no point speculating on it when it happened like a year ago.

True, you didn't didn't so I apologize. I just felt you had the attitude of "we don't know which one he is guilty of so we should just drop it". He is guilty to at least one of those things and he didn't even get punished for it.

hamchan said:
Also the trolling actually is quite funny to me anyways. You not finding it funny does explain why you sound so sour towards him.

Sorry for not understanding the fun in making fun of lower skilled players while trying to be portraited as a competetive player. That's just disrespectful and him constantly going "mass nuke kill you :):)" ":)" ":)" after every explosions doesn't make it funnier. But you are right. That's one reason I don't like him.

Destiny is a CombatEX fanboy and you all just Destiny fanboys.

I'm not a fan of either of them

Spending more time in bronze probably isn't helping either

To be honest this is only really a recent thing. I've been watching him for a fair while and he usually doesn't do this (although he has been more lately). Beyond that i'm not even sure he is trying to play as a pro as he has a different job.

Sorry for not understanding the fun in making fun of lower skilled players while trying to be portraited as a competetive player.

I'm not sure he is trying to make fun of them, he is just having a bit of fun on his stream and entertaining his fans. In general i don't think he really portrays himself as a competitive player. I'm pretty sure he didn't even compete in code B because of work commitments ( i would like to see him actually train and give it a real go).

That's just disrespectful and him constantly going "mass nuke kill you :):)" ":)" ":)" after every explosions doesn't make it funnier. But you are right. That's one reason I don't like him.

That's not really what he does and most of them seem to take it in pretty good humour.

I like dragon because he is funny and he seems to really enjoy playing the game. I do agree that i wish he would get back to streaming GM games instead of trolling low level leagues as that is what i like watching him do.

Q8D3vil

at this point dragon is just whoring himself out for more viewers.

shame, i used to love watching him play in the Korean ladder.

hamchan

at this point dragon is just whoring himself out for more viewers.

shame, i used to love watching him play in the Korean ladder.
?

He's doing the exact same thing he did months ago which is grinding a low level account up to a high level. He'll be facing masters level players soon anyways.

hamchan

and he's doing that because.... oh right, the viewers.
By the way what's wrong with this anyways? It's not like he has any aspirations to be a progamer anymore. Might as well use his gaming skills and the fact that people like to watch him to make a steady amount of extra income.

Q8D3vil

By the way what's wrong with this anyways? It's not like he has any aspirations to be a progamer anymore. Might as well use his gaming skills and the fact that people like to watch him to make a steady amount of extra income.
i don't have problem with that.
i just hate how he is trolling gold lower league just for fun.

Holden

?

He's doing the exact same thing he did months ago which is grinding a low level account up to a high level. He'll be facing masters level players soon anyways.

huk allmost got banned for playing on TLO account;

and dragon doesn't seem to get anyhting..

Not that hate dragon but wtf blizz ;/

fanboi

Banned
i don't have problem with that.
i just hate how he is trolling gold lower league just for fun.

Admin... if you where on his level you would have 23 accounts (all bought with black gold money) where you would do the same!

EDIT: Which maps should I veto as a Z now then?

Top Bottom