• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield | Review Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 40-45%

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • 45-50%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-55%

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 55-60%

• 60-65%

• 65-70%

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 5 0.8%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 81 12.5%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 241 37.3%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 243 37.6%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 55 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Banjo64

cumsessed
Concern trolling isn't cheap. I have a job to do and i'll do it no matter the cost
Sorry I doubted you Sensei. Tell us all about the loading screens and retard-tier space exploration 🤤

wnod.gif

feynoob

Banned
Alright then. Then I guess their marketing just hit me different. I just didn't expect it to be like that, despite knowing that they were using some current iteration of their Creation Engine. I genuinely thought they updated it to handle all of that.
The upgrade is showing it's results. It's just that some limitations are hard to overcome.
the only way you get seamless travel on that engine, is if Bethesda drops their trademark. Interacting with every objective is what makes their game stand out.
drop that, and they can provide a lot of features. But that won't make their games interesting. It would be just like another open world Ubisoft game, not to mention they are notoriously bad with their main story quest line.

feynoob

Banned
The fact Starfield only has 50 reviews is shocking. Ragnarok had 120 reviews the day of embargo.

Proves Bethesda really cherry-picked

This will end up less than 85
PS has bigger fan base and community. It will have more reviews normally.
Same with Nintendo.
When it comes to Xbox, it's just small reviewers.

Atrus

Gold Member
I read the reviews but watching the Shroud stream last night was pretty brutal. He likes it and says it’s cookie cutter Bethesda, but the actual gameplay is like a step backwards in time.

The poor voice acting, dialogue, animations (someone in the chat rightly asked why npcs can’t turn their bodies to talk to face you), the constant loading of areas, and the ease of the game so far is a turn off.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Do you not know how opencritic works?

Only a fraction of those are counted

And now show me the metacritic please.

Do *YOU* know how opencritic works ?

Metacritic divides reviews by platform. Starfield is on 2 major platforms, half the reviewers are playing the Xbox version, half are playing the PC version. God of War Ragnarok was reviewed only on the PS5, no one reviewed the PS4 version. Even the 3~ reviews you see on the MC page for Ragnarok PS4 are not labeled as which hardware they were done on, on their review pages.

Opencritic aggregates the reviews for all platforms the game is being reviewed on.

Hope that clarifies it.

Last edited:

gow3isben

Do *YOU* know how opencritic works ?

Metacritic divides reviews by platform. Starfield is on 2 major platforms, half the reviewers are playing the Xbox version, half are playing the PC version. God of War Ragnarok was reviewed only on the PS5, no one reviewed the PS4 version. Even the 3~ reviews you see on the MC page for Ragnarok PS4 are not labeled as which hardware they were done on, on their review pages.

Opencritic aggregates the reviews for all platforms the game is being reviewed on.

Hope that clarifies it.

Opencritic only counts top critics in its aggregate. Many of the low tier sites on that list of "100" are actually not counted.

The majority of the metacritic reviews are shared for both PC and Xbox versions. Even friggin Xbox era's review is counted in the PC version of metacritic. So this is not an excuse.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

feynoob

Banned
Dude 120 review sites vs 50 man.

It ain't like PS has 70 more independant review sites who don't review xbox games on metacritic
Or the score can go to 90, if those users keep hitting 8/10-10/10.
You can't make assumptions, if we don't know what those users will score.
4: 70, 1 75, 15 in range of 80-90. The rest is 90-100.
That is the PC score, not counting the Xbox version.
Keep in mind that the PC score is 88.

Last edited:

gow3isben

Or the score can go to 90, if those users keep hitting 8/10-10/10.
You can't make assumptions, if we don't know what those users will score.
4: 70, 1 75, 15 in range of 80-90. The rest is 90-100.
That is the PC score, not counting the Xbox version.
Keep in mind that the PC score is 88.

Sure but odds are the sites bethesda purposefully avoided will bring it down

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
This game is legit everything I dreamed of.

My gripes so far. Lots of little loading screens. Im on a beast of a PC so I only get like 2 rotations of the circle in the bottom corner but I cant imagine what this game would have been like on the old aged mechanical hard drives.
I am having comedy bugs. Ive been playing for like 8 hours straight and im still on the first planet with constellation. People keep floating in the air, I should have captured it.

But what the fuck is this game man, my mind is blown. Theres so many people to talk to, or they just stop you and you get quests from them. It's nuts.

Overall the game is exactly what I wanted, and the more hours I put in the better its getting. Ive not even done the second main mission yet. I'm going to get onto that tomorrow....Once ive dropped Donna her coffee off.

I honestly feel like im going to sink into this games pace and its going to be everything I dreamed of. I spent like 30 minutes in the space combat sim, while basic its still exactly what I wanted from Destiny all those years ago. I never understood why they didnt put a simple space combat mode in it. I like managing the systems. Nothing crazy, just great.

I will be the space rogue I imagined.

feynoob

Banned
Sure but odds are the sites bethesda purposefully avoided will bring it down
These sites are cancerous, simply because they make money from drama and bad takes.
The Final Fantasy games are so-called because the very first instalment was to be Square's swansong, its last release before going bankrupt.
First paragraph of the review.

adamsapple

Opencritic only counts top critics in its aggregate. Many of the low tier sites on that list of "100" are actually not counted.

The majority of the metacritic reviews are shared for both PC and Xbox versions. Even friggin Xbox era's review is counted in the PC version of metacritic. So this is not an excuse.

Hope that helps.

Xbox Eras review is counted for PC because that's the version they reviewed mostly, it says so in their review if you have a look at it. Did you even look at it? I'm guessing not.

Outside of some fringe cases, Open critic hosts all the same reviews MC does.

You're making an issue out of nothing here.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Xbox Eras review is counted for PC because that's the version they reviewed mostly, it says so in their review if you have a look at it. Did you even look at it? I'm guessing not.

Outside of some fringe cases, Open critic hosts all the same reviews MC does.

You're making an issue out of nothing here.
He’s not wrong though, Halo Infinite has more than twice as many reviews. The others will come eventually.

Those loading screens everywhere and press x to fast travel everywhere. man...thank goodness I didn't cave and buy the early access - I'll have a dabble next week on gamepass but this really doesn't sound like the game I'm looking for.

adamsapple

He’s not wrong though, Halo Infinite has more than twice as many reviews. The others will come eventually.

It's 172 to 100, not exactly double, but yes you are right more reviews will come with the next few days. The Metro score can change in either direction.

DragonNCM

FFS after reading & watching all day reviews......I caved in & got early access.
I was never fun of Bethesda games, played some Fallout 3 & some Skyrim, some Fallout 4 but Starfield.....Starfield is total different beast.
I'm start getting game vibes like with Elden ring( was my first From game). Playing it on Series S with gamepass with upgrade & game looks gorgeous ( at least on my 1080p monitor).
Everything is so smooth that I'm forgetting that game runs on 30fps. I don't know what magic Bethesda did with game engine but everything runs & plays so smooth.
I'm glad they did it & proved their 8y work is worth.
THANK YOU BETHESDA FOR THIS MASTERWORK !!!

bender

What time is it?
Skyrim and Gtav loading screen are atrocious as hell.
These kids use SSD, which is fast as hell and complain about 10-20 sec loading time.

The bigger complaint doesn't seem to be about loading times, but the amount of loading screens.

Top Bottom