• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
:lol :lol :lol

what the fuck is even going on?!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I dunno why I keep posting Day9 Dailies now... but the recent one's been pretty good, if you take away all the bullshit (half of it):

Day[9] Daily #503 P1 - Day[9] HotS ladder games #2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOBIExgI0gg&feature=plcp

That's the very problem I started having with the daily. It took too long (I think it was roughly an hour) to convey a point or a strategy that should've taken 5-10 minutes to properly explain. Watching the daily will help people get out of Bronze, Silver, Gold, Plat etc. But the only way to start improving on that is to just practice.

I think that's probably why the daily isn't being viewed too much anymore. It's a good archive of information, but what can he really talk about in WoL that hasn't discussed already (besides niche strategies and metagame shifts).

The daily is actually a terrible source to get you out of bronze,silver, gold, plat etc. He way over analyses tiny things which really aren't the big problems for people in those leagues. The only reason people going there for advice were seeing so much improvement is because they were taking the time to study the game in some form.

Some of them are ok but for the most part they are way to long winded considering how little information they convey. Something more concise that won't turn away newer players would be better imo.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Long time no see! Couldn't sleep because I kept thinking of battle hellions and upgrades.

Letting so few people in seems to defeat the purpose of a beta. I mean if they want to find all the bugs and balance issues they need more people in the beta.

Shrug you can say that about any beta. I wish every beta was open :/

That's true but i only really comment on this one because i don't really care about pretty much any other games with betas. Also the situation is slightly different when you want your game to be an esport. That means it requires a lot mroe balance testing than your regular game.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
That's true but i only really comment on this one because i don't really care about pretty much any other games with betas. Also the situation is slightly different when you want your game to be an esport. That means it requires a lot mroe balance testing than your regular game.

The biggest problem I see with beta testing the game is that majority of the pros will not play it until they are needed to (tournaments switch). So they might released something that is considered balanced at launch but then the meta games will change that very quickly.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Yeah.... There's no way I'm paying MLG for an online tournament.

Its not JP casting from his MLG home though! lol

Wonder if its just gonna be skype cast again? Didnt read the actual report since Im not gonna pay that much attention to it.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
So you know that kespa vs americans online tournament from mlg? Its pay per view lol, $10.

Why would anyone want to watch this slaughterfest? And online only? No crowd? eff that.

Edit: Just on dreamhack the first day schedule is pretty terrible. Every group is SO predictable, there are 2 good players guaranteed to go through and 2 bad players with no shot in hell. These random long breaks when there are so many games to get through aren't helping. I can't help but feel this is going to lead to this tournament getting far less viewers than something like WCS Europe.

uhhh...did anyone just see taeja go full bit by bit? 200 supply and he pulled every scv. Nightend 2-1 taeja.

Just felt like he couldn't be bothered playing out the game. He was up by 20 supply and was up by 1 or 2 bases. The move made no sense.

SC2 has become so predictable in general I'm surprised people watch for anything but major stars.

I don't feel like it's any more or less predictable than most sports i watch. The games are fun to watch so i watch them. In general most people do only watch for the top tier of players and that's why the viewers are so much lower at the start of the tournament. Not sure that this is really a problem.

Yoshichan

Agreed. Most of the times, I don't find SC2 boring or predictable. Mostly players just streaming their games and it's really my bread'n'butter of entertainment nowadays.

Deadman

F40pK.png

Dat group A.

Zzoram

I've been mostly watching SC2 for star players and storylines lately. Not enough time to watch everything.

I mostly care about KeSPA vs anyone and Scarlett.

Results went as expected, looking forward to tonight. I still hate how tournaments have those massive breaks. Like i decide to watch some games but nope here is a 90 minute break. What the hell are you supposed to do with a break like that? If i go off to do something for that long i'm probably not coming back.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Damn. Thought the 2nd group stage would be a seperate night so I missed thge good groups :(:(

Poor grubby :(

I want a moon v grubby clash.

Top Bottom