• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I want to be a hipster Corran :(

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ugghh I wasn't able to play as much as I wanted today. 4 games, went 2 for 2. Lost to a 4 gate which was a really shitty one and then lost to a terran because I tweaked my build for no fuckin reason.

Holden

In USA atm

Air Canada > American Airline

Just saying

lost my suitcase at dallas @ customs lololololol

Just a general GSL point (no spoilers, as I'm not even caught up yet): I'm starting to like Wolf/Khaldor more than Artosis/Tasteless. I'm just tired of Tasteless adding nothing to casts, and also getting the impression Artosis is often talking to himself. Khaldor's game knowledge has increased a lot recently, he's constantly referencing games that occurred recently, and you can tell he's getting a lot more confident. And Wolf is quickly positioning himself as the best analytical caster behind Artosis and Mr. Bitter.

Sliver

Just a general GSL point (no spoilers, as I'm not even caught up yet): I'm starting to like Wolf/Khaldor more than Artosis/Tasteless. I'm just tired of Tasteless adding nothing to casts, and also getting the impression Artosis is often talking to himself. Khaldor's game knowledge has increased a lot recently, he's constantly referencing games that occurred recently, and you can tell he's getting a lot more confident. And Wolf is quickly positioning himself as the best analytical caster behind Artosis and Mr. Bitter.

Wolf/Artosis is my favorite casting combo. Tasteless just kinda sucks now, like you said he adds nothing and Artosis is constantly on his own.

Never thought I'd see the day I didn't like Tasteless honestly, he was always so amazing.

Wunder

I'm glad a few people are acknowledging Tasteless' decline, although it really has been this bad for a while, but I suppose people wanted to give him time to improve. Wolf/Khaldor is definitely a great combo and you can see that they have great chemistry together and it is a 'healthy' one compared to MrBitter/Rotterdam (which is fine too, I just don't really appreciate that style compared to Wolf/Khaldor).

It'll be interesting to see if Wolf/Khaldor decide to stay and cast Code A for a long time or whether one of them will decide to leave. I feel like Khaldor will be the most likely to leave compared to Wolf since Wolf seems to love Korea.

Wolf/Artosis is my favorite casting combo. Tasteless just kinda sucks now, like you said he adds nothing and Artosis is constantly on his own.

Never thought I'd see the day I didn't like Tasteless honestly, he was always so amazing.

Definitely agreed, Wolf/Artosis were great the last time they cast together. You could just tell Artosis was excited to be casting with someone who he could actually talk about the game with. Not just in terms of discussing the current meta game, but moreso in terms of theorycrafting and discussing various strategies.

It's very easy to tell Tasteless doesn't play the game and isn't interested in it.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
1 week until nasl3.

sound off if you're going so we can start planning the gaf meet up.

also idra and incontrol will be there lololololol.

Striek

Tasteless is great, and MrBitter isn't even the better analytical caster in his own casting duo, you're so friggin' crazy PD.

Wolf/Khaldor have no chemistry, miss tons of shit, have annoying voices, are wrong most of the time et al.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
tasteless is amazing.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag

they should just start shuffling wolf kaldor artosis tastless to make thing new

(._.)

Banned

I still like Tasteless a lot but I agree. Tasteless has always been more of the play by play commentator but I feel like he has fallen off some recently in 2012. The position still requires game knowledge. I would say he just isn't casting as well as he used to. He sort of lets Artosis be both color and play by play now.

Tashi

I need a new Keyboard. I want a cheap, mechanical one. How loud are these things really? Ugh lol

Tashi

Yeah I went through indecision when I wanted one because of the price: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=415570

In the end, I looked at it as a purchase for something that I use daily as I do type a lot more than I game.

You could buy a copy of Halo 4 for the purchase. Overall, I think it's worth it, but that's up to you to decide.

Well I'm buying the limited edition Halo 4 sooooooo..... Lol :p

Thanks for the link though. I'm sure I'll end up getting dicked by my current one and just by that one out of frustration hahaha.

Yoshichan

Ask me about keyboards.

I'm an expert.

xmShake

Neo Member
Damn they're expensive huh? I was hoping it was gonna be like 40$

Better save up. Prepare to drop at least $90 and avoid cherry blacks. You should really try all the different switches out if you can but I recommend blues. Browns are similar to blues but not loud as fuck and reds are linear if you're into that type of feel.

Tashi

Better save up. Prepare to drop at least $90 and avoid cherry blacks. You should really try all the different switches out if you can but I recommend blues. Browns are similar to blues but not loud as fuck and reds are linear if you're into that type of feel.

Racist

Holden

Samsung Qsenn are pretty sweet but they are starting to get more expensive.

Used to find them at 15$ on ebay. Now like 26ish$. Still a sweet keyboard.

But as Corran said, any 5$ keyboard is great.

And yes i tried a mechanical keyboard, its the same other then noise lol;

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Shrug most of the pros just use a standard QSENN DT-35 which is like just a very basic of basic keyboard.

demented

Right so I finally started playing practice games, did 2 when game came out and 2 tonight and I love it again xD
Maybe it's because I'm winning and I probably got a leg up on people because I've been following the game since beta so I have general idea what to do, how to respond etc but my mechanics and timings are still bad I noticed.
I have bunch of practice games left but 2 things that are bit annoying, 1 most of opponents are terrain, 2 by the time rocks go down you'll probably have big army already and scout opponent with observer and know what he's going for and win easily, don't think it represents "real" game that well.
What should I do? Continue practicing until I feel confident enough to do placement games? Maybe try to play other races, I've only been following protoss bit more in depth, about others I know mostly from tournament games etc but no real BO etc

Snowman

Right so I finally started playing practice games, did 2 when game came out and 2 tonight and I love it again xD
Maybe it's because I'm winning and I probably got a leg up on people because I've been following the game since beta so I have general idea what to do, how to respond etc but my mechanics and timings are still bad I noticed.
I have bunch of practice games left but 2 things that are bit annoying, 1 most of opponents are terrain, 2 by the time rocks go down you'll probably have big army already and scout opponent with observer and know what he's going for and win easily, don't think it represents "real" game that well.
What should I do? Continue practicing until I feel confident enough to do placement games? Maybe try to play other races, I've only been following protoss bit more in depth, about others I know mostly from tournament games etc but no real BO etc

Just play the placements dude :) The practice league doesn't prepare you at all, just jump in, do your placements, probably lose most of them and then you should be playing against people at the same level as you and you can work your way up!

So I've been using SC2Gears for shits and giggles for the past few days (Mainly cause it makes me feel like a boss when I hear "Replay Saved" after a game :p) and after like 70 games my win rates for each matchup are kinda telling: 50% PvZ, 70% PvP and 35% PvT

Why is my PvT so bad? TT

Yoshichan

wb demented :3

Top Bottom