• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oh they changed Abduct so that it can't pick up massive units? Because I can swear that the battle report showed us someone abduct some colossus.

Holden

Oh they changed Abduct so that it can't pick up massive units? Because I can swear that the battle report showed us someone abduct some colossus.

na you can, but i don't see viper being able to abduct a mothership being balanced lategame pvz

unless they speed the mothership up, dunno.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
No, he's just a frenchman trying to speak english.

'i have no clue how this is gonna balance out? If they changed it to not work on massive it'd be useless.'

in that video did he just abduct a mothership core?

vipers not listed as psyonic, ghost status: mad as fuck.

Deadman

omrM0.jpg

aBojZ.jpg

iQksb.jpg

Apparently has 29 range rofl

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I was just given one before you asked, thanks though. SC2 gaf is the best!
Where are you guys getting these spare DOTA2 keys anyways?

ps, Nestea has awful ZvT

i got like 6 when got dota2 a few weeks back, they just appeared in my inventory! and eveyrone i know already has it lol

Holden

Interesting facts about MS / MS Core

When warping from core to MS, only takes 100sec instead of 160. But i dont think you can chrono it since its a unit.

And it saves the same amount of mana that the core had ( it gains mana while changing to the mother ship)

So vortex will be ready as soon as its done.

Zzoram

i got like 6 when got dota2 a few weeks back, they just appeared in my inventory! and eveyrone i know already has it lol

I have a cousin that might want a key. If you don't have anyone else to give it to, please PM it to me. He's a LoL player right now so he must be enlightened.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sorry for the late response... I PMed you Profit.

profit

Are you guys getting my PM replies? Cause my browser is acting weird.
Its not very important anymore though, I just got off the phone with the person I needed to contact.

Yoshichan

I got yours, Profit :3

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
avilo: what people don't realize is that creep is basically a maphack, when you have high apm, you get rewarded with the maphack. that doesn't happen with terran, you don't get rewarded for having high apm with terran.

Holden

avilo: what people don't realize is that creep is basically a maphack, when you have high apm, you get rewarded with the maphack. that doesn't happen with terran, you don't get rewarded for having high apm with terran.

If you have low apm as terran you get rewarded w/ map hack, big diffrence.

Protoss on the other hand... ;)

Yoshichan

Real talk, good or bad:

Removing small macro tasks like saturation and waypoint for workers... good or bad?
Doesn't really matter... I mean, at first you might hyperbole and say "this will change EVERYTHING!" but it won't - and people will forget about it after a couple of days.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Real talk, good or bad:

Removing small macro tasks like saturation and waypoint for workers... good or bad?
big deal between bronze and gold, so we might see less of bronze being huge and silver/gold being tiny divisions. beyond that its like the game clock, everyone freaked but ultimately wasnt a big deal.

Deadman

He hovers over the move speed at the end and it says 1.41. Liquipedia says its currently 1.4062, so its not really any faster.

Zzoram

Just lost my first 2 DOTA2 matches. I picked "New Player" for the setup options, not sure how that affects my matchmaking.

I was the worst on my team in game 1 and the best on my team in game 2.

Real talk, good or bad:

Makes absolutely no difference at high levels of play.

Saturation numbers might have a small effect because you wont have to highlight workers to tell saturation, but for pro players this saves them maybe half a second equally.

profit

Can you explain what both of these mean?

Saturation: the ammount of workers it takes to mine the most effective for a base (2 per mineral patch?)

Waypoint for workers: when a worker finishes building, and you have set a waypoint to a mineral patch, he will automatically start mining from that patch.

If that is what you are asking, also I'm bad at explaining such things so I hope someone more knowledgeable will explain better.

sixghost

Saturation: the ammount of workers it takes to mine the most effective for a base (2 per mineral patch?)

Waypoint for workers: when a worker finishes building, and you have set a waypoint to a mineral patch, he will automatically start mining from that patch.

If that is what you are asking, also I'm bad at explaining such things so I hope someone more knowledgeable will explain better.

I knew what the terms meant, I just didn't understand what changes were being made to them.

zlatko

Banned
Real talk, good or bad:

Good for me. I never did the saturation positioning of my workers. Too much other big things to focus on that make huge waves in how a game will pan out.

Yoshichan

I knew what the terms meant, I just didn't understand what changes were being made to them.
You can toggle so that workers are rally-pointed to the minerals (without having to manually do that). You can now also see the amount of saturation (workers) you have per base (it says like 24/24 if you're at full saturation).

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
two per patch is the most efficient worker count but it is not the point of saturation. [24 workers]

HoTs will also order your initial 6 workers to begin mining for you.

Yoshichan

I wonder if they'll split them up (and order them to mine at the closest mineral patch) for you :3?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me

the game will display the current number of workers mining a base and the saturation level.

so if you have like 12 miners and an additional 6 on gas, you'll see 18/30 above your base.

Good for me. I never did the saturation positioning of my workers. Too much other big things to focus on that make huge waves in how a game will pan out.

no there isnt.

zlatko

Banned
the game will display the current number of workers mining a base and the saturation level.

so if you have like 12 miners and an additional 6 on gas, you'll see 18/30 above your base.

no there isnt.

In terms of when I'm expanding? Yes there is. I'd rather be focusing on creep spread, injections, scouting, army positioning, etc then wondering if this new expansion I just made I put enough workers on each mineral patch. :/ Toss in an engagement where I want to micro a bit, and I'd rather put effort towards that then again making sure I have 2 per patch.

sixghost

no there isnt.
Oh, those both just seem like natural extensions of auto-mine. I remember when people were freaking out when they found out workers would automatically mine if you set the rally to minerals. You used to manually jump back to each town hall every time a worker was produced and tell them to mine.

Miker

Multi-building selection was apparently going to make SC2 so easy a baby could play it. I don't think auto-mining is going to change anything.

Also, those new Nydus Worms NEEED to be in MP somehow. It seems like such a wasted opportunity if they're just in campaign.

sixghost

Multi-building selection was apparently going to make SC2 so easy a baby could play it. I don't think auto-mining is going to change anything.

Also, those new Nydus Worms NEEED to be in MP somehow. It seems like such a wasted opportunity if they're just in campaign.

MBS, automine, infinite control groups, and smart-casting certainly made it significantly easier to play. In some cases, it probably made for more exciting games though.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
MBS, automine, infinite control groups, and smart-casting certainly made it significantly easier to play. In some cases, it probably made for more exciting games though.

any zerg player could tell ya sc2 never had infinite control groups. :p

recently been patched up too 500 though, so im not complainin'.

Top Bottom