• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Happy Birthday Community Thread | March - and maybe some Steam stuff

It's a slippery slope. Not bad to celebrate birthdays in a community setting. But as we have discussed before it is a problem when post's are of nothing else of substance. I Don't think it's wrong to say it's your birthday and give away game's though.

Endruen

It's a slippery slope. Not bad to celebrate birthdays in a community setting. But as we have discussed before it is a problem when post's are of nothing else of substance. I Don't think it's wrong to say it's your birthday and give away game's though.

I'm sorry if I caused any trouble with it. And I can't help but thank everyone that wishes me a happy birthday.

btw happy B-Day

Thank you.

Jawmuncher

I'm sorry if I caused any trouble with it. And I can't help but thank everyone that wishes me a happy birthday.

You weren't the only one with a birthday this month lol. It's been a common trend in the thread. Some month's just have more birthday's than other's. It's not really anyone's fault. I don't see the issue so long as it isn't taking away from discussion. Which I don't see it doing. I did the same thing you're doing on my birthday lol.

jediyoshi

Happy Birthday Community Thread | March - and maybe some Steam stuff

Countdown to

0lWX95Q.png

Endruen

SFV still busted in day two. ;_;

hbd endruen and belated to bernardo

Thank you.

Lots of parents missed Valentine day target, it seems. :p

So people really do want their kids born on Valentines Day? How odd.

I didn't even know people tried that. Wouldn't it be more logical to conceive them on Valentine's Day?
I'm not the case, though. My mother had 3 natural abortions before succeeding with me, I don't think they were aiming for that day, lol.

73V3N

Banned
We just hit 12PM here, which means...

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!

22 years old, the couple of duckies.
I'm doing a humble bundle giveaway with the last game I beat in 2015 and the first one I beat in 2016, to thank you for everything.

I'm doing it a free for all because I know planetarian won't hold against Undertale, but please, give it a chance! It's great!
The games will be given directly through Steam. I hope I did it correctly, if the links don't work, just PM me.

Good luck and congrats to the winners!

Aren't we doing birthdays wrong? Don't they work the other way around?

P.D.: Here's my Steam user, in case someone wants to add me as a friend.

Happy birthday !

So people really do want their kids born on Valentines Day? How odd.

I didn't even know people tried that. Wouldn't it be more logical to conceive them on Valentine's Day?
I'm not the case, though. My mother had 3 natural abortions before succeding with me, I don't think they were aiming for that day, lol.

So they can name him/her Valentine. Valentine is cool.
p3SqtTO.png

And everyone celebrates their birthday. The same goes for New Year.

I'm sorry to hear that, Endruen.

Ads on mobile GAF are pretty unintrusive in my experience. :p
Not true. It got admittedly better but I still encounter at least once a week horrible automatic forwarding spam ads which are incredibly frustrating.
We just hit 12PM here, which means...

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!

22 years old, the couple of duckies.
Happy birthday. But please only use "highlight" in case of alien abduction or dragon attacks.
I'm not sure about the extent and/or factual correctness of both using the same engine but it would be weird not to implement features from one game to the other if true, seeing both released around the same time and all.
Gameplay for Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord incoming guys! (40 minutes!!!)
5 March at the PCGamer Weekender stage:

http://weekender.pcgamer.com/pc-gamer-stage/mount-and-blade-2
I'm looking forward to it. Ambitious project with the talent to back it up. Good stuff.

Endruen

Happy birthday !

It's more about old stuff for me, but it's irrelevant to this thread, so whatever

btw happy B-Day

Thank you.

Happy birthday. But please only use "highlight" in case of alien abduction or dragon attacks.

Thank you. I will keep that in mind, but don't forget witch's red truth.

So they can name him/her Valentine. Valentine is cool.
p3SqtTO.png

And everyone celebrates their birthday. The same goes for New Year.

I'm sorry to hear that, Endruen.

Oh, I see. Nah, don't worry, not that it affects me. If anything, it makes me more grateful to be the one who came to exist.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
So I'm currently replaying Silent Hill 3, it's just as amazing as I remembered it.

When this kicks..holy shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_e8abf_Tds

One of the biggest crimes in the gaming world is that the fairly good port of 2 and very well done port of 3 are languishing on DVD/CD copies floating around for inflated prices on the aftermarket. They're still lightyears ahead of contemporary horror games, and deserve to be given wide availability once again.

Nabs

I refunded SFV before it even came out. I wasn't about to get got like that. I'll try again once it leaves Early Access.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Anyone try battle lounges in the last hour or so? Lots of peeps in the OT saying its working

Talking about SFV obviously

Went on a benchmark video journey on Youtube. AMD's FX8320 is an astonishing value and preforms very close to an i5. Darn impressive for a significantly lower price.

Phawx

Went on a benchmark video journey on Youtube. AMD's FX8320 is an astonishing value and preforms very close to an i5. Darn impressive for a significantly lower price.

AMD really suffers on the CPU front because they can't keep up with Intel's fabs. Well no one can.

As a quick aside, any Steam Gaffers going to PAX East? Let me know, we can have an informal powwow.

As another aside, I'm trying to work out the logistics of live streaming a bunch of my time on Twitch when I go. Think I might demo Nintendo World reopening on Friday.

Phawx

english for plebs please

I only have a high level understanding of this stuff, so don't take my word for it, but think of 'hooks' for things like OBS or nVidia ShadowPlay. If you can inject into a .dll you can 'intercept' calls and manipulate them or redirect them.

So Gedesato, SweetFX, cheatengine, OBS, shadowplay, etc

zkylon

zkylewd
i feel like i spend most of my time in photoshop instead on the actual game when playing the witness

got two lasers down now

some fun stuff in the desert area, definitely much easier than the nightmare of tetris panels in the swamp

Has it already been talked about how Humble seems to have decreased the amount of time you can increase your payment for a bundle after it ends from 30 days to about a week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom