• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

demented

I asked about starting to play again few months ago but it takes time for me... lol :D
Tomorrow we do placement matches!

P.S. Warp prism strat that day9 showed few nights ago rocks.

Edit: Think I'm gonna try other races while I still have practice matches, might as well see how that feels.

(._.)

Banned
Just play the placements dude :) The practice league doesn't prepare you at all, just jump in, do your placements, probably lose most of them and then you should be playing against people at the same level as you and you can work your way up!

So I've been using SC2Gears for shits and giggles for the past few days (Mainly cause it makes me feel like a boss when I hear "Replay Saved" after a game :p) and after like 70 games my win rates for each matchup are kinda telling: 50% PvZ, 70% PvP and 35% PvT

Why is my PvT so bad? TT

How often do you vs terran? I hardly ever see them on ladder.

Snowman

How often do you vs terran? I hardly ever see them on ladder.

Pretty often, I'm EU diamond and I've played 22 games vs T in the last 65 so it's a pretty good percentage, been playing toss a little more and zerg a little less.

Might have to watch that PvT warp prism daily aha, it'll be the first one I've watched in a looong time :)

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
lol @ listening to holdens opinion on money.

kids never had a job, a hundred dollars is like 2 months allowance to him.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
lol Fahrenheit

tumblr_lhtbj67lcA1qbdydv.png

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Im glad CA doesnt really get any humidity. It goes over 100-110 often. But its dry heat

As a resident of Florida, fuck you. Also as a resident of Florida, help me get out of here :(.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
As a resident of Florida, fuck you. Also as a resident of Florida, help me get out of here :(.
lol florida

Man like 2 years ago I went to the UK during summer. It was so fucking cool over there. No heat at all. I almost kinda wished I lived there lol.

Watching this MMA/DRG showmatch (well, I just started). Remember when MMA looked utterly unstoppable? He was the most aggressive Terran and was really abusing the race's ability to attack multiple fronts moreso than anyone else. As Terran became more macro oriented (remember the quick third CC builds?) he continued to do well, but disappeared shortly thereafter. Like, completely off the map.

edit: he just tried to 2rax DRG...like seriously, wtf

Holden

lol @ listening to holdens opinion on money.

kids never had a job, a hundred dollars is like 2 months allowance to him.

fuck you, i could buy one if i wanted to. And i don't get fucking allowance jesus fuck.

And ya, its so hot in Kansas City atm. Dieing atm. 105F / 40C mid day

Naw I feel guilty :(

I've had a pretty busy weekend but I finally had time to play 1 or 2 games. Only problem is my internet is shaped for another few hours and people browsing the web was making me lag hard. The guy was nice enough to pause for a minute so I could ask them to stop for an hour but even then I was still lagging, alot. So I resorted to a 4 gate and demolished him. Only played that one game because its pointless but I feel bad now.

EDIT: Even though I get 4gated all the time!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
;___;

I wanna play basketball today too...

CfrQh.png

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What about in-door basket :3?

demented

Done with practice league, gonna do placement matches now, wish me luck.
These people are baaad, hope I meet more like them in bronze.

demented

help, won 5 games and I'm diamond, or so I thought hahaha. Screw you practice league, made me over confident :(
Lost 2 games so far, one vs bronze terran other vs silver zerg.
First game I teched up too much and didn't have enough army, he came with banshees, hellions and marines, few tanks and I didn't have enough army to kill it.
2nd game vs zerg it started fine, built second base but didn't expend to 3rd until it was too late, then he sniped it with mutas, I was waaaaay to passive and he massed mutas, brood lords, infestors and ton of zerglings. At first fight I killed half his shit but he came back with more plus ultralisks and killed it all :(

Gonna watch some stream/replays to get into mood and do the rest, or I'll do them tomorrow 3 am soon.
Need to work on not being passive, pushing, expanding past first one etc :\
Handled brood lords fine with blink stalkers but he sniped 3rd, i was out of shit and he cleaned me up easily :(

(._.)

Banned
help, won 5 games and I'm diamond, or so I thought hahaha. Screw you practice league, made me over confident :(
Lost 2 games so far, one vs bronze terran other vs silver zerg.
First game I teched up too much and didn't have enough army, he came with banshees, hellions and marines, few tanks and I didn't have enough army to kill it.
2nd game vs zerg it started fine, built second base but didn't expend to 3rd until it was too late, then he sniped it with mutas, I was waaaaay to passive and he massed mutas, brood lords, infestors and ton of zerglings. At first fight I killed half his shit but he came back with more plus ultralisks and killed it all :(

Gonna watch some stream/replays to get into mood and do the rest, or I'll do them tomorrow 3 am soon.
Need to work on not being passive, pushing, expanding past first one etc :\
Handled brood lords fine with blink stalkers but he sniped 3rd, i was out of shit and he cleaned me up easily :(

This is your first time laddering? You will probably place bronze or silver. Might as well just play the other three quickly then plan out a build you want to do for each match up.

demented

It is my first time *blushes*, should have started when I first got it(day 1 of release) but I've been following the scene and tournaments for a while, seen so many tutorials and guides, funny how none of it really rubbed of :(
But yeah, I'll work up from bronze and hopefully progress fast.

Things that I need to work most on are: do I have enough units? I either have plenty and then not attack or too little and get fucked when defending. And 2nd attack when I know I have enough units earlier on, not wait for 30+ min.
The right answer is probably make units all the time when you have money but I get stuck teching up too much so gotta learn when to stop, what to not get etc and learn about timing attacks.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
It is my first time *blushes*, should have started when I first got it(day 1 of release) but I've been following the scene and tournaments for a while, seen so many tutorials and guides, funny how none of it really rubbed of :(

Things that I need to work most on are: do I have enough units? I either have plenty and then not attack or too little and get fucked when defending. And 2nd attack when I know I have enough units earlier on, not wait for 30+ min.
The right answer is probably make units all the time when you have money but I get stuck teching up too much so gotta learn when to stop, what to not get etc and learn about timing attacks.
You just have to pick a build and find your rhythm playing first.

Snowman

You can watch all the stuff you want, none of it will help nearly as much as just playing the game a lot :p

Pancakes

Koreans are dominating Evo too lol.

They're taking over D:

Top Bottom