• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Mephala

I've been trying with Blizzard's/B.Net's website for a while now and I'm finally taking a step back before I give up on these guys entirely. I'm hoping someone here has a simple solution to my problem.

• I cannot login. I have forgotten my password & secret question answers.
  • I have a digital copy of SC2 but need to login to retrieve the authentication key if I'm to use this to reclaim my account.
  • The recovery wizard gives the above two options, I have neither so it suggests submitting a Support Ticket
  • The final step to submit a ticket requires you to login....

Why in the world would you need to login to submit a ticket telling Support that you cannot login? I'm sorry but this simply baffles me.

Any suggestions? I still have access to my email with purchase receipts and everything. :\

From his twitter:

TBH I think he's only hurting himself by not switching to HOTS asap, but hopefully he'll do well at IPL6

There seems to be so few WOL tournaments left at this point and frankly unless you're a top korean even the ones that are left you have no chance to win. Basically all foreigners and even low to mid level koreans should be switching over full time to HOTS now.

There is going to be a glut of tournaments right around release where balance is still being tweaked and players are still learning the game. It's a big opportunity for some different people to perform well.

I don't blame him but i don't agree with him.

I'll check him out. Do you stream? :O

Lol i don't have the requirements to stream and i'm fairly confident no-one wants to watch my 60-100 apm terrible quality play :p.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fuck off Blizzard. Can't even re-patch your shitty HotS.

cdyhybrid

I've been trying with Blizzard's/B.Net's website for a while now and I'm finally taking a step back before I give up on these guys entirely. I'm hoping someone here has a simple solution to my problem.

• I cannot login. I have forgotten my password & secret question answers.
  • I have a digital copy of SC2 but need to login to retrieve the authentication key if I'm to use this to reclaim my account.
  • The recovery wizard gives the above two options, I have neither so it suggests submitting a Support Ticket
  • The final step to submit a ticket requires you to login....

Why in the world would you need to login to submit a ticket telling Support that you cannot login? I'm sorry but this simply baffles me.

Any suggestions? I still have access to my email with purchase receipts and everything. :\

Probably best to just call them. Blizzard CS is good in my experience, if you explain the situation to them I'm sure they could figure out a way to help you.

Lol i don't have the requirements to stream and i'm fairly confident no-one wants to watch my 60-100 apm terrible quality play :p.

I would!

I need to find VODs of Life. Hmm...

Mephala

Probably best to just call them. Blizzard CS is good in my experience, if you explain the situation to them I'm sure they could figure out a way to help you.

I spent over 30 minutes in queue before I gave up. I ended up creating another account to lodge the ticket with. The response was a little shocking, they basically came straight up and said "Yes, we have a problem with the login recovery system. It is a high priority for us to fix this." then gave me simple, precise instructions. A single reply later and they have fixed me up.

Such a round about way to get in contact with them but once I've got their attention its really quite quick and good.

profit

Code S: RO16 groups
Only check if you dont care about spoilers or if you have caught up on all your games.

Group A:
DongRaeGu
Bomber
TaeJa
Innovation

Group B:
Squirtle
Symbol
MarineKing
Soulkey

Group C:
MC
Curious
GuMiho
LosirA

Group D:
Life
PartinG
BBoongBBoong
RorO

Great, 3 terrans in one group -_-.
I really want to see a Terran in the finals again!

I would :3

Lol you've seen my bad play first hand ;o. Anyway i've decided i'm going to wait for HOTS before i really get back into things. It kinda feels like a waste learning the current metagame when it's about to be changed so much.

Hopefully we can get a decent GAF clan going so we can practice together. I wouldn't mind actually playing a bit more this time and trying to get into masters. I've still only played a few hundred 1v1 games for the entirety of WOL and i'm going to try and be a bit more active in HOTS.

That's assuming i like HOTS as much as WOL of course. I think i'm going to start off as random as i can't pick a race. At the moment i'm leaning towards terran > zerg > protoss as my favourite but it's hard to choose.

profit

Lol you've seen my bad play first hand ;o. Anyway i've decided i'm going to wait for HOTS before i really get back into things. It kinda feels like a waste learning the current metagame when it's about to be changed so much.

Hopefully we can get a decent GAF clan going so we can practice together. I wouldn't mind actually playing a bit more this time and trying to get into masters. I've still only played a few hundred 1v1 games for the entirety of WOL and i'm going to try and be a bit more active in HOTS.

That's assuming i like HOTS as much as WOL of course. I think i'm going to start off as random as i can't pick a race. At the moment i'm leaning towards terran > zerg > protoss as my favourite but it's hard to choose.

Terran, you know you want to!
And I'm up for a clan, now that I can play on the NA servers aswell!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wow, the new replay-system in HotS is frikkin amazing. Being able to "Take Command" over certain points in replays is a GODLIKE function.

Vaporak

Such a round about way to get in contact with them but once I've got their attention its really quite quick and good.

That was my experience with them. I got locked out of my account because the authenticator app on my phone was giving me codes that didn't work so I couldn't log in. After contacting them they needed a picture of an ID from me and then they immediately disabled the authenticator.

Mew2

Neo Member
Been out of the game for a bit

Who are the top 5 of each race? At the very least who are the top Toss?

I used to love watching HuK but I was told he doesn't really play anymore...been watching Her0 now and would like some more names.

fanboi

Banned

I used to love watching HuK but I was told he doesn't really play anymore...been watching Her0 now and would like some more names.

Parting is good, like the best.

Also, what was that KESPA dudes name?

Vaporak

I'd say Parting, Creator, Rain, and both Hero's (TL and CJ) is a solid list of the top protoss imo. MC, Squirtle, and Seed are also up there to I'd say. Out of all of them only TL Hero will really have ladder streams to watch, the rest you'd have to find broadcasted professional games.

Not sure really who would be on a top 5 Terran/Zerg list. Life would be the top dog zerg. DRG sounds like he's getting back into solid form so he'd probably be a good choice as well. For Terran maybe Taeja and Flash?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim

Zerg:
Life, RorO, DRG, Sniper, Leenock , Symbol

Terran:
Taeja, Flash, Bomber, Gumiho // Slumping: Bogus, Fantasy, MKP, MVP

Protoss:
Hero, Hero, MC, Seed, Parting, Creator, Rain, Squirtle

Mew2

Neo Member
Thanks guys I'll look into some replays tonight

I'm in Afghanistan right now and Blizzard hates me...I can only play the AI in 1v1...

profit

Another replay from me: http://drop.sc/301920

This time a TvP.
I'm playing on my laptop this week and I hate it.... I feel so slow on it.

Pretty bad game from me overall, didnt harass the Toss enough which allowed him to build a shitton of collosi and high templar with a lot of stalker backup. I didnt build enough vikings cause I had no idea his collossi count was so high. Upgrades were a bit better then most of my games but still to late cause I forgot to build an armory.
My first push also came to late because I didnt execute the build properly.

Yoshichan

Thanks for the replays profit :3

Gonna be checking most of these out later on

profit

Thanks for the replays profit :3

Gonna be checking most of these out later on

Cheers!
They're pretty bad games, but I promised myself to upload a few games every day. I need someone else's point of view + knowing people will watch my game will maybe force me to learn and play better ^^. And they're actually a good motivation at the moment, I get less angry thinking about I'll actually learn from playing them.
And I really hate playing on my laptop....

Yoshichan

Cheers!
They're pretty bad games, but I promised myself to upload a few games every day. I need someone else's point of view + knowing people will watch my game will maybe force me to learn and play better ^^. And they're actually a good motivation at the moment, I get less angry thinking about I'll actually learn from playing them.
And I really hate playing on my laptop....
What laptop are you playing on? Are you getting stable framerate?

profit

What laptop are you playing on? Are you getting stable framerate?
Oh framerate isnt the issue, I just dont feel comfortable playing on it, keys are too flat and near each other cant find a good position behind it, and I have too adjust my mouse settings cause it feels very "floaty".

cdyhybrid

Welp I'll be jumping back in this week! Going home from Tuesday-Sunday and I'll only have my work laptop with me, and it can't handle Skyrim and I don't want to install Steam on it to play DotA2.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
So depressed now.

Damn 49ers :/

iEwz30cXOrKCm.gif

Mr Swine

Banned
Jesus, I thought that Ghost with EMP was supposed to be good vs Protoss. Didn't make a dent to his High Templars which still killed my whole army with 10 storms. Tried again against his stalker/immortal army and still killed everything I had ugh -_-

profit

Jesus, I thought that Ghost with EMP was supposed to be good vs Protoss. Didn't make a dent to his High Templars which still killed my whole army with 10 storms. Tried again against his stalker/immortal army and still killed everything I had ugh -_-

Were your ghosts cloaked/in front of your army and did you check for an observer?

zoukka

Heh every now and then I still watch a cast to see if the metagame has changed somehow. Today I watched TLO vs first matches and TLO still plays like he did in the fucking beta :b Weird compositions, weird tactics that make no sense and net him nothing except a surprise victory here and there when the opponent is lazy and thinks the opponent will play standard.

Mass roach timing? Mine gas so you have 500 extra when you push :D

One would think the meta would be refined after all these years, or maybe it's just him sucking so bad.

Yoshichan

They made IdrA taller.

Yoshichan

Heh every now and then I still watch a cast to see if the metagame has changed somehow. Today I watched TLO vs first matches and TLO still plays like he did in the fucking beta :b Weird compositions, weird tactics that make no sense and net him nothing except a surprise victory here and there when the opponent is lazy and thinks the opponent will play standard.

Mass roach timing? Mine gas so you have 500 extra when you push :D

One would think the meta would be refined after all these years, or maybe it's just him sucking so bad.

Zerg is the only race where you can quickly change from macro to allin if you see weakness.

This mostly has to do with the larva mechanic, and the small amount of time you have to look at your bases.

profit

Replay time!
http://drop.sc/302145

TvT this time. Lots of supply blocks, but I think my macro all around was decent enough.
upgrades were too late but I reminded myself to get them and build an armory to continue upgrading. Expansion again was too late. Maybe I should think about a time I want to plant it instead of just going with the flow.

a3den

don't really see why steelseries quit their sponsership w/ eg.

guess razor just had a better deal :/

This and probably for EG-TL too, no sponsors colliding anymore (cause TL already is sponsored by Razer) means they can maybe get an uniform ? That'd be baller.

Top Bottom