• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Zzoram

Proleague maps being imbalanced doesn't matter because teams can choose what race they want to send out on each map.

KT vs EG-TL was a 4-0 stomp by KT. I don't think you can say these Proleague teams aren't up to ESF standards.

Aaron

I managed to trudge through most of it and reached the spider girl boss. I've died at least 6 times to her now. Once when she was at literally 10HP >_<.
Head to her lair as human. You'll be invaded by an NPC. Dodge her attacks and she's an easy kill. After killing her, you'll be able to summon her against the spider. Then just wear your best fireproof gear and go.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Head to her lair as human. You'll be invaded by an NPC. Dodge her attacks and she's an easy kill. After killing her, you'll be able to summon her against the spider. Then just wear your best fireproof gear and go.

I actually found it easier to kill her without the NPC getting in my way since I can more easily see her moves being telegraphed. Now that I'm done with that hellhole, on to the big scary fortress.

Aaron

I actually found it easier to kill her without the NPC getting in my way since I can more easily see her moves being telegraphed. Now that I'm done with that hellhole, on to the big scary fortress.
I just finished Sen. Just book it to the top, and slash under the legs of the big boss. Easiest boss in the game. But now I'm stuck on the infamous archers from hell, so fuck this game.

I made a team and joined the Neogaf group, but holy crap do I have a lot of games to catch up on. Now I can't even look at my own group for fear of spoilers.

V_Arnold

Finally back in the game, HOTS-beta style, yo! :D

What is the state of the game nowadays, folks? What race should I focus on? Have no ambitions beyond platinum/maaaybe diamond, so bear that in mind :D

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me

What is the state of the game nowadays, folks? What race should I focus on? Have no ambitions beyond platinum/maaaybe diamond, so bear that in mind :D

state of the game is that terran pure bio wasnt viable past 50 minutes, so they buffed it.

In HOTS? Frankly it's so volatile it's impossible to say how the state of the game is. Should just try out some of the new styles and see how you like it.

fanboi

Banned

After watching Whit-Ra airtoss... I would say Protoss...

Proleague maps being imbalanced doesn't matter because teams can choose what race they want to send out on each map.

KT vs EG-TL was a 4-0 stomp by KT. I don't think you can say these Proleague teams aren't up to ESF standards.
Gratz, they stomped Zenio and Thorzain...

Holden

holy shit how much fucking money do they have

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Making your players say the sponsers at the end of interviews sure brings CASH

Zzoram

EG pretty much doesn't need TL for Proleague with how huge their roster is now. I guess TL still helps because EG's foreign players may be out of Korea most of the time, and HerO and Taeja are beasts.

giri

EG pretty much doesn't need TL for Proleague with how huge their roster is now. I guess TL still helps because EG's foreign players may be out of Korea most of the time, and HerO and Taeja are beasts.

And a lot of these EG guys don't seem to perform all that well.

zlatko

Banned
So has anyone here played the walking dead game?

Really want to get it, but I'm broke as fuck till Friday, but want to take into consideration SC2 GAF's opinion on it if I want to buy it at all or not.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Really want to get it, but I'm broke as fuck till Friday, but want to take into consideration SC2 GAF's opinion on it if I want to buy it at all or not.
You should really, really buy it. It's fantastic, and I hate the TV-show.

zlatko

Banned
You should really, really buy it. It's fantastic, and I hate the TV-show.

This means a lot coming from you...fuck. It's on sale right now online for 10 bucks, but I only have 25 dollars till Friday and have to buy gas and food. xD

I'll be a happy man if/when I get this new job that doesn't pay in beans!

I'll get PC version Friday then. Thanks!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hey, why don't I have you on Steam? Add me!

Yoshichan

edit: Also, where can I find it for 10 bucks :3?

zlatko

Banned
Hey, why don't I have you on Steam? Add me!

Yoshichan

edit: Also, where can I find it for 10 bucks :3?

Check front page. I don't think YOU can, because it's a US/Canadia deal only for Gamefly download games they do.

I'll be on my PC tonight I'll add ya on steam. Is there more than 1 Yoshichan on there? I assume so so which is you?

Yoshichan

Check front page. I don't think YOU can, because it's a US/Canadia deal only for Gamefly download games they do.
Ah, ok!
I'll be on my PC tonight I'll add ya on steam. Is there more than 1 Yoshichan on there? I assume so so which is you?
Trust your instincts and/or follow the right &#9829;

EG have a big roster but they don't have anyone on the level of hero or taeja. Their best Korean is probably Jaedong and he is mediocre at best.

Gotta say MLG and NA esports in general's plan to hype Kespa players has been hilarious. Most SC2 fans have little idea who these guys are outside of Rain. Overall it reminds me of the campaign a record label would launch to introduce a popular British boy band to American audiences...but I'm not sold that the audience cares. A few months of oversaturated SC2 tournaments where Jaedong loses in the first couple rounds will likely sully his relevance in the US.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Gotta say MLG and NA esports in general's plan to hype Kespa players has been hilarious. Most SC2 fans have little idea who these guys are outside of Rain. Overall it reminds me of the campaign a record label would launch to introduce a popular British boy band to American audiences...but I'm not sold that the audience cares. A few months of oversaturated SC2 tournaments where Jaedong loses in the first couple rounds will likely sully his relevance in the US.

People wanted to believe the BW pros would come into the SC2 scene like flaming valkyries thus, destroying everyone and changing the way we would see the game played forever. But obviously that didn't happen and since lacklaster results and weak personalities don't build fanbases, there isn't much to really go on.

SamuraiX-

This means a lot coming from you...fuck. It's on sale right now online for 10 bucks, but I only have 25 dollars till Friday and have to buy gas and food. xD

I'll be a happy man if/when I get this new job that doesn't pay in beans!

I'll get PC version Friday then. Thanks!

Yup. Worth every penny.

It's an amazing experience.

But if you're planning on PC version and are tight with money, I highly recommend waiting for the inevitable Steam holiday bundle sale. ;)

giri

People wanted to believe the BW pros would come into the SC2 scene like flaming valkyries thus, destroying everyone and changing the way we would see the game played forever. But obviously that didn't happen and since lacklaster results and weak personalities don't build fanbases, there isn't much to really go on.

Yeah, there are a few that seem really solid. Even as good as the top tier ESF guys. But none that have really blown the game open in any amazing way.

I think the transition is still being handled pretty damn averagely too. Not having any esf teams in proleague just seems dumb and petty.

Rain certainly looks amazing and has done interesting things with protoss but so far he hasn't truly shifted the race; it's not like he's beating 6 gate robo with mass Carriers or something, for instance.

People gravitate towards MKP, MC, DRG, MMA, etc because they have personalities. Jaedong has done a nice job pretty quickly in terms of putting himself out there for SC2 fans to "get" but the other players feel like Drago from Rocky IV: emotionless and somewhat stand off-ish. Flash obviously has a great personality and perhaps it'll shine through as he gets better at SC2.

Zzoram

Flash already has probably the best simcity of any Terran player. He also repairs his mech army and leap frogs tanks.

Fantasy actually repairs banshees.

Effort actually hunts observers with overseers.

Jaedong uses a lot of overseers and changelings.

These are minor things that were inconsistently done in the past by ESF players but KeSPA players with superior multitasking are going to make more common.

giri

Creep denying with Ravens? Like using auto-turrets? That's crafty. Never thought of that.

It's something i personally always found odd, that more Terran armies (both bio and mech) never got a raven or 2 for creep denial at least. Particularly when so many people are pulling late game "stealth" switches.

Yoshichan

Super short story quests today :(

Top Bottom