• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to play BoI coming from 150 hours of Rebirth is tough. Tears feel really weird and the game chugs at the most inopportune moments. Kinda digging the scarcity of keys and bombs though.

Hektor

RIRs3WW.jpg

Derrick was before my time, but from the snippets you're posting here i think i'd really like him. :3

Mangagamer won't be offering Steam keys for titles purchased on their site in the future, due to "a drastically heightened number of fraudulent purchases using stolen credit cards" related to those titles.

They also had to shut their store down for now because of the problems that they had with their payment processors because of this.

Over the past few months we have been suffering from a drastically heightened number of fraudulent purchases using stolen credit cards on our site. The fraudulent activity has been focused almost exclusively on games that come with Steam keys, with the intent to re-sell on third party websites.

By the time the chargeback occurs and the victim receives their money back, this small yet determined group or individual has already taken the complimentary Steam keys we offer with these titles and sold them elsewhere. Each fraudulent purchase and subsequent chargeback severely damages our relationship with our payment processor, gateway, and creditors.

We’ve been making every attempt possible to thwart these illegitimate purchases with some limited success in the past months; however, as a small business we lack the resources to mitigate the risks associated with offering complimentary Steam keys, and with great regret we must announce that we will not be able to provide them for the foreseeable future.

http://blog.mangagamer.org/2016/02/15/pay-processor-issues/

That's just fucking shitty

Rocksmith sure has been a journey so far. I still suck but I can remember chords and switch between them with errors now.

Sure is an incredible tool if you stick with it.

bigzgod

Mangagamer won't be offering Steam keys for titles purchased on their site in the future, due to "a drastically heightened number of fraudulent purchases using stolen credit cards" related to those titles.

They also had to shut their store down for now because of the problems that they had with their payment processors because of this.

http://blog.mangagamer.org/2016/02/15/pay-processor-issues/

That's just fucking shitty

Yeah. Retailers will get in deep shit with their cc processors if their chargeback rate hits above a certain percentage. The worst part is that there's a chargeback fee charged to the retailer on a per chargeback basis. The fee ranges anywhere from $25-$100 per, depending on the bank. If there's a significant number of chargebacks, they could easily be looking at a bill in the thousands of dollars that will not be waived.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Man, reading that Quantum Break thread makes my brain hurt. Some folks will defend anything.

Also, Alan Wake/American Nightmare are amazing. That is all.

ViviOggi

Game is criticized for X

GEE I WONDER HOW MANY HATERS HAVE EVEN PLAYED THE GAME

More valid points for why poster didn't like aspect(s) of the game

HAVE YOU PLAYED IT? DID YOU FINISH IT? ad nauseam

Only in gaming

I swear if this type of vapid shitposting was bannable it'd straight up cut most threads in half

Game is criticized for X

GEE I WONDER HOW MANY HATERS HAVE EVEN PLAYED THE GAME

More valid points for why poster didn't like aspect(s) of the game

HAVE YOU PLAYED IT? DID YOU FINISH IT? ad nauseam

Only in gaming

I swear if this type of vapid shitposting was bannable it'd straight up cut most threads in half

You forgot the last bit.

WELL IF IT WAS SO BAD THEN WHY DID YOU PLAY IT FOR X HOURS? CLEARLY YOU ARE LYING ABOUT DISLIKING IT IF YOU PLAYED IT.

The ultimate gotcha argument. Either you haven't played a game long enough to criticize it or you've played it too much and your criticism is hypocritical.

dex3108

Even after patch ARK had issues on X1 with FPS and now they added split screen. I would love to see Digital Foundry analysis for split screen.

zkylon

zkylewd
i hope someone makes a comix zone spiritual successor kickstarter someday

i can't believe nobody tried to copy that comic panel thing in like the 20 years since it was released

Ozium

I have JUST now seen actual gameplay footage of Quantum Break
It's fucking Uncharted clone.
So you can stop or slow time, big frigign' whoop, all you use it for is to fire a bloody gun. I've prob. played games, not necessarily better, that had this feature.
Frag's sake
50 CENT BLOOD ON THE SAND HAS TIME STOP (well slow really, but 50 Cent stopping time sounds a lot cooler)

Not a very encouraging first impression.

For some reason I expected an Adventure game ala Heavy Rain and Beyond :V

For reals though why y'all hype for quantum break? After rise of toom braider i aint in the mood for cover shooters.
Then again i am playing uc4 as a matter of principle whenever my brother buys it

image.php

Max Payne and Alan Wake are good, that is why people want Quantum Break

Even after patch ARK had issues on X1 with FPS and now they added split screen. I would love to see Digital Foundry analysis for split screen.
I'm expecting N64 level frame rates. It looked bad on console when I last saw it so I couldn't believe that it was going for splitsceeen as well.
The DLC should show up in your Steam library by now.
I didn't think of that. I'll check out tonight. Thanks.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If anyone here owns Woof Blaster, the Store/Key sub was changed to Free on Demand about two-and-a-half weeks ago, so you'll need to install the game for it to display in your library. The change would have also knocked down your game count by 1.

Tizoc

image.php

Max Payne and Alan Wake are good, that is why people want Quantum Break
But it looks like a typical cover shooter
Then again i am basing it off the footage ive seen so far

The one shooter game i enjoyed slowing time in was wolf 09 mainly because i could rush at the fools guns blazing then when time resumes the suckers drop dead

Edit; i digress tho- i have an interest in trying out gears of war but i was expecing more of qb so was unimpressed when it turned out to be a cover shooter

i hope someone makes a comix zone spiritual successor kickstarter someday

i can't believe nobody tried to copy that comic panel thing in like the 20 years since it was released

I remember reading about a game with a kind of similar concept,thought I don't remember the name of the game.

Deques

Off-topic
but nobody cares anyway

I am going to buy a 2DS from my brother. Is there any games I should get for this system?

PranooY

Off-topic
but nobody cares anyway

I am going to buy a 2DS from my brother. Is there any games I should get for this system?
Just buy a 3DS. And get ALBW, FE Awakening, 999, VLR, AA Trilogy, MH4U and 3D Land.

The Walking Dead Michonne "gameplay" preview
https://youtu.be/Ujhu6Eh_LUA
Looks al right. As usual will wait for all the episodes to be out and get it on sale. I just hate the 3 month waiting for a new episode.

Tizoc

Off-topic
but nobody cares anyway

What region? Us or eu?
Off the top of my head
Mario 3d land
Smt4
Sega classics
Project x zone 2
Yokai watch
Pokemon
Smahs bros 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom