• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

I played a little bit of Shadow Blade: Reload tonight and it's pretty neat. It's a side scrolling ninja platformer, but focused on acrobatics and ganking fools instead of stealth. It's in the $1 tier on Groupees but is $15 on Steam, so a nice deal.

Lain

Ha, I didn't expect Antoine to put out a statement so soon.

We've lobbied hard internally for a PC release and it's all been worth it. Scouring NeoGAF and other community forums over the years, I knew the demand was there -- so making a business case was fairly easy after crunching some numbers and aligning dev resources.

We can also thank Ono, in addition to Kobayashi, who were big proponents to see this PC port come to fruition.

While it's a latent port and a PC-only release, we've poured in a lot of love and care into this game. DDDA is one of my favorite games of all time, so I am thrilled to see tons of PC players embrace it.

Glad it paid off. The game is a blast to play and you guys did a good job also on pricing and the bonus stuff offered. It's great when an all around good job gets the deserved success.

septicore

I wouldn't mind if Capcom ever made a collection of their arcade beat em ups as they were classics back when I use to play them in the local arcades.

Aliens vs. Predators, Battle Circuit, Captain Commando, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, Final Fight series and there's probably others I never got a chance to play.

Would be nice if they also added online co-op support for them all.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Asura's Wrath with all the dlc for $30 would sell like gangbusters. Not even joking, port thirst + steamlovesanime syndrome

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I knew I forgot something.

And as opposed to games that have zero chance of being ported like some people are suggesting, this one like DD is just a normal ps3/360 game :p

And its a Capcom IP, unlike lets say UMVC3.

...I cant believe we didnt get Ultimate. I was sure they would put at least ultimate on pc back then :/

Why must you toy with my emotions?

Because misery loves company

wbacon

Capcom USA
Since you're here: Will those who own the original version of the Dragon's Dogma art book be given the revised version that was included in the Lunar Sale bundle?

Couple of people asked about it, but honestly, for all intents and purposes the art book is redundant. There's a second Udon Comics' ad page inserted that has nothing to do with Dragon's Dogma. I don't want to force an update to existing owners when the actual content of the DD art book is identical to the original release.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Couple of people asked about it, but honestly, for all intents and purposes the art book is redundant. There's a second Udon Comics' ad page inserted that has nothing to do with Dragon's Dogma. I don't want to force an update to existing owners when the actual content of the DD art book is identical to the original release.

Ah, fair enough. Any chance you can you sling a key specifically for the DLC app my way, then? ;)

tuxfool

Banned
Ah, fair enough. Any chance you can you sling a key specifically for the DLC app my way, then? ;)

TdGZxLY.jpg

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Se7enSword, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Undertale -- MB-736B978F18749787 - Taken by thesaucetastic. 30 entrants total.

t1455433062z1.png

Popstar

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Universe Sandbox -- MB-4C72CB199F642BE2 - Taken by ExoSoul. 1 entrants total.
Divekick -- MB-5C6EBA6E354DF9AE - Taken by Costa1774. 1 entrants total.

t1455430831z1.png

wbacon

Capcom USA
1433505778224.jpg

me too pls

I'll respond back later with a handful of keys just to prove my point that it ain't worth it.

For those who don't own the game, bear in mind it's treated as a DLC which I believe means you'll need the base game to download it. I could be wrong though.

Knurek

While it's a latent port and a PC-only release, we've poured in a lot of love and care into this game. DDDA is one of my favorite games of all time, so I am thrilled to see tons of PC players embrace it.

Obviously the question stands will Capcom follow with the punch or will they
Kill the positive momentum garnered by both this and Resident Evil remasters
Although I can't say I understand completely the kind of thought that goes through a
Multi-national corporation, I'd like to point out that good PC ports do sell, even if for
IPs that didn't have any PC presence before.
Please consider them as well. People on PC do play them, since emulators exist which
Capcom should take as a sign of interest and losing potential revenue.
*drops mic*

Yep, we'll have both kinds. ;)

Internal dev teams in Japan are obviously busy with mainline titles which take time, resources, and manpower. The last item is always the biggest bottleneck in new games development as there's only a finite number of developers/designers available. That's the 'opportunity cost' we work with, so we ensure top internal dev resources are assigned to the most impactful titles (big new IP and/or sequels) while our external dev partners help fill the gap. These include HD ports and remasters and the occasional new IP.

TL;DR...we'll have more of your favorite Capcom HD ports heading your way. Naturally I won't be able to answer which ones so don't ask :)

GL with this (and keep the ports good! Don't be a Scamco! :p), and you got a SF V PC owner coming up soon.

And about the bolded: I hope Breath of Fire V is one of them as it's so damn PC-ass PC RPG that it can't but shine now in a better environment for that.

Knurek

And about the bolded: I hope Breath of Fire V is one of them as it's so damn PC-ass PC RPG that it can't but shine now in a better environment for that.

Better yet, Breath of Fire Legacy collection.
Breath of Fire 1 with encounter rate reduced.
Breath of Fire 2 with fan retranslation applied
Breath of Fire 3 with fixes to the guide
Breath of Fire 4 finally working on Windows 7 and up
and Breath of Fire V ported by Durante for that extra oomph.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
breath of fire was released on pc?

wow

i only played 3 but that game had some cool shit in it

I'd be interested to hear what you thought of Dragon Quarter if you ever got around to it. It was a very novel RPG at the time. Sort of a Vagrant Story Survival RPG with bits of Roguelike randomization.

zkylon

zkylewd
anyone that's playing xcom can tell me if emp grenades are one-use?

i don't know where the hell they went if that's not the case lol

Anteater

I'd probably day 1 okami hd

and I don't usually pay more than 20 dollars on a video game

these late ass ports of video games I've already played are making me poor

Lain

Why did I think Disgaea was coming out on the 12? Was some other game coming out on the 12 and I mixed them up? Kindred Spirits maybe?

zkylon

zkylewd
I'd be interested to hear what you thought of Dragon Quarter if you ever got around to it. It was a very novel RPG at the time. Sort of a Vagrant Story Survival RPG with bits of Roguelike randomization.
i wasn't really into the series or anything, basically during the ps1 era i just played every jrpg i could get my hands on
all i remember about about it is:
1- awesome sprites
2- turning into a teenager mid-way through (which i then found out is a recurring thing in the series)
3- making your own dragon!
4- a really annoying critical path hide and seek minigame
5- was pretty challenging

so pretty good memories, tiger dude was cool and all that.

that game you're talking about sounds kind of intriguing, i really wish more games had picked up the vagrant story gameplay but just dumbed it down a bit or at least explained something about it lol. i literally want to have like a free year to make my own parasite eve clone, i love that style so much, so yeah, sounds interesting

haven't played it tho, might look into emulating it if it's ps2

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
that game you're talking about sounds kind of intriguing, i really wish more games had picked up the vagrant story gameplay but just dumbed it down a bit or at least explained something about it lol. i literally want to have like a free year to make my own parasite eve clone, i love that style so much, so yeah, sounds interesting

haven't played it tho, might look into emulating it if it's ps2

It's super different from the rest of the series--Sort of notorious among fans for being such a departure and killing the franchise, sadly.

It's a turn based, tactical kind of battle system. You had three characters who had pretty distinct roles--Melee heavy, ranged and squishy magic who laid traps. Lots of moving characters in and out of range for attacking and defense.

Then you had this Roguelike/Ironman mode/New Game+ system with two pools of experience points, one for the current game and one you could carry over, one use items for making saves/checkpoints, and scarce healing items. And I think you could bank items for later playthroughs too, but there was cost associated with that as well. It may have just been that they weren't available for your current playthrough so you had to decide if you wanted them now or later. There was also the Dragon Counter, a number that slowly ticked upwards toward 100% and an instant game over--but was also tied to your super damaging dragon transformation, so you got to decide if it was worth it to use and get past that boss or try and refrain and maybe die anyway.

For how popular all those kinds of features are now it was amazingly ahead of it's time, which is probably why it didn't do well when it came out. I bet it'd do well on Steam. Cough.

Tizoc

breath of fire was released on pc?

wow

i only played 3 but that game had some cool shit in it
I still own my retail disc copy that i bought hears ago :3
Wonder i left it in my cupboard tho

Also the greenberg thread is giving my some good laughs
Yes it has idiotic posts but i read thru it just for the laughs

zkylon

zkylewd
Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1183848&page=14

These posts are giving me a headache in that thread. It hurts reading so much fucking stupidity tonight, I think I'm done with GAF for the night. Can't take it.

don't quote them here then

It's super different from the rest of the series--Sort of notorious among fans for being such a departure and killing the franchise, sadly.

It's a turn based, tactical kind of battle system. You had three characters who had pretty distinct roles--Melee heavy, ranged and squishy magic who laid traps. Lots of moving characters in and out of range for attacking and defense.

Then you had this Roguelike/Ironman mode/New Game+ system with two pools of experience points, one for the current game and one you could carry over, one use items for making saves/checkpoints, and scarce healing items. And I think you could bank items for later playthroughs too, but there was cost associated with that as well. It may have just been that they weren't available for your current playthrough so you had to decide if you wanted them now or later. There was also the Dragon Counter, a number that slowly ticked upwards toward 100% and an instant game over--but was also tied to your super damaging dragon transformation, so you got to decide if it was worth it to use and get past that boss or try and refrain and maybe die anyway.

For how popular all those kinds of features are now it was amazingly ahead of it's time, which is probably why it didn't do well when it came out. I bet it'd do well on Steam. Cough.
yeah that sounds pretty cool

i never get into the ng+ of games tho, i don't generally commit that long to a single game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom