• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

I would like to see a trend of developers releasing games on Steam as pre-order only. Once they are released it is taken down from the store and it becomes hyper exclusive. Patches and support remains in place for those who bought it, just no new customers.

some people just want to see this world burn

you know we have no other world, don't you?

accel

I would like to see a trend of developers releasing games on Steam as pre-order only. Once they are released it is taken down from the store and it becomes hyper exclusive. Patches and support remains in place for those who bought it, just no new customers.

Ehm. Why?

accel

Why not? The world is full of limited edition, exclusive products.

Understood. I just thought there was some big idea that I missed, possibly something discussed before. Like, I don't know, create a limited version of some world which would somehow be interesting because it would be limited by design, etc, hunger games or whatever.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm at the point of no return and still need 110 salvage and 41 tech parts to complete the remaining weapon upgrades in Rise of the Tomb Raider. Farming salvage is easy enough, but that are only a handful of locations that are repopulated with enemies and not only are there no more than a few of them but you're lucky if half drop any tech parts at all. The previous game was far less stingy.

accel

I clicked the USB icon in my system tray and found out I could eject my GPU, what is going on?

It's a bug. NVIDIA support external GPUs that can be ejected, yours likely isn't external, but the driver reports that it can be ejected regardless. Ejecting is harmless, it should just remount.

Dr Dogg

I'm at the point of no return and still need 110 salvage and 41 tech parts to complete the remaining weapon upgrades in Rise of the Tomb Raider. Farming salvage is easy enough, but that are only a handful of locations that are repopulated with enemies and not only are there no more than a few of them but you're lucky if half drop any tech parts at all. The previous game was far less stingy.

I think one of the patches on the Xbone version did repopulate area's a bit more after competition of the main game but mainly certain areas instead of the whole map. I can remember going back to the start of the Soviet Installation to pick up some collectables I missed on the first time through and there was a different encounter there from the first time and a revisit I made before the game was complete. Though I did go for the more resources and xp increase upgrades first to maximise potential in those categories.

Thanks, so what would happen if I click it?

What do you think? Go on press it!

Uzzy

I'm still in two minds whether to pick up SFV's Season Pass to reap the rewards for the next batch of DLC or just grind it out and see how it goes. Thing is half of the 6 announced characters don't really do anything for me. The struggle is real.]

May as well wait until March and see exactly how much characters will cost.

Arthea

Are these games any good?

apparently Legend of Mysteria and Labyronia are good, I planned to play them but with so many games I want to play releasing, dunno when I'll get to it.
I didn't like Secret of Magia and dropped pretty early.
dunno about others much.

AHA-Lambda

Why not? The world is full of limited edition, exclusive products.

I think there a difference between Collectir Editions and outright not selling a game after a certain point. This would be the same for retail too.

Closest you'll get is owning games removed from Steam for whatever reason (licensing etc) or pre order only bonuses (see Banner Saga)

Besides the fact that we, in theory, never run out of stock for a digital marketplace is an inherent positive for distributors and consumers, why change that?

Wok

Humble Monthly somehow.

wbacon

Capcom USA
JaseC, I'm looking forward to that stream of hat eating.

You can thank JaceC for the accelerated release schedule.
That was my sole motivation in moving up the release.
Just kidding :)

Edit: Drinking tons of coffee to stay awake for launch (^^)

ViviOggi

I'm still in two minds whether to pick up SFV's Season Pass to reap the rewards for the next batch of DLC or just grind it out and see how it goes. Thing is half of the 6 announced characters don't really do anything for me. The struggle is real.

Couldn't find Caerith's version so sod it I'll make my own.

k781N0L.gif
You gain FM from day 1 right? I'll definitely grind it out, if a month of what I expect to be heavy play isn't enough to buy one fighter their system is shit.
Season pass isn't going away.

Arthea

would it be hard to update Breath of Fire IV PC and release on steam?

just asking, not implying anything

Jawmuncher

I want to say that Capcom games from here on out should be released at midnight, especially if they are releasing at that time on consoles.

Is there any work needed to be done for it aside from adjusting region times? I can't imagine valve going "you gotta pay us to release at midnight".

JaseC

My plan worked perfectly. :p

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
You gain FM from day 1 right? I'll definitely grind it out, if a month of what I expect to be heavy play isn't enough to buy one fighter their system is shit.
Season pass isn't going away.

I believe I heard someone doing 400K FM in a few days ( I think 2) between story and survival mode. IIRC Alex will be 100K so you may be able to get 4 characters if they all cost the same as Alex.

SFV Reviews dropping in less than 3 hours.

Pachimari

Yeah, I think if you complete everybody's story and Survival on all difficulties, you'll end up with 400.000 FM. I'm definitely setting them aside for Juri, Alex and Ibuki.

AHA-Lambda

I want to say that Capcom games from here on out should be released at midnight, especially if they are releasing at that time on consoles.

Is there any work needed to be done for it aside from adjusting region times? I can't imagine valve going "you gotta pay us to release at midnight".

It should be that way generally, I'm tired of more often than not waiting until 6 in the evening to play a game that's supposed to be out that day

JaseC

To VPN or not VPN SFV? That is the question! If so what VPN should I use?

VyprVPN offers a free service and it has servers just about everywhere. There is a 500MB monthly bandwidth limit to be mindful of, but that should be more than enough to unlock the game, which releases first in AU/NZ/Europe.

t1455580800z0.png

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
VyprVPN offers a free service and it has servers just about everywhere. There is a 500MB monthly bandwidth limit to be mindful of, but that should be more than enough to unlock the game, which releases first in AU/NZ/Europe.

t1455580800z0.png

Thanks a bunch

Jawmuncher

Yeah, I think if you complete everybody's story and Survival on all difficulties, you'll end up with 400.000 FM. I'm definitely setting them aside for Juri, Alex and Ibuki.

We'll never mind that. I can do maybe up to normal.

It should be that way generally, I'm tired of more often than not waiting until 6 in the evening to play a game that's supposed to be out that day

I'm still bitter about having to wait until 1PM EST for Resident Evil 0. Hell most of the steam community was. The whole forum was nothing but questions. Actually in general the Resident Evil 0 release got kind of over shadowed Dragons Dogma.

This is why I'm actually curious as to what is needed for a midnight launch. It can't be too crazy of a process I would think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom