• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echoplx

i think i'm gonna fire kelly

it feels kinda lame to have the same character as everyone else

also man you took a lot of time to get to that blacksite mission? or is the 5 man upgrade not a lategame thing?

like i've beaten that mission already (also went back home with 1 kia and 3 gravely injured) and i only have 4 dudes :T

You can upgrade your squad size anytime you want you just need to build the guerrilla tactics school.

Teggy

also man you took a lot of time to get to that blacksite mission? or is the 5 man upgrade not a lategame thing?

like i've beaten that mission already (also went back home with 1 kia and 3 gravely injured) and i only have 4 dudes :T

Well I don't have her anymore :/

I definitely did prep a bit before doing the mission but nothing crazy. I prioritized getting the Guerilla Tactics School built - that was basically what I wanted to have done before I took it on, especially since I was under the assumption that the rookie was going to bite it. How wrong I was...

Gotta say it sucks that you are limited to one promotion per mission.

Tale of Two Wastelands is installed. Time to go tear shit up in D.C. with the Courier, Boone and Veronica.

Whereas my female (scummy, sleazy, sadist) Courier eventually got over her bad ways and eventually stopped massacring people in the Mojave (though not before sleeping with three women in one day and then shooting one of them just after she was freed from her employers), said Courier has no such qualms about D.C.

Time to poison the Wasteland. Megaton is getting nuked post-haste.

Volimar

In XCOM 2 if I retrain an officer do they keep their rank or will I have to rank them up again? I want to switch a ranger to having blademaster now that he's a colonel.

Also, Andromedon....WTF?!?!

Dsyndrome

Fucking GameTrailers shut down, everyone got laid off. I followed them more than any other publication/site/crew. Very sad.

Backlogger

Someone in Rocket League kept telling me I have a tumor and that I need to cure my cancer. I don't understand this online lingo. What did they mean? Did they just not like the way I played?

Someone in Rocket League kept telling me I have a tumor and that I need to cure my cancer. I don't understand this online lingo. What did they mean? Did they just not like the way I played?

Either they don't like the way you played/blame you for something bad happening. If I had to guess.

Arminsc

I'm tempted to pick up Way of the Samurai 4.

Is the story any good? Can I play it not knowing a thing about the other games?

AHA-Lambda

Fucking GameTrailers shut down, everyone got laid off. I followed them more than any other publication/site/crew. Very sad.

It's a damn shame but anecdotally speaking I stopped watching their content a few years back after a number of staff left. It did feel like their popularity was really waning. Damn shame though :(

zkylon

zkylewd
aww poor gametrailers

i always thought their reviews were bad but it's never nice news for things to shut down

You can upgrade your squad size anytime you want you just need to build the guerrilla tactics school.
ahh i'm gonna try and rush that

Well I don't have her anymore :/

I definitely did prep a bit before doing the mission but nothing crazy. I prioritized getting the Guerilla Tactics School built - that was basically what I wanted to have done before I took it on, especially since I was under the assumption that the rookie was going to bite it. How wrong I was...

Gotta say it sucks that you are limited to one promotion per mission.
yeah i don't like that limitation

Parsnip

Werd

Bought and finished Talos Principle: Road to Gehenna over the weekend after really enjoying the main game shortly before..

Would have been nice to have a new mechanic (actually cut out the platform as well), but the puzzles maintained their quality, the story/themes were interesting and the message board delivery was pretty amusing having been around them for so long. My only real issue with either game was that the majority of the times I got stuck for more than a few minutes turned out to not really be logic failings but either not understanding a somewhat arbitrary mechanic (you can only elevate something by placing a box on an unpowered fan and using that as the base for example) or that I had just missed a hard to see item for a few minutes (the first platform..). Something like Portal 2 goes the extra mile with visual cues and dialog to explain all the mechanics clearly, while still being challenging in the actual logic of puzzles.

Also didn't like the implementation of challenge stars, which going by the message board dialog in Gehenna others didn't as well. If I knew which puzzles required items from other puzzles (they make you find jumps to get over gates that prevent you bringing items in/out), I would have skipped those and done the others. But as is, I had to skip almost all of them in the original game because otherwise I was risking spending half an hour thinking I'm close to solving a difficult puzzle when in reality it was impossible with the tools on hand. After doing so once in Gehenna (you need some stars to unlock the final level), I just opened a guide and tried to skim it to see what was necessary but leave the puzzle bits to me.

But only really mentioning the issues I had because it was otherwise so satisfying and thoughtful, definitely a high recommend. Might finally give Antimatter a shot while I'm in a first person puzzle mode.

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm gonna remind ppl to really hold off modding xcom 2 until they patch this shit up

yesterday i spent like 20 minutes fixing the name of my free camera rotation mod and now i can't even access my save anymore

it's absolutely ridiculous that you can't even load your save if you don't have the mod installed

wtf

Rizzi

You seem to think Kelly is going to live forever.

I'm tempted to pick up Way of the Samurai 4.

Is the story any good? Can I play it not knowing a thing about the other games?

No need to play the other games, and some of the story paths are really good (there's 10 endings)

Also, you don't NEED to do the weird things, they are mostly optional.
You'll get plently of bang for your buck with this one, trust me :)

This is never gonna end is it?
Tj54ngp.jpg
I saw all the "fun" there is to the genre. Clicker games, what a trash waste of time.

zkylon

zkylewd
yup, lost access to my save

what a fucking joke

edit: nvm, got it working with the nexus version

sounds like the issue was another steam workshop thing, jeez

I've... never trusted Steam Workshop when it comes to mods. Launchers and manual installations are so much more reliable.

Still can't believe Valve tried to essentially make mods into mercenary DLC with the shakey Workshop thing they have going. Compatability would be impossible.

Nabs

http://compass.xbox.com/assets/ab/64/ab6480a4-ab37-4e0e-93c8-5d613a566638.jpg?n=Lunar-White-Wireless_Controller_gallery_960x540_02.jpg
The only controller that really matters.

Well so far, I may get a Steam one later on.

Nah. Not with that right analog stick.

Nzyme32

Like... anything that requires a d-pad. :lol

The dpad seriously gets a bad rep for the Steam Controller. If you tune it to what you want, you get no issues - which is also the problem since a lot of people dont want to even attempt to have a look at the settings and what they do.

I can do my usual A rank on Ikaruga and get all the way through MK9s story and ladder mode doing all the usual combos or fatalities without issue, even on the stupid raiden V Shao khan fight. That's better than the 360 pad, but I have no idea on the bone pad since ive not had enough time on it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom